URGENT/Unplayable Game. Game files going missing - The Witcher 2 emulated onto Xbox One -...

Discus and support URGENT/Unplayable Game. Game files going missing - The Witcher 2 emulated onto Xbox One -... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am creating this new question in attempt to revive this thread:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AdamNBR, Jan 1, 2023.

1. AdamNBR
    AdamNBR Guest

URGENT/Unplayable Game. Game files going missing - The Witcher 2 emulated onto Xbox One -...

I am creating this new question in attempt to revive this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/game-files-going-missing-xbox-one/3288cd4e-53f1-41cc-99da-16247ebb63d3?messageId=f403250b-97c8-42f3-b2d7-37f8100eda26 As you can see from my follow up questions on there, This is the problem:

I have recently purchased the backwards compatible game, The Witcher 2, which I play on my Xbox One. Regularly, when I log in and open the game, the loaded saves are old files, and the most recent save file is missing. There is no option to “load” any saves from anywhere, you can select where to save from the settings but it only gives me one option, the cloud. So therefore there is no option within game to change anything, you can only delete saves.

I went into the cloud and found the save files for my game, they’re right there, but I have no way of getting them to pull up in the game for some reason. What is the fix? Why are the game files showing in the cloud but not loading in the game?

The response given was to do this:

Troubleshoot cloud storage on Xbox 360

Troubleshoot cloud storage on Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

How to copy, move, or delete saved games, profiles, and avatar items on Xbox 360

How to copy, move, or delete saved games, profiles, and avatar items on Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

1. From Xbox Home, go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select the storage device that contains the content you want to copy, move, or delete:
      • Hard Drive: Your console’s hard drive.
      • Cloud Saved Games: Storage space on our Xbox Live servers.
      • USB Storage Device: A USB storage device, such as a USB flash drive plugged into your console.
      • Memory Unit: A memory unit plugged into your original Xbox 360 console.
    4. Select the type of content that you want to copy, move, or delete:
      • Games and Apps (It's okay to copy and move saved games from one Xbox 360 console to another. You don't have to repurchase the game or reload it onto your second console.)
      • Gamer profiles
      • Demos
      • Videos
      • Themes
      • Gamer Pictures
      • System Items
      • Music
    5. Within the content type that you selected, click to select the item that you want to copy, move, or delete.
    6. Select Copy, Move, or Delete.
      • If you're copying or moving content: Select the storage device that you want to copy or move the item or items to. (After you've copied or moved the content from your console to a storage device, it's okay to repeat this step but instead select Delete to delete the content.)
      • If you're deleting content: Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
    Here is my response:

I am playing this game on the Xbox One, where I purchased it through the Microsoft store on the console. I am therefore playing a Xbox 360 game through the backwards compatibility emulator system built into the console. So from the in-game menu, I can access the Xbox 360 menu, but I cannot go to system settings. I can however click “manage storage,” from which I have two options, to click “saved games,” or “ profiles,” saved games shows me all games and i click the witcher 2, I see all my files I need, but if I click a file it just says, “Delete content - this will delete selected content from both the console and the cloud. Are you sure?” , there is no option to copy or move or nothing. Where do I go from here?

This is my post below. You can see the files missing from that morning, versus the night before when I still had them prior to logging out.

URGENT/Unplayable Game. Game files going missing - The Witcher 2 emulated onto Xbox One -... [​IMG]

Here is the files the night before, when I hadn’t yet logged out and lost them.

URGENT/Unplayable Game. Game files going missing - The Witcher 2 emulated onto Xbox One -... [​IMG]

:)

AdamNBR, Jan 1, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

URGENT/Unplayable Game. Game files going missing - The Witcher 2 emulated onto Xbox One - cannot resolve.

Hi AdamNBR,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Pondering Backwards Compatibility

Hello "Burst Axe" :)

Backwards Compatibility on the Xbox 360 with Original Xbox games is MOSTLY a miss as the emulation software pretty much made Original Xbox games unplayable due to bugs & glitches.

I don't know how Microsoft is going to switch things around to the point where "only some Xbox 360 games will be unplayable" on the Xbox One due to bugs / glitches as opposed to "most of the Xbox 360 games will be unplayable".

