Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

Discus and support Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dumbdumbum, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10 and 30 mbps. I have a 500/500 connection and different speed tests usually show numbers close to these as well (with upload slightly higher). DL speed was around 470 mbps, which is expected. Latency just below 40ms. NAT open.

So far I've read every complaint in different forums, which date a few years and it looks like the same issue also troubled xbone consoles. There have been 0 mentions of any solutions, which actually worked.

I've tried changing ports, different dns's, clearing mac address, re-joining insider program (beta currently), hard reset, all kinds of router settings, including QoS, port forwarding. Everything seems to be perfect. But no changes to upload speed in xbox settings test.

When running any speed test in xbox browser, the speeds are as high as expected.

Today I pulled the network cable from the console and checked the test with 5g wifi and to my surprise, upload speed was more than 120 mbps.

I contacted Microsoft support in live chat, but they seemed either unaware or secretive of the issue. They claimed that there are issues with the service, however then proceeded to advise me to try simple troubleshooting steps I had already tried multiple times in different combinations.

Does any of you also experience something similar with wired network?

Tl;dr - upload speed in xbox settings speed test is up to 50x slower than it actually is. With wifi it is much higher.

submitted by /u/dumbdumbum
    [link] [comments]

/u/dumbdumbum, Dec 30, 2021
  2. Clinton_91 Win User

Download speed

I use a wired connection but at the moment my speeds are faster using wifi.
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Status code issue

If your download speed is that far out of sync with your upload speed (typically download is faster than upload on consumer Internet connections) you may have some other issues. Are you on a wired or wireless connection?
  4. H3PA80R Win User

Short Question, is it worth to use Network Cable Connection ?

Normally wired connections are the better option cause they are faster and more stable. If you are happy with your connection speed and stability from your WiFi I wouldn´t change anything.
  5. AsTrOnAuTHC Win User

Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps

Internet speed is affected depending on how many devices are connected on that network at the same time, the 10 megabytes of your connection are distributed to all devices, and connections become slower. It is recommended to use a wire to connect the console,
    since it is faster than WiFi. Also sometimes game downloads are faster other times slower although the console is connected by wire.
  6. Jeremy2085 Win User

Xbox live issue

It may be because you have a slow internet download and/or upload speed, as you will need a faster connection too view videos on youtube for example online.
Thema:

Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

1. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster - Similar Threads - Upload speed wired

2. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  3. Series X Upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Upload speeds: Hi all, I've got an issue with my Series X. I got 1TB business plan on Starlink & my download speed is awesome but my upload speed is disgusting lol. All my other devices in the house are getting...
  4. Upload Speed unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload Speed unavailable: I've been trying to get my Xbox 1 hardwired to my internet but despite being connected, my xbox has trouble loading online games and playing apps like hulu. Download speed: 376 mbps Upload...
  5. Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.: I know this gets said alot but, Why do Microsoft cap the speeds.. how can 2 different speedtest on the same device. Have 2 very different results for the uploads. I was adviced to get an ethernet...
  6. xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.: I recently came across an issue where xbox series x constantly limits the upload speeds to 67 mbps. My download is around 1000-1150 mbps for fiber optic. My xbox and a wireless router are the only...
  7. Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...: I have a xbox X series (ethernet) and two xbox ones (wireless) on the same network with 1gb download and 20+mb upload speed with my isp. Randomly my x series drops to less than 1mb of upload...
  8. Xbox series X statistics test results the Upload speed test is NOT AVAILABLE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X statistics test results the Upload speed test is NOT AVAILABLE: Has this problem ever been reported before the "December 2022 update? I bought my Xbox series X in June 2022 and it was working flawlessly up until the Xbox update in Dec. 2022. That is when...
  9. upload speed ALWAYS below 5mbps on console, but over 200mbps with the same wire on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    upload speed ALWAYS below 5mbps on console, but over 200mbps with the same wire on pc: hi there, the upload speed on my console has never been above 5mbps when i run the detailed statistics or do speed checks on Edge console edition. i'm using a wired connection. but if i use the...
  10. XBOX One horrible upload speed, packet loss and i'm on a WIRE.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One horrible upload speed, packet loss and i'm on a WIRE.: OK i'm not here to ask for the same obvious tech support tips that everyone's mother already knows so only remark if you know what your talking about. System is the xbox one original (with a...