updating a game while its downloading

Discus and support updating a game while its downloading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; im currently downloading the quarry and they said that the game is ready to start i clicked on it and they told that the games needs to update i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ahmad Hadba, Jun 7, 2023.

1. ahmad Hadba
    ahmad Hadba Guest

im currently downloading the quarry and they said that the game is ready to start i clicked on it and they told that the games needs to update i clicked update and the size of the game has changed is that okay Did I have to wait for the download to finish?

:)

ahmad Hadba, Jun 7, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

You're welcome. I appreciate your time contacting us about the issue. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
  3. ahmad Hadba Win User

Hi, Ahmad. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

I would highly recommend waiting until the update for the game is done before you try to play it. It is definitely fine, the space of the update is also added that's why the size of the game has changed.
    ok thank you ❤
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Ahmad. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

I would highly recommend waiting until the update for the game is done before you try to play it. It is definitely fine, the space of the update is also added that's why the size of the game has changed.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Background downloads

If you have your console set to Instant On, the game will continue to download while the console is in its low power state. Your console will also download game updates while in the this state too.
  6. VASHTA NER4DA Win User

Ascend: Hand of Kul

Its been a while since I played this game but If I remember correctly, Once it changed from closed beta to open to everyone There was an update. It was a rather large update something like 4gb. So on top of the content already installed to my hdd I downloaded
    the update and it took a while my download speed isnt super fast but its not slow either. Have you tried to just let it do its thing and complete the download? Did you cancel the first download? Do you see any progress while the game is updating? We need a
    bit more info before we can best help you.
Thema:

1. updating a game while its downloading - Similar Threads - updating game while

2. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  5. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  6. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  7. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  8. Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.: I installed the recent Windows Update. I now notice that whichever game I play is crashing after some time. My drivers are up to date, nothing is corrupted. What should I do next? Specs 3050 i5...
  9. Gaming Service Updated While Game Being Played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Service Updated While Game Being Played: I was playing Stranded Deep on Windows 10 PC Game Pass. Windows unceremoniously closed my game and displayed a message that it had just updated the Gaming Service. Is it normal that Windows would...
  10. Why after a update while trying to login call of duty the game get stuck at looking for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after a update while trying to login call of duty the game get stuck at looking for...: Almost always after a call of duty update while trying to login the game gets stuck at check for updates? 0c40f1aa-80bf-40bf-8abb-a632e5440c25