Uploading PC gamebar captures to Xbox network/profile removed?

Discus and support Uploading PC gamebar captures to Xbox network/profile removed? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; There used to be a "Share Link" option that would allow you to upload the clip to your profile. Who thought it was a good idea to remove it? submitted... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jxykicks, Aug 27, 2022.

1. /u/jxykicks
    /u/jxykicks Guest

There used to be a "Share Link" option that would allow you to upload the clip to your profile. Who thought it was a good idea to remove it?

submitted by /u/jxykicks
    [link] [comments]

/u/jxykicks, Aug 27, 2022
  2. FadeD ViiBE Win User

Upload xbox pc game bar captures to mobile app

I have the same question, but what I think OP is trying to ask is, how do we take a game clip captured on PC through the Xbox Gamebar and upload it to the Xbox PC App, so that we may share it to our friends through the app?
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?

"do captures save to the console’s internal storage regardless of whether or not they’re uploaded to the Xbox Network?"

All captures are initially stored on the console before they can be uploaded to the Xbox Network.

Only the captures you choose to be uploaded will be unless you choose automatic uploads in your Settings options.

Only uploaded captures (ie on the Xbox network) can be shared to your profile, clubs, etc.

There is a finite space for captures on the console so if space is all used up any further captures will overwrite the oldest captures.

Its possible to have a copy of a capture on the console as well as on the Xbox network but this limits your consoles storage for new captures. After uploading it's best to delete the console copy.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  5. Juhn Jac Win User

How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.

Hi Mr Mayosapien

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with this concern. We will work together to achieve your desired resolution.

You can also download your captures locally to your PC by following these steps:

• Open the Xbox app on your PC.
    • Sign in to the app using your Microsoft account.
    • Select the Captures icon on the left menu panel.
    • Select On Xbox Live to view captures you’ve uploaded to Xbox Live.
    • Select the Download button to download the captures locally to your PC.

Things to keep in mind when uploading to the Xbox Network

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload. Here are some important things to keep in mind:

• You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach that limit, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.
    • Any game clip or screenshot that’s uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.
    • Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.
    • If you see a Warning icon next to a capture, that means that the game clip or screenshot is scheduled for automatic deletion. The expiration date is listed on the individual capture.
    • You can also view captures that are scheduled for automatic deletion by opening the Captures app, and then selecting the Expiring soon filter.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  6. CarTzy Win User

How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.

Hello Horns Up Baby,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

To retrieve your photos and video screenshots from your Xbox One console, please follow these steps:

You can also download your captures locally to your PC by following these steps:

1. Open the Xbox app on your PC.
    2. Sign in to the app using your Microsoft account.
    3. Select the Captures icon on the left menu panel.
    4. Select On Xbox Live to view captures you’ve uploaded to Xbox Live.
    5. Select the Download button to download the captures locally to your PC.

Things to keep in mind when uploading to the Xbox Network

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload. Here are some important things to keep in mind:

• You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach that limit, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.
    • Any game clip or screenshot that’s uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.
    • Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.
    • If you see a Warning icon next to a capture, that means that the game clip or screenshot is scheduled for automatic deletion. The expiration date is listed on the individual capture.
    • You can also view captures that are scheduled for automatic deletion by opening the Captures app, and then selecting the Expiring soon filter.

We hope this helps. If you have any further questions or feedback, please let us know. Thank you for being part of the Xbox community.
Thema:

1. Uploading PC gamebar captures to Xbox network/profile removed? - Similar Threads - Uploading gamebar captures

2. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  3. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  4. Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account: I'm trying to log in to wwe2k image uploader but it won't let me. a62ad580-cf6b-4608-9845-ce88a267d0c5
  5. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  6. Change Onedrive xbox upload folder

in XBoX on Windows
    Change Onedrive xbox upload folder: Hello. I have chose to auto upload all my screenshots from xbox to Onedrive. My question is, can I change the default folders of the uploads? 4e59835a-e404-4ffe-8d41-7783cf5d3e41
  7. Can you view who has seen your clip that has been uploaded to your activity feed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you view who has seen your clip that has been uploaded to your activity feed?: I have 18 views on a clip and I want to know who has seen it. Any way? 1ac66c63-78f7-4529-92b2-3d445c3c564d
  8. Xbox seemingly won't upload older clips to One Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox seemingly won't upload older clips to One Drive: So with Xbox deleting clips, I've been trying to upload my older clips to One Drive. I'll select the clips I want to upload, and xbox will say the upload is successful and will continue in the...
  9. How do you upload xbox gamebar captures to Xbox Live on Windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you upload xbox gamebar captures to Xbox Live on Windows 11: I just got a new Windows 11 computer and I've been recording clips using game bar. I would like to send them to my friends but I don't see an option to upload any of the clips to xbox live. I also...
  10. Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game: As we all know, Microsoft does not allow for the use of ":" (colons) in the naming convention of files. However, some games have them in their titles and this will prevent you from uploading your...