Updated to Windows 11 and Xbox Controller No Longer Connects (wired or bluetooth)

Discus and support Updated to Windows 11 and Xbox Controller No Longer Connects (wired or bluetooth) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 11 which proved to be a buggy mess. After spending a few days fixing my external monitor (which many have posted about on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sam London, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Sam London
    Sam London Guest

Updated to Windows 11 and Xbox Controller No Longer Connects (wired or bluetooth)

I recently updated to Windows 11 which proved to be a buggy