Updates stalling through router

Discus and support Updates stalling through router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had several XBox's be unable to fully update. As a troubleshooting method I bypassed the router (ASUS RT-AC68U) and connected the XBox direct to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JimRice3, Feb 9, 2022.

  1. JimRice3
    JimRice3 Guest

    Updates stalling through router


    I have had several XBox's be unable to fully update. As a troubleshooting method I bypassed the router (ASUS RT-AC68U) and connected the XBox direct to my modem and the updates started right up. So It's clear the issue is somewhere in the router but I have no idea where to start looking. Overall general internet connectivity works fine through the route on all other devices and even on the XBox it just gets hung up on updates. This occurs on game, system and app updates)

    :)
     
    JimRice3, Feb 9, 2022
    #1
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Updates stalling through router

    That would probably need to be asked directly trough the manufacturer of the device, but I believe opening those ports should solve the situation
  3. JimRice3 Win User

    Updates stalling through router

    Mine does have a media bridge mode but says that it requires a second router to act as the router while the first acts as the media bridge that provides the wifi. Trying to determine if there is a way to not buy more hardware.
  4. JimRice3 Win User

    Updates stalling through router

    I'll try the ports and see if that helps. Lack of experience question here - do I set the same values and protocols for incoming and outgoing ports? I also assume I would use port forwarding instead of port triggering?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Updates stalling through router

    As I mentioned, opening those ports, that's 2 different suggestions, one it's the bridge mode and usually all routers have this option
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Updates stalling through router

    Hi JimRice3! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

    Have you tried to set the router as bridge so it uses the same settings as your modem instead of having to set it up separately?

    You can also check for the ports that the Xbox system require

    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP y TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP y TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)
Thema:

Updates stalling through router

Loading...
  1. Updates stalling through router - Similar Threads - Updates stalling through

  2. October 9, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.261007-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 9, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.261007-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 9, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  3. October 9, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261007-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 9, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261007-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 9, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261007-2200) Feel...
  4. October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.261005-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.261005-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.261005-2200) Feel free...
  5. October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2610.261005-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2610.261005-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2610.261005-2200) Feel...
  6. October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.261005-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.261005-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 8, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.261005-2200) Feel...
  7. How long until i get omega preview updates

    in XboX Insiders
    How long until i get omega preview updates: Ive been enrolled in the program since the alpha skip ahead got access to disc to digital and I am still not getting preview updates for omega such as the mythic achivement update released...
  8. Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X stuck on E106 after Insider OS update – OSU1 doesn’t work: Hi everyone, I need some help with my Xbox One X. My console was previously enrolled in the Xbox Insider/Preview program. I formatted the original internal HDD, and now the console is stuck in the...
  9. October 7, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261005-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 7, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261005-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 7, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261005-2200) Feel...
  10. MSFS 2020 Mandatory Update stalls and will not complete.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Mandatory Update stalls and will not complete.: I removed all peripherals, renamed my "Community" file, rebooted several times. How can I make this update go to completion? Sim is not working at all. eae76e0a-eefc-4e86-b9f1-f40b3f744954