Upgraded to a Xbox Series S and now getting a LOT of lag in multiplayer games

Discus and support Upgraded to a Xbox Series S and now getting a LOT of lag in multiplayer games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just upgraded from an OG Xbox One to a Xbox Series S and am noticing a LOT of lag in multiplayer games that wasn't (and still isn't) present on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by smnhlb, Nov 12, 2020.

1. smnhlb
    smnhlb Guest

I've just upgraded from an OG Xbox One to a Xbox Series S and am noticing a LOT of lag in multiplayer games that wasn't (and still isn't) present on my Xbox One.

I've hooked the Xbox One back up to compare and, using Overwatch as an example, my latency on the One is around 40-60ms but I can then switch immediately to the Series S and the latency is around 400-500ms.

This is happening also on Apex Legends and Fortnite.

Both consoles are on a wireless connection to the same router, from the same room.

Both consoles give the same Network Statistics in the Settings app (around 40Mbps down, 7Mbps up, Packet Loss 0%, Latency 26ms).

Things I've tried:

Opening ports on my router for the Series S.

Power cycling the Series S.

Resetting the Series S.

Any ideas? Could it be a faulty hardware issue with the S?

:)

smnhlb, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Call Of Duty Cold War Cross Gen Edition vs Smart Delivery

All Xbox One games can be played on the Series S/X via backwards compatibility. Kind of like how you can play 360 games on the One now. You would be playing the One version of the games.

With Cross Gen Editions/Smart Delivery, you're buying the One version and get an upgrade to the Series S/X version of the game when you get the new console instead of having to buy the Series S/X version and you an take advantage of some of the upgraded
    features.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

Dying Light 2 is a big game and highly anticipated. Series S owners are paying a next-gen price for the game and will wonder why they're only getting a last gen 30 fps performance.
    Remember, you're not stuck with the Series S version. When availability gets better you can always exchange your S for an X. When you upgrade, you'll get access to all the Series X features for this and other games.

I upgraded my Series S for an X.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cannot play any games with an X|S symbol.

To be clear, did you buy a One S or a Series S? Does it have a disc drive?

You shouldn’t get any upgrade prompts on a One S, X/S games will not run on a One S, if you upgraded the game to the X/S version, so if you have One S, you should decline upgrades
  5. Rostom L Win User

Recent screenshot captures are saying , the game title for Xbox one, even though the game and console are series x ?

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

I believe that you installed the game as Xbox One version. That's why it's giving you that label. Check this link https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-call...

If you want to upgrade to Xbox Series X/S version of the game, get the upgrade here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-call...
    After purchasing the upgrade, search in the Xbox store for The Callisto Protocol:tm: for Xbox Series X|S to install the Xbox Series X|S version of the game.
  6. Lofty Who Win User

Yeah for BF4!!

Thema:

1. Upgraded to a Xbox Series S and now getting a LOT of lag in multiplayer games - Similar Threads - Upgraded Series getting

2. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  3. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  4. Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?: Hello Xbox friends, I'm about to buy a used Xbox controller but are these original Xbox Series Controllers to use on a PC (mostly to finish Shenmue 1, 2 & 3, the father of open world games and...
  5. Monitor upgrade for series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor upgrade for series x: So I want to upgrade from playing on my TV to a monitor I was told xbox series x supports 120hz at 4k so which monitor should I buy to make sure I get the right one...
  6. If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...: If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the graphics quality for those games be upgraded to the x? 8809f9f0-652e-406e-86a4-8d79b353ef26
  7. Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?

in XboX Insiders
    Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?: So I just assumed that all of my installed disc games would be re downloadable through the “Owned Games” section like a dumbass without looking into this in advance. Just to confirm, if I owned...
  8. I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...: As an exmple gta 5 i bought the xbox one version will it become a series x or no 438cfa51-fa83-48da-bbc6-09117fce1d78
  9. Game sharing after upgrading to series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing after upgrading to series x?: Hello, me and my brother gameshared previously but i recently upgraded from an xbox one to a series x, prior to this i was the one with xbox gamepass and would purchase all the games and he was...
  10. Will it be possible to upgrade from mw2 vault edition to mw3 vault edition on xbox series s ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will it be possible to upgrade from mw2 vault edition to mw3 vault edition on xbox series s ?: I own mw2 vault edition, and I was wandering will it be possible to upgrade to mw3, as it gives me the option to upgrade or will I have to purchase the whole new game ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox s multiplayer games