USB Storage Device has become write protected

Discus and support USB Storage Device has become write protected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok - I'm not a massive gamer, so I've been getting through GTAV gradually when I have the time. 75% of the way through and my USB storage device (with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Claytistuta, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Claytistuta
    Claytistuta Guest

Ok - I'm not a massive gamer, so I've been getting through GTAV gradually when I have the time. 75% of the way through and my USB storage device (with the GTA Saved game) has now apparently become unreadable. The Xbox tells me "Can't copy data to the device.
    Make sure it's not write protected". It won't let me clear cache on the device. Putting the USB onto my PC, I can see that the storage is taken up, but I can't access the files.

I should have sorted the cloud storage out earlier, but didn't think I'd need it.

Any ideas on getting the saved games off the USB and onto a better device? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Claytistuta, Jan 3, 2014
  2. gara campos
    gara campos Guest
    USB storage write-protected issue

So I was about to play on my xbox 360 :3, but when the logscreen appeared there where no accounts. I checked my external hard drive (not the xbox one, a hitachi HXSLMA), but when I tried to open it, a message appeared saying that it was "write-protected".
    Could you tell me how to solve this? P.S: I'm using a Mac (running OSX 10.7.5) so if you find any useful app for this let me now!

gara campos, Jan 3, 2014
  3. juan van
    juan van Guest
    My Xbox won't recognize my new flashdrive

www.xbox.com/.../storage

Seems like the USB is not passing the xbox's check for being usable as a storage device.

juan van, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Maticus06
    Maticus06 Guest

Same thing just happened to me.

Maticus06, Nov 26, 2014
  5. Hey there Maticus06!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Maticus06 Win User

Same thing just happened to me.
  7. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there Maticus06!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  8. juan van Win User

My Xbox won't recognize my new flashdrive

www.xbox.com/.../storage

Seems like the USB is not passing the xbox's check for being usable as a storage device.

This USB storage device works just fine on my PC, but why doesn’t it work on my Xbox 360?

If the USB storage device does not work at all, then there was a problem accessing the device (for example, it is faulty or write-protected) or it failed the Xbox 360 integrity check. If the USB storage device is configured, but a performance warning is
    displayed, it’s due to the Xbox 360 requiring a higher level of sustained performance than most PC uses.
  9. MBButler Win User

Xbox 360 not detecting usb flash memory

K r0ck512, What size flash drive are you using? Check to make sure your USB storage device is not set to write protected. It could also be faulty, or failed the Xbox 360 integrity check. If you would like to read further about using a USB Flashdrive for
    your XBOX 360 Console follow this link here -->
    USB Storage Device Support for Xbox 360

I hope this helps! If not, let us know.
  10. dup7d71ce78-208b-487 Win User

USB Flash Drive problem with DLC

Hello Tuzap77,

Downloading Full Xbox Live games on USB FlashDrives not recommended by Xbox could by the problem

Xbox's personal USB flash stick is made by SanDisk, however using a regular SanDisk flash drive could potentially be causing you to have performance issues.

If the USB storage device does not work at all, then there was a problem accessing the device (for example, it is faulty or write-protected) or it failed the Xbox 360 integrity check. If the USB storage device is configured, but a performance warning is
    displayed, it’s due to the Xbox 360 requiring a higher level of sustained performance than most PC uses.

Although there are members who use an external FlashDrive to play online, to use it as a primary source for all your downloadable content puts a substantial amount of pressure on the FlashDrive.

Follow this link here for more information on FlashDrive support
    USB Storage Device Support for Xbox 360
Thema:

1. USB Storage Device has become write protected - Similar Threads - USB Storage Device

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  4. Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB): I have two controllers that won't connect to my pc. I've tried 4 different USB cords, I've updated my controllers and I've even tried using my USB-C adapter . Both will blink when plugged in and...
  5. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  6. USB ports not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB ports not working: So my towns power went out and I came back to find my USB ports didn’t want to connect my headset USB. I tried to turn it off and on (nothing), restarting and still nothing. BUT!!! My headset had...
  7. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  8. If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work?: I have three USB SSD plugged to my Xbox Series and i want to know if by adding a Storage Expansion Card they will all(4) work simultaneous. I'm asking this because on PC, when you add an NVME...
  9. Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks: I was trying to use my SanDisk USB thumb drive to record gameplay footage and it is not showing up in the storage devices section (it flashes up for half a second but it disappears) so it is only...
  10. Can I connect Xbox One X front USB port to an external storage with a 14Tb Sata disk ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect Xbox One X front USB port to an external storage with a 14Tb Sata disk ?: Hi guys, I really have lots of local saved games and already with 1tb internal, 4tb and 5tb external disks on my XBox One X. I saw a product from Fantom Drives that is a plugin case using front...