With that being said, I don't know anything about programming / game development; but it must be an unimaginable nightmare to compensate for the Xbox 360's missing hardware on the Xbox One.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night :)
  4. ShadowRiver797 Win User

Thanks for the memories

Hey, my 360 will be kept around for Witcher 2 (I collect the games I like and can't really collect witcher 2 without the console). Oh, and Bethesda games since PS3 sux at those (learned my lesson the hard way, had to re buy Vegas because I couldn't even
    finish it on the PS3 cause it got unplayably laggy. Please some one tell me it's much better on the 360 cause I know Vegas had a bad rep even without the PS3). And State of Decay (the only developer I'll miss not having an xbox one).
  5. AdamNBR Win User

Game Files Going Missing - Xbox One

Also, I am on the Xbox ONe, playing a 360 game through the backwards compatibility emulator system. So from the in-game Xbox 360 menu I cannot go to system settings, but I can click “manage storage,” from which I have two options, to click “saved games,” or “ profiles,” saved games shows me all games and i click the witcher 2, I see all my files I need, but if I click a file it just says, “Delete content - this will delete selected content from both the console and the cloud. Are you sure?” , there is no option to copy or move or nothing.
  6. The1WhoNeverWas Win User

Problems with "The Witcher 2" cannot see savegames and achievement list.

No, I did not.

The line that shows achievements completed from witcher 2 is from my xbox 360 playthrough last year,

and the new line of achimenents with 0 completed is created each time I try to play witcher 2 via backwards compatibility.

When I delete the zero achievments line, and re-run Witcher 2 via backwards compatibility , it gets created again.

so the problem is that Witcher 2 via back.comp. doesnt recognize

1) my cloud saved witcher 2 savegames

2) my witcher 2 xbox 360 achievement progress.

For the emulator is like I've never played that game before.
Thema:

1. URGENT/Unplayable Game. Game files going missing - The Witcher 2 emulated onto Xbox One -... - Similar Threads - URGENT Unplayable Game

2. Preciso urgente de um arquivo de atualização insider, se isso for possível estou com o...

in XboX Insiders
    Preciso urgente de um arquivo de atualização insider, se isso for possível estou com o...: Preciso de uma atualização offline insider, pois no site da Microsoft não tem e estou com o console parado devido a um erro de atualização, um desrespeito com usuário insider, se alguém tiver,...
  3. Urgent help needed. I sold my Xbox one and the new user can't get on

in XboX Insiders
    Urgent help needed. I sold my Xbox one and the new user can't get on: I sold my Xbox one today because I have an Xbox one x. I factory reset it but before I did I had to sign in to Microsoft and make it my "home" Xbox. I thought the factory reset would take that...
  4. Urgent copyright question about Forza in-game photos

in XBoX on Windows
    Urgent copyright question about Forza in-game photos: Hi! I wanted to ask a question about the copyright of in-game screenshots of Forza Series. I planned to publish an independent videogame magazine. Inside, there will be an article enriched by...
  5. How can I recover an old and unused account? URGENT

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover an old and unused account? URGENT: I have an outlook account just like this email but I forgot all login information. Please dont tell me that there is no way of recovering it. I see I still have my old number linked to the...
  6. I need to reverse my Minecraft Java name back urgently. Can you please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to reverse my Minecraft Java name back urgently. Can you please help me?: Hello, with the holidays just recently ive had family visiting and friends. My cousins came over yesterday and one of them wanted to play minecraft and i let them on my laptop. Come to find out...
  7. *URGENT* I can’t access my account under any conditions

in XBoX Accessibility
    *URGENT* I can’t access my account under any conditions: I’ve had my Xbox for a couple years now, and I restarted my console because I was having issues with updating a game. Well whenever I tried to log back in, I couldn’t remember my password. So I...
  8. Why is no one answering my very urgent support requests

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is no one answering my very urgent support requests: so my account for MS Rewards has been temp suppended, I am trying to redeem all my point to put towards a new xbox but it seems Microsoft dont like that idea and has put a stop to that. Ive...
  9. Urgent help needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Urgent help needed: My controller's X button was sticky so after cleaning it with alcohol the A button has somehow connected to the Menu button and when I press the A button the menu button takes the action to,”...
  10. can i no longer recover the account ? *urgent*

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i no longer recover the account ? *urgent*: my account was somehow stolen from me and i am not having any success recovering it with the automated system so i reached out to microsoft agent and the agent said" the issue you are...