Updates shouldn't happen mid game

Discus and support Updates shouldn't happen mid game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I know the updates need to happen in order for us to test them. But the consoles should check for updates when you turn them on and download any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SLAMMERxJAMMER, May 7, 2020.

1. Updates shouldn't happen mid game

I know the updates need to happen in order for us to test them. But the consoles should check for updates when you turn them on and download any available updates then.

Not in the middle of games!!

As I just lost everything I was doing on a game, thanks to it deciding it must be updated right this second

submitted by /u/SLAMMERxJAMMER
    [link] [comments]

/u/SLAMMERxJAMMER, May 7, 2020
  2. WonderfulWest Win User

Dashboard Beta

Its what happens when you join a beta, your there to test it works though it is annoying receiving an update mid game
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Would really, really appreciate a warning that the console is about to update

I have never had that happen. Since I unplug mine after every use it informs me that an update is needed the next time I turn it on. Never happened mid game.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Updates When XboxOne is Off?

Hey Jabba -

That's odd for sure. What game were you trying to install/update all at once? Has this ever happened with other games? And did the game finally install/update fully? It's totally possible that turning your console off mid-update somehow stopped the update.
    If I had to guess, this is probably a one off kind of thing and it shouldn't happen again. If it does though, be sure to give us all the information I asked for earlier so we can see if there are trends happening. You can also try

factory resetting
    your console and see if that helps. (You can keep your games and apps when you do this, don't panic!)

Keep us posted! :)
  5. SwogMonglet Win User

Party issues if party members are in different games.

Not a great solution really having to power cycle for every problem the xbox has,

especially if I'm mid game, shouldn't have to keep doing this. When will this stuff get sorted?
  6. Wildy94 Win User

How to prevent save from being erased when playing online for the first time in a game?

It shouldn't erase your game data when you update the game online. It has never happened to me. All I can suggest is to try it
Thema:

Updates shouldn't happen mid game

1. Updates shouldn't happen mid game - Similar Threads - Updates shouldn't happen

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  4. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  5. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  8. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  9. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....