UPDATES

Discus and support UPDATES in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think two HUGE updates should be to make the system backwards compatible and make it be able to read external hard drives so i can watch movies on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThisIsRED5, Jan 6, 2014.

1. ThisIsRED5
    ThisIsRED5 Guest

UPDATES

I think two HUGE updates should be to make the system backwards compatible and make it be able to read external hard drives so i can watch movies on it. The 360 did this near flawlessly.

:)

ThisIsRED5, Jan 6, 2014
  2. BISHI
    BISHI Guest
    Update.!

So what has changed..?

BISHI, Jan 6, 2014
  3. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    Update.!

version number? UPDATES ;)

the "official" list is

This update addresses the following:

• Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
    • Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
    • Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
    • Addresses dashboard performance for some users
    • Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
    • Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
    Xbox One System Update | Xbox One System - Xbox.com

turk3y, Jan 6, 2014
  4. UPDATES

External hard drives are planned to be added in an update at a later date if I recall correctly. As for backwards compatibility I don't know but either way it's not a very big deal for me. I also read in some article about a study that was taken on how often
    people play games from the previous generation and the number was too small to really be worth making the console backwards compatible. Right now it might seem like a big deal since there aren't very many games for the new generation of console gaming but
    in say like 3 or 4 years, how many people are really going to be going back to play games like, for example, far cry 3. And if people really wanted to do that it wouldn't be a very big deal to pick up a last gen console. You can get an original refurbished
    xbox from gamestop for $50 which is less than the cost for a current gen game and the 360 price will probably greatly drop over the next few years.

NathanielLarson, Jan 6, 2014
  5. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    UGH!!!!!! EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM KNOWS AND WANTS THIS! IT DOES NOT WARRANT A NEW THREAD EVERY 5 MINUTES.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 6, 2014
  6. JoshGordash
    JoshGordash Guest
    I think you have very little idea as to how electronics work if you think a couple updates will make this backwards compatible they are Devs with key boards and set hardware not friggen magical beings with wands to make your wishes come true. The external
    HDD support was announced months ago, shouldn't be long now.

JoshGordash, Jan 7, 2014
  7. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest
    Well, the 360 got those emulating profile-things that they used to make many original Xbox games work with the 360. It would probably be the same thing now, I don't really expect it to come nor really even care (and I sure hope they prioritize the manpower
    on more important things now).

Coreldan, Jan 7, 2014
  8. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

UPDATES

[quote user="ThisIsRED5"]

I think two HUGE updates should be to make the system backwards compatible and make it be able to read external hard drives so i can watch movies on it. The 360 did this near flawlessly.

[/quote]

1: The external hard drive update is coming, we dont know when, but it is coming.

-

2: Backwards compatibility is not something that is possible on the current archictecture without emulation, and getting games to run on emulators is alot of work. The only people that will code the emulators is Microsoft themselves, and I think they have
    more important things to do. Plus they dont really work as people expect, look at the 360's emualtion of the original Xbox, some of the games worked perfectly, but alot of them had sounds problems etc.

-

The only other way to get backwards compatability is through streaming, but that also brings problems, how fast you internet is, how far away the servers are etc.

-

Microsoft are apparantley working on a game streaming service, but I wouldnt count on anything before 2015, they kind of have their hands full getting the Xbox One up too scratch.

Shaggy2000, Oct 31, 2018
  9. CoastKey Win User

Update update update update

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though
    Yes, preview is the problem, but if you want to quit preview, you have to wipe your Xbox and if you have some hundred gigs thats a pain. Microsoft should first give explicit info that if you join preview you get updates all the time and also inform that
    you will lose everything on your box if you quit preview. The option to just stop preview without wiping should ofcourse be a part of this deal but thats to much service I guess......

Kids was gonna watch their favoritetvshow now, but they cant cause its the daily halfanhour stupid update..... What where you thinking on this one Ms? Can it be more annoying?
  10. XFM WING1 Win User

Update update update update

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though
  11. DavidPersico Win User

updates updates updates.......

new question guys.....sry for the long pause.....XBOX ONE PAPER WEIGHT FOR SALE.....CHEEEEP!!!!!!! ok since my 3 games from 2000 the ones that havent crashed since i first turned on the xbox.....the really secure ones.....ok the question is how to delete
    the updates/....which have taken up my ava hdd space on my xbox????and can this be done w/o deleting any of the game info? thanks.
  12. [Farscape] Win User

the updates dont really take any space, they replace files, as for the hdd space being used, after format and system reserved space is taken into account you have approx 340gb of space available for game storage.

If you have say call of duty ww2 installed thats approx 80gb or more then halo 5 thats over 100gb in size.

games these days take a huge amount of space, nothing you do will give you more free space without deleting existing games.

what games do you have installed.
  13. Gary C 86 Win User

Hi David,

The updates are actully important. Sometimes they will be bug fixes to stop crashes and other problems, Sometimes they will be security updates and some will add new features to make your gaming experience better.

I understand the frustration at turning on the xbox for a quick gaming session and been faced with an update instead, ive done this before also. But they are for the best otherwise you could be here reporting you cant play on your xbox because of constant
    crashes instead.

As for filling your storage i would recommend buying a external storage. Unfortunately there isnt a single storage device big enough to fit the vast games xbox has available so the only option is to remove games or invest in a external storage device.

I hope this answered your question david.
Thema:

UPDATES

1. UPDATES - Similar Threads - UPDATES

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  8. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  9. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  10. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...