Upload speed issues only on consoles.

Discus and support Upload speed issues only on consoles. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So - I have the series x, x1 and ps5. On all 3 my uploads are 1-3 out of the 20meg I get on non console devices. (Phones, PC etc) I've tried a direct... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DannyChapman1, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Upload speed issues only on consoles.

So - I have the series x, x1 and ps5. On all 3 my uploads are 1-3 out of the 20meg I get on non console devices. (Phones, PC etc) I've tried a direct connection from modem to series X, same results. Download speeds are fine.

Odd. Anyone else? A direct connection seems to me points to some type of ISP issue where ONLY consoles are being effected or maybe a modem issue?

Anyone else?

:)

DannyChapman1, Apr 27, 2022
  2. DannyChapman1 Win User

It's a small town company www.tvscable.com. Pretty stable service - occasional issues that get resolved within a week. However, these more complicated issues are either above their abilities to resolve or they ignore because they are the very cause of it and it's intentional..

My ping is typically very stable and low - it's just this very peculiar issue of slow uploads on all gaming consoles. Doesn't effect my gaming that I can tell, but still it's not working as it's suppose to..
  3. Hunter Strahan Win User

If you have xfinity which I’m assuming you do, neither company will fix it or listen to what you’re saying. I’ve looked at a ton of forums and they all have mentioned xfinity yet neither company will recognize the problems. I’ve been trying to play cod but my ping shot up to 60-80 one night and it’s been nearly unplayable.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

My friend, it doesn't matter if it's a modem or a router.

Every internet connection uses a port to connect.

There's no way you can do anything without using a port on the internet to send and receive packages. Your browser uses it, your console uses it, every software uses a port to send and receive connection packages.

But try to call your ISP and let me know what they say.
  5. DannyChapman1 Win User

Then changing my ports on the router which isn't connected (Wired to xbox SX directly from modem) won't fix the problem as it's not using a router during testing and I'm still getting 1-3MBPS uploads.

I can't change ports on the modem itself if as there is no option for that. I will have to call my ISP and ask them if they are throttling gaming consoles/ controlling necessary ports I guess.

Tweaking the router won't help. It's not even connected. Right?

Thanks
  6. DannyChapman1 Win User

There are no ports on my modem that I can open. I just logged into it - now, on the router of course (Which is separate form my modem - not a combo unit) there are ports.

However, if I make a direct connection and bypass router and still have the same issue how would changing ports on the router matter?

Thanks man
Thema:

1. Upload speed issues only on consoles. - Similar Threads - Upload speed issues

2. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  3. Series X Upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Upload speeds: Hi all, I've got an issue with my Series X. I got 1TB business plan on Starlink & my download speed is awesome but my upload speed is disgusting lol. All my other devices in the house are getting...
  4. Upload Speed unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload Speed unavailable: I've been trying to get my Xbox 1 hardwired to my internet but despite being connected, my xbox has trouble loading online games and playing apps like hulu. Download speed: 376 mbps Upload...
  5. Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.: I know this gets said alot but, Why do Microsoft cap the speeds.. how can 2 different speedtest on the same device. Have 2 very different results for the uploads. I was adviced to get an ethernet...
  6. xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.: I recently came across an issue where xbox series x constantly limits the upload speeds to 67 mbps. My download is around 1000-1150 mbps for fiber optic. My xbox and a wireless router are the only...
  7. Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...: I have a xbox X series (ethernet) and two xbox ones (wireless) on the same network with 1gb download and 20+mb upload speed with my isp. Randomly my x series drops to less than 1mb of upload...
  8. Xbox series X statistics test results the Upload speed test is NOT AVAILABLE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X statistics test results the Upload speed test is NOT AVAILABLE: Has this problem ever been reported before the "December 2022 update? I bought my Xbox series X in June 2022 and it was working flawlessly up until the Xbox update in Dec. 2022. That is when...
  9. Detailed network statistics test reports the Upload speed=Not Available and the MTU=Not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed network statistics test reports the Upload speed=Not Available and the MTU=Not...: This problem started on or about the first week of December 2022 following a Xbox series X update download that appears to have been mandatory. My Xbox series X started locking up while playing...
  10. Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping: Hi all, I have a Xbox Series X and having issues with remote play due to the following network connection status Download: 1015.9 Mbps Upload: 7.68 Mbps (can't get it over 8) Pocket loss: 0%...