Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console

Discus and support Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys! How to upgrade xbox controller firmware if playing games only through Game Pass on TV (Samsung)? I don't have MS Windows or Xbox console,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by binarysta, Mar 28, 2023.

1. binarysta
    binarysta Guest

Hi guys!

How to upgrade xbox controller firmware if playing games only through Game Pass on TV (Samsung)?

I don't have MS Windows or Xbox console, is it possible with USB through browser or offline on Linux?

Thanks.

:)

binarysta, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Braderz8 Win User

I feel your pain, it's a bad joke isn't it! I'm in the same place but with a brand new Xbox controller that doesn't connect to my gaming Chromebook and only half works with the Samsung TV Xbox App. The Samsung TV/Xbox thing, is a half hearted affair at best! I'm now looking at having to buy a refurbished £250 Xbox Series S, just so I can update my controller. AND, so I can use my new wireless headset to chat to other players while gaming on Xbox Ultimate!

I think the only option is to moan to customer services, for what good it will do anyone....
  3. Andrew Rodenbach Win User

No, the only way is to connect the controller to an Xbox console or Windows 10/11 PC with the Xbox Accessories app installed.
    That doesn't make any sense. Like Ronie, I saw the Xbox advertisement on my Samsung TV to Download the Xbox app and play games via TV, without an Xbox. Via the app itself it gives you compatible controlers to buy in order to play games on your TV. One of those was the Elite 2 controller, which I bought.

Why would they suggest this app in partnership with Samsung TV's, suggest a controller to play games via the app, and then give you no way to connect the controllers with systems they know you have, all because they aren't updated?

Sounds like a MASSIVE oversight. You know how many marketing dollars were spent by Microsoft and Samsung to pull that all off, just to have this issue. I have seen a similar issue on Apple TV devices. Sounds like someone at Microsoft didn't measure twice, in a BIG WAY!
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

No, the only way is to connect the controller to an Xbox console or Windows 10/11 PC with the Xbox Accessories app installed.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on updating your controller.

Just a heads up that those are the only devices that you can use to update the controller. It is either the Xbox console or a PC because you would need to have the accessories app to do that and updates only run through those devices.

You can also do that on a Windows laptop.

Guide for updating your controller:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

How to reset controller without console

Hello KennyZupo,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to reset your controller without a console. You can update your controller's firmware on a Windows 10 PC, to do so, please visit this page:

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Upgrade xbox controller firmware without Windows PC or Xbox console - Similar Threads - Upgrade controller firmware

2. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  3. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  4. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  5. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  6. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  7. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  8. How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?: How do I upgrade my Xbox from the IPv4 to the recommend IPv6? 1519e489-a9a8-4f83-9b61-3b0e14068cbc
  9. Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?: Hello Xbox friends, I'm about to buy a used Xbox controller but are these original Xbox Series Controllers to use on a PC (mostly to finish Shenmue 1, 2 & 3, the father of open world games and...
  10. XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 controller adapter won't work after motherboard upgrade: Hi, yesterday I upgraded my rig (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and my XBOX wireless adapter doesn't work. When I boot the PC there is a green light on the adapter which turns off as soon as the...