Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

Discus and support Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys! How to upgrade xbox controller firmware if playing games only through Game Pass on TV (Samsung)? I don't have MS Windows or Xbox console,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by binarysta, Mar 28, 2023.

  1. binarysta
    binarysta Guest

    Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console


    Hi guys!

    How to upgrade xbox controller firmware if playing games only through Game Pass on TV (Samsung)?

    I don't have MS Windows or Xbox console, is it possible with USB through browser or offline on Linux?

    Thanks.

    :)
     
    binarysta, Mar 28, 2023
    #1
  2. Braderz8 Win User

    Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

    I feel your pain, it's a bad joke isn't it! I'm in the same place but with a brand new Xbox controller that doesn't connect to my gaming Chromebook and only half works with the Samsung TV Xbox App. The Samsung TV/Xbox thing, is a half hearted affair at best! I'm now looking at having to buy a refurbished £250 Xbox Series S, just so I can update my controller. AND, so I can use my new wireless headset to chat to other players while gaming on Xbox Ultimate!

    I think the only option is to moan to customer services, for what good it will do anyone....
  3. Andrew Rodenbach Win User

    Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

    No, the only way is to connect the controller to an Xbox console or Windows 10/11 PC with the Xbox Accessories app installed.
    That doesn't make any sense. Like Ronie, I saw the Xbox advertisement on my Samsung TV to Download the Xbox app and play games via TV, without an Xbox. Via the app itself it gives you compatible controlers to buy in order to play games on your TV. One of those was the Elite 2 controller, which I bought.

    Why would they suggest this app in partnership with Samsung TV's, suggest a controller to play games via the app, and then give you no way to connect the controllers with systems they know you have, all because they aren't updated?

    Sounds like a MASSIVE oversight. You know how many marketing dollars were spent by Microsoft and Samsung to pull that all off, just to have this issue. I have seen a similar issue on Apple TV devices. Sounds like someone at Microsoft didn't measure twice, in a BIG WAY!
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

    No, the only way is to connect the controller to an Xbox console or Windows 10/11 PC with the Xbox Accessories app installed.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

    Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help on updating your controller.

    Just a heads up that those are the only devices that you can use to update the controller. It is either the Xbox console or a PC because you would need to have the accessories app to do that and updates only run through those devices.

    You can also do that on a Windows laptop.

    Guide for updating your controller:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

    How to reset controller without console

    Hello KennyZupo,

    Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to reset your controller without a console. You can update your controller's firmware on a Windows 10 PC, to do so, please visit this page:

    Update your Xbox Wireless Controller
    .

    I hope this helps.
Thema:

Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

Loading...
  1. Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console - Similar Threads - Upgrade controller firmware

  2. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  3. Xbox one Insider ring upgrade fast track

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one Insider ring upgrade fast track: Hello, Is there any way I can upgrade my insider program past omega? We purchased a disk thinking we could claim digital license but we didn't realize it was behind the insider program. It would...
  4. Physical to Digital Upgrade for GTA V?

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical to Digital Upgrade for GTA V?: A few months back Rockstar Games put for free the Enhanced Edition upgrade for everyone who had the game (either physical or digital) with the exception of the physical owners of the Xbox One...
  5. If i upgrade to delta will I get Disc to Digital immediately?

    in XboX Insiders
    If i upgrade to delta will I get Disc to Digital immediately?: Ok so technically i've been an insider for about 4 years but i just enrolled in Omega like last week and I still haven't gotten the update. I understand they're not rolling them out to everyone,...
  6. Question about disc to digital for GTA V upgrade

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about disc to digital for GTA V upgrade: As you know Rockstars is giving free upgrade for digital owners of the GTA V Xbox one version to Series X version, however, the disc owners are left behind. With the new disc to digital feature,...
  7. Xbox Time to Upgrade Planned All Along?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Time to Upgrade Planned All Along?: I have a question about Xbox Microsoft. How can we stop them from forcing us through planned obsolescence to buy the next system? submitted by /u/MrMitchyMadness [link] [comments]
  8. Rdr1 free upgrade on xbox? It doesnt show it

    in XboX Insiders
    Rdr1 free upgrade on xbox? It doesnt show it: I own the backwards compatibility version of red dead redemption one and im sure you all know rockstar just released the enhanced version of the game but when i go to the xbox store it shows the...
  9. Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?: Hello Xbox friends, I'm about to buy a used Xbox controller but are these original Xbox Series Controllers to use on a PC (mostly to finish Shenmue 1, 2 & 3, the father of open world games and...
  10. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

    in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade: Hi, yesterday I upgraded my rig (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and my XBOX wireless adapter doesn't work. When I boot the PC there is a green light on the adapter which turns off as soon as the...