Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?

Discus and support Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Does anyone know if there has ever been a definitive solution/workaround for the Xbox One media player/VLC error 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)? Like... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thomus The Red, Aug 15, 2018.

  1. Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?


    Hello,

    Does anyone know if there has ever been a definitive solution/workaround for the Xbox One media player/VLC error 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)? Like numerous other posters on the Xbox Forums, I have been having issues with my 8TB external drive that I use for
    media files. It seems that any recent files put on the drive cannot play on the Xbox One, although they work perfectly on my PC. Just curious if anyone knows of a possible fix for this issue that has been around for over a year based on older forum posts.

    Thanks!

    :)
     
    Thomus The Red, Aug 15, 2018
    #1
  2. TG Scooter
    TG Scooter Guest
    Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

    Update: The actual error I get is,

    "Can't play. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit [...]

    0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)"
     
    TG Scooter, Aug 15, 2018
    #2
  3. media player error code 0xc00d11cd 0x80070001

    I have just noticed this too. This error is happening to files that the Xbox already played via the minidlna server, however, when transferred to external HD they will no longer play. My external drive is a WD 4gig. I am a little over 1/2 full with1.7
    gig available. All files getting this error on the Xbox all play perfectly on the laptop.

    If only Linux would create a game system!! Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error? ;)

    If anyone finds a solution, please let me know. Might try to see if the Xbox 360 will play them. hmmmmm.
     
    Michelle33221, Aug 15, 2018
    #3
  4. xUAx Shadow
    xUAx Shadow Guest

    Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?

    Hey Thomus The Red,

    Have you tried downloading something like the Kodi app? What is exactly the problem that your having? What type of media files are you trying to play?
     
    xUAx Shadow, Aug 15, 2018
    #4
  5. Hey xUAx Shadow,

    I have tried Kodi and a few other media apps as well. Whenever I try to open any media file, MP4, MKV, MP3, I get something along the lines of "media cannot be played" depending on the application I am using. All these files play just fine on my PC, it's
    only when the drive is hooked up to my Xbox One that they don't work. It's only recent files too, it's an 8TB drive and there is still about 6TB of space left. Hope the info helps, thanks for the reply!
     
    Thomus The Red, Aug 16, 2018
    #5
  6. Thomus The Red, Nov 2, 2018
    #6
  7. TG Scooter Win User

    Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

    Update: The actual error I get is,

    "Can't play. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit [...]

    0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)"
  8. Thomus The Red Win User

    Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?

    Here's a couple other unresolved threads with the same issue, they all have the same problem it seems:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/media-player-error-code-0xc00d11cd-0x80070001/d08002f0-d441-4702-8d5c-b6f4b9221fa8

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/mkv-m4v-files-wont-play-0xc00d11cd-0x80070001/4a844cc3-9fb0-41a7-a026-fdf5872730c3

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_console/cant-play-0xc00d11cd-0x80070001-error-large/391ab07b-4e40-469b-8953-3d3d1520a6a5

    Thanks!
  9. Thomus The Red Win User

    Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?

    Hey xUAx Shadow,

    I have tried Kodi and a few other media apps as well. Whenever I try to open any media file, MP4, MKV, MP3, I get something along the lines of "media cannot be played" depending on the application I am using. All these files play just fine on my PC, it's
    only when the drive is hooked up to my Xbox One that they don't work. It's only recent files too, it's an 8TB drive and there is still about 6TB of space left. Hope the info helps, thanks for the reply!
  10. xUAx Shadow Win User

    Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?

    Hey Thomus The Red,

    Have you tried downloading something like the Kodi app? What is exactly the problem that your having? What type of media files are you trying to play?
  11. XBF Brad A Win User

    0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error on Xbox one S

    Hello all,





    As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.





    Thanks,

    Brad
Thema:

Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error?

Loading...
  1. Updates on 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error? - Similar Threads - Updates 0xc00d11cd 0x80070001

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  4. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200) Feel...
  5. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  6. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260928-2200) Feel free...
  7. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830) Feel...
  8. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200) Feel...
  9. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  10. September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 30, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. error 0xc00d11cd xbox video

    ,
  2. xbox error 0xc00d11cd

    ,
  3. xbox one cant play 0xc00d11cd

    ,
  4. xbox video error 0x80070001,
  5. xbox one media player 0xc00d11cd 0x80070001,
  6. xbox error code 0xc00d11cd 0x80070001,
  7. 80070001 xbox one media player mp4