Upload Studio Trim Video Not Working

Discus and support Upload Studio Trim Video Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whether from the Xbox clip review or Upload Studio App I can't trim video. The process locks up after about 3/4 of the rendering after I select "Save"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisDFerguson, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Upload Studio Trim Video Not Working

Whether from the Xbox clip review or Upload Studio App I can't trim video. The process locks up after about 3/4 of the rendering after I select "Save" and then times out after several minutes. I have done multiple hard resets and deleted old clips. I have
    plenty of hard drive space. What is going on? It really takes the fun out of it when you can't share clips. Also, half of the time it only records 3 or 4 seconds when I tell it to do 1 or 2 minutes. No bueno.

:)

ChrisDFerguson, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  3. HallamaniaHall Win User

Game captures not working properly

The videos get created but often they are glitchy to upload and trim, even using upload studio i often have to go back and re do it.

Also noticed this happening on some other games as well. Happened during Fortnite as well.

if this is a common issue is there any progress on a fix?
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Upload Studio No Longer Trimming

Hi there SeaNee,

I haven't heard of this particular error. There are a couple of things that might help us understand a bit better:

1. Is it after you select the section of your clip to Trim that you're seeing the "Total Length" still showing as the original length of the Trim?
    2. When you're making the Trim, does the new trimmed length show on "Trimmed Length" in the top left and on the timestamp on the bar below the clip?
    3. Is this happening when you do "Just a Trim" or is this happening during a Multi-clip?

Please let us know the answer to those questions and we'll work from there.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Upload Studio not working

6. v0rt3x-ADC7ACEF-B74C Win User

Upload Studio No Longer Supported - Trouble Trimming Clips

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. Upload studio support was stopped and i can't even trim a video in the xbox app. I also have no way to join videos any longer. Why was this app removed,? I understand there's no support, there hasnt been for
    years now but the app still worked well for the most part. This really sucks and sharing clips and montages with friends is no longer possible on xbox.
Thema:

Upload Studio Trim Video Not Working

1. Upload Studio Trim Video Not Working - Similar Threads - Upload Studio Trim

2. A replacement for Upload Studio ?

in XboX Insiders
    A replacement for Upload Studio ?: Hi, I have always wondered if we are going to get a app like Upload Studio where we can edit our clips with cool effects and sound also a app where we can see our clips in details like game folder...
  3. Will upload studio be returning to xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Will upload studio be returning to xbox: Hi there xbox development team, do you guys know when the upload studio app will be making it return on xbox again. Because this was great app to edit your clip for any social media sites you want...
  4. All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All game captures deleted when they discontinued Upload Studio: Can anyone explain why every single one of my game captures stored directly to my Xbox storage were deleted when Upload Studio was discontinued? I had years of clips saved that are now just...
  5. Any news on when the new Upload studio is coming out?

in XboX Insiders
    Any news on when the new Upload studio is coming out?: Laptop burned out, need to make a vid and upload studio is still offline, any news? submitted by /u/oddtrailfinder [link] [comments]
  6. I HATE HOW MICROSOFT REMOVED Upload Studio FOR XBOX!!!!!!!!!

in XBoX on Mobile
    I HATE HOW MICROSOFT REMOVED Upload Studio FOR XBOX!!!!!!!!!: I am really disappointed that Microsoft thought it was ok to move Upload to Mobile, This is ridiculous and i hope oneday we will have Upload back on Xbox, Just Why Phones, Why put it on phones?...
  7. Upload Studio is no more supported.

in XboX Insiders
    Upload Studio is no more supported.: Well, so no more Upload Studio. Granted, it was almost unusable right now, but almost unusable was still better then nothing. There's something new down the line or is just another functionality...
  8. Upload Studio No Longer Supported - Trouble Trimming Clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio No Longer Supported - Trouble Trimming Clips: I logged onto my Xbox today and went to edit a clip via the Upload Studio, it now pops up with a message stating that it’s no longer supported and recommends deleting the app. If I try to edit...
  9. Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim: Hello, new to making vidieos is there a way to splice your clip to remove unwanted content in the middle of ur vidieo? I can trim but that just goes from end or beggining not the middle of your...
  10. Clips created using Upload Studio have black thumbnails no matter how much I trim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clips created using Upload Studio have black thumbnails no matter how much I trim: No matter what I do, every clip I create using the Upload Studio App on the Xbox One comes out with a black thumbnail when viewing it afterwards from my "Manage Captures" list. This happens...