Updating a disc game

Discus and support Updating a disc game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It says I need an update on my disc game but it doesn’t allow me to update i aae05549-0ade-4618-a5ab-5b6d738bd5f6 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElliotDunlop, Nov 30, 2021.

  1. ElliotDunlop
    ElliotDunlop Guest

    Updating a disc game


    It says I need an update on my disc game but it doesn’t allow me to update i

    :)
     
    ElliotDunlop, Nov 30, 2021
    #1
  2. GrowlingYapper Win User

    Updates for games stop at 99%

    If installing updates for a disc game you will need to insert the disc for it to finish the update.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

    XBOX 360 Slim - "Can't read update from disk. Please reinsert the disk to continue update." at boot

    Hi, it looks like the console was updating from a game disc and the disc was removed before the update completed. Can you remember which disc was last in the console? If not then start with the latest game you purchased, maybe GTA 5? Pop the disc into the
    disc drive and the console should complete the update.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

    Stuck trying to update, always fails giving error code - can't get out of this loop

    When updating from a game disc you will need to complete the update using the same game disc so that may be worth trying. Boot the xbox up with the game disc in the drive.
  5. ShrewdVulcan Win User

    Xbox will not finish update on any games

    Games purchased digitally will automatically download and install the updates.

    But games you purchased retail (i.e. disc-based) will require you putting the disc in the drive in order to finish the installation of the update.

    PS4 updates both digital and disc media games regardless. I wish Xbox One would do this.

    I find it utterly annoying to have to feed disc after disc into the X1 just to finish the installation of the update.
  6. denis97g Win User

    Perfect Circle Scratch

    was it a system update or an overwatch update? if it was a system update the disc has nothing to do with it; if it was a game update the disc might be damaged and you may need to replace it.
Thema:

Updating a disc game

Loading...
  1. Updating a disc game - Similar Threads - Updating disc game

  2. Disc to digital issue no update available

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital issue no update available: i have two xbox one consoles and original xbox one and an xbox one s both enrolled in the insiders program both on OS (xb_fit_2608ge.260805-2200) with no available updates i have been waiting and...
  3. Disc to digital Insider testing updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Insider testing updates: Hey XBOX Insiders! We'd like to use this post as a central place to share fixes and changes to be aware of while testing disc to digital feature functionality. We'll edit this in-place (with...
  4. Disc to Digital update unavailable

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital update unavailable: I’ve joined omega a month ago, I still havent gotten access to the update yet, is there something i have to make sure i enable or check? and is anyone else still waiting? submitted by...
  5. Is The Disc To Digital Update Rolling Out Tomorrow For Delta?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is The Disc To Digital Update Rolling Out Tomorrow For Delta?: Im in both delta and omega and when I go into the manage enrolments for update preview inside the XBOX insider app for delta it says “update incoming” and the date shows tomorrow But then for...
  6. Disc to digital update isn't showing up. Any fixes?

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital update isn't showing up. Any fixes?: The title says it all. I downloaded the Insider Program and joined, but still no update preview is popping up. Not sure if I did something wrong. submitted by /u/chaliced10 [link] [comments]
  7. After updating my xbox my disc tray won't read disc even brand new games xbox a joke anymore

    in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating my xbox my disc tray won't read disc even brand new games xbox a joke anymore: Xbox makes you update your console even when i dont want to Xbox worked forever then.When the xbox series x comes out Updates every couple days Now my xbox one Won't readisk even brand new ones I...
  8. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

    in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  9. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  10. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb