USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X?

Discus and support USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi everyone A lot of people have had similar questions but i cant find an exact copy of what im looking for/ a simple response that isnt pure jargon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by AshleyPlatt, Mar 17, 2021.

1. AshleyPlatt
    AshleyPlatt Guest

Hi everyone

A lot of people have had similar questions but i cant find an exact copy of what im looking for/ a simple response that isnt pure jargon so here goes

Does anybody use/ know if a USB Y cable (1f2m) to attach say a keyboard to both a PC and a Series X will work? Or do you need a more powerful kbm?

So id have a keyboard plugged into the female part of the splitter

One male would be plugged into a pc port, the other into the series x

And id use a second splitter for a mouse (so mouse and keyboard are using seperate usb slots)

They would NOT both be on simultaneously - i just want to avoid having to unplug and replug both mouse and keyboard everytime i switch from pc to console - anyone do this already for sure?

And yeah does a simple cable work or does it need a kvm?

Thanks for your time and info on this

:)

AshleyPlatt, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The primary function of a USB Y cable is to get power to an external USB device using two USB ports. This would thus potentially eliminate the need to connect an otherwise power hungry device to a desktop or a laptop PC without an external power source. It's not meant or designed to daisy chain one keyboard and mouse to two separate machines.

You need a USB switcher instead. Like an HDMI switcher but for USB devices.
  3. AshleyPlatt Win User

Awesome thanks for the help!

I’ll get a hub thingy then^.^!
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

Connecting the controller with a USB cable doesn't work,

Controller still disconnects even with a USB cable connected,

I have the same issue with Series X using mouse and keyboard for Call of Duty Vanguard.

I played during the beta and there was no problems with the controller disconnecting but as soon as the game released, the controller disconnects,

I've tried a Xbox One controller Series X controller, with batteries and a USB cable, and the controllers still disconnects.
  5. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Can I play Rainbow six siege with keyboard and mouse in 2023? And if so how?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Yes, you can play Rainbow Six Siege with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox Series X/S.

Connect your keyboard and mouse to your Xbox Series X/S console. You can connect them directly to the console's USB ports or use a USB hub if you need more ports.

Once your keyboard and mouse are connected, start up Rainbow Six Siege on your Xbox Series X/S.

In the game's main menu, navigate to the Options menu.

From the Options menu, select the Controls tab.

From the Controls tab, select the Controller Type option.

Change the Controller Type to Mouse and Keyboard.

Customize your keyboard and mouse settings to your liking.
Thema:

1. USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X? - Similar Threads - USB cable Mouse

2. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  3. Elite 2 USB C cable melted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 USB C cable melted: I took my elite 2 controller off charge and left the cable on the floor, 5 minutes later I could small burning and the USB C that can with the controller meted and melted my carpet. Is the a...
  4. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  5. Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?: I haven't used this controller in a little while, i usually just play wired anyways. But the only microUSB cable I have is unreliable at this point so I wanted to try getting bluetooth working....
  6. Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model) No Longer Holding Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model) No Longer Holding Charge: Hi! On May 10th I bought an Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model). It has since lost all ability to hold a charge, never getting above 15%. I've used the official cable to...
  7. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting even with a USB cable. What should I do??: I just recently started having this problem where every few seconds my controller keeps disconnecting. This happens to all of my controllers. I tried everything from moving my Bluetooth devices...
  8. Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?: Hi, I recently bought a PDP controller to use on pc. This is the wired xbox series x controller that also works on pc. The controller works fine with the usb cable provided. This is a 8 foot long...
  9. Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...: Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the Xbox Series X outputs the audio through the cable instead of wirelessly? Would really like the option to...
  10. X Box controllers flakey connection on Windows when connected by USB C cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box controllers flakey connection on Windows when connected by USB C cable: This has been going on for a year now, the xbox controller stops working on windows. It will stop working in the middle of the game even though the controller is powered on, and connected via usb...