Usb keyboard stopped working on xbox series s

Discus and support Usb keyboard stopped working on xbox series s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a usb keyboard and at first it worked perfectly, but not that long ago it just stopped working for no reason. a163defd-6003-47a5-a0bd-44e1d6c76e56 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aiden Mcmillan, May 21, 2023.

1. Usb keyboard stopped working on xbox series s

I got a usb keyboard and at first it worked perfectly, but not that long ago it just stopped working for no reason.

:)

Aiden Mcmillan, May 21, 2023
  2. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  3. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Please proceed to do a power cycle to fix the issue

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Sleep mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Sleep mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please let me know!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  4. Miguel Molina O Win User

The Xbox button is the one with the Xbox logo

On the link below, it is the Power button

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-ne...

We will proceed to do a soft reset of the console

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options and we will select the option:

Reset and keep my games & apps.

Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps.

If you have any trouble following any steps or the issue persists let me know!
  5. Aiden Mcmillan Win User

I do not know what button you are talking about. I held down the button that is next to the usb for 10 seconds and above. I even held down the xbox button that turns off the xbox for 10 seconds and it did nothing.
  6. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
Thema:

1. Usb keyboard stopped working on xbox series s - Similar Threads - Usb keyboard stopped

2. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  3. Text chat with USB keyboard is incredibly inconvenient for EVERY game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Text chat with USB keyboard is incredibly inconvenient for EVERY game: One thing I've been growingly excited about in recent years is the implementation of mouse + keyboard and crossplay with PC. Especially with Quake 1 and 2 out, this is bringing me back to the days...
  4. No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard?: Hi All, so my son bought a bluetooth keyboard, and we have a bluetooth adapter it connects to, and all works fine on a PC, however when put the adapter into the XBox there seems to be no power to...
  5. USB Mouse and Keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Mouse and Keyboard: Hi, Last week both my Razer USB mouse and keyboard were working fine. Today the mouse does not show up and I can't seem to use it. Ideas? 7664dd72-e693-4b39-9332-1343e2a71a29
  6. Wireless (USB) Keyboard and Mouse not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless (USB) Keyboard and Mouse not working.: I purchased a set of wireless (USB) Mouse and Keyboard of Microsoft Product. They worked fine, but stopped working after 11 months, the USB is not recognizing mouse or keyboard. If it works for at...
  7. Can you manually add drivers to an Xbox series S? (USB keyboard stopped working)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you manually add drivers to an Xbox series S? (USB keyboard stopped working): So a previously working (generic USB HP) keyboard just quit being recognized by my xbox? nothing has changed as far as i know. Ive seen two other similar posts that were responded to today and...
  8. ROG Strix USB Headset not Working on Xbox Series X, The Strix Flare Keyboard does WHY?

in XBoX on Consoles
    ROG Strix USB Headset not Working on Xbox Series X, The Strix Flare Keyboard does WHY?: Ok so a weird scenario. i just bought a ROG Strix Headset and the Flare Keyboard. (Both PNK LTD editions)... the Headset doesn't work via USB, while the Keyboard Does. this is so stupid when then...
  9. Xbox Series X, Mouse and Keyboard through Monitor USB ports?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, Mouse and Keyboard through Monitor USB ports?: I can't see to get this to work. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that work fine when I plug in the receivers directly to the Xbox. But I'm trying to get it to work where I plug the receivers...
  10. USB hub paired with Controller + Keyboard + Mouse

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB hub paired with Controller + Keyboard + Mouse: I'm buying a USB hub for my keyboard and mouse for my Xbox Series X. The ports on the back are already taken, so I'm going to be using the front port. Should I buy a USB hub that needs an external...