Updating games and home button problems

Discus and support Updating games and home button problems in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I click my home button on the home screen it just dims the screen and doesn’t give me the options when I usually click it. Also I am trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by x OWW x, Jan 24, 2018.

  1. x OWW x
    x OWW x Guest

    Updating games and home button problems


    When I click my home button on the home screen it just dims the screen and doesn’t give me the options when I usually click it. Also I am trying to update a game and it stays on 0% and I can’t uninstall either

    :)
     
    x OWW x, Jan 24, 2018
    #1
  2. DaRealm4D
    DaRealm4D Guest
    will xbox live have issues like the ps network

    Midnight release and will be updating as soon as I get home. Have never had any issues with any updates through LIVE AND seriously doubt we will have any problems but will not rule it out.
     
    DaRealm4D, Jan 24, 2018
    #2
  3. BRETTT XO
    BRETTT XO Guest
    Something went wrong

    Getting a lot of "Something went wrong" notifications recently when I'm pressing the home button and nothing happens. I've been stuck on games because the home screen refused to load. Game clips also seem to still have problems getting stuck loading.
     
    BRETTT XO, Jan 24, 2018
    #3
  4. DominumStige
    DominumStige Guest

    Updating games and home button problems

    Hi!

    Try clearing the cache from the console by holding down the power button for 10 secs and try again.
     
    DominumStige, Jan 24, 2018
    #4
  5. DominumStige Win User

    Updating games and home button problems

    Hi!

    Try clearing the cache from the console by holding down the power button for 10 secs and try again.
  6. AJables Win User

    Questions about updates to games, help.

    It does sound like an error where your xbox is downloading the whole game with the additional update. I wouldn't worry to much about this because the original game gets updated.

    Yes it does take a little longer to update the games but it should be fixed soon.

    If the problem persists, hold the menu button (left of the xbox home button) and log the issue directly with xbox.
  7. ghettoditto Win User

    Controller connected wireless, buttons do not work

    i am also having this problem except even the home button will not work, but wired it works 100%. The problem started after the Feb controller update
  8. Chris Gelon Win User

    APPS AND GAMES WON'T OPEN!!!

    Instead of doing a hard reset, go to the home screen, highlight the app/game, click the view button (the new start button), quit the game/app, and then restart it. This solves the problem most of the time without having to do a hard reset.

    The problem will hopefully be resolved in future updates, but for now, the select, view, quit method is several times quicker than a hard reset.
  9. ARSMETAL Win User

    screen black out

    I'm having the same problem since the Feb update. It happens randomly when using the guide button to go home from playing any game. The only fix I know of is to reboot the system but it will eventually happen again. Microsoft please fix this in the March
    update.
Thema:

Updating games and home button problems

Loading...
  1. Updating games and home button problems - Similar Threads - Updating games home

  2. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  3. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  4. Beta preview Downloading games/updating

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta preview Downloading games/updating: I’m on the beta preview I was wondering/curious before I report anything. Is anybody else having issues that started about a month ago, when downloading or updating games, it will be downloading...
  5. Voice and Game Capture Preview Update

    in XboX Insiders
    Voice and Game Capture Preview Update: Has anyone received the preview update that will allow us to capture party and game chat in captures on the Xbox? This is one update I have been asking and waiting for for years. I was under the...
  6. Anyone else's Xbox overheating when gaming since new August 6 beta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else's Xbox overheating when gaming since new August 6 beta insider update?: I am curious to see if anyone else is experiencing the overheating problem that I have been. I already reported the bug, but some background I just had my xbox cleaned and re-thermal pasted a...
  7. 360 games (hub games update) will be available to Xbox One family?

    in XboX Insiders
    360 games (hub games update) will be available to Xbox One family?: And I wonder if there's updates for Xbox One family as well on the next weeks submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  8. Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?: It has been stuck without updates since July 1st. When will it arrive? submitted by /u/LordKobeeruZ [link] [comments]
  9. My xbox got an update and now my xbox isnt showing my recent games on my home screen or...

    in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox got an update and now my xbox isnt showing my recent games on my home screen or...: My xbox isnt showing my recentw and ive tries all the things it said might help online but it didnt fix it 1ba4d683-9b1c-4125-8a2b-029450987ee3
  10. My home page updated and I can’t add the store, game pass store to the Home Screen and pick...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My home page updated and I can’t add the store, game pass store to the Home Screen and pick...: When I try to add it to the Home Screen it says I have to delete something because it’s full. I only have one tab at the top. All my other tabs were removed when the change to my Home Screen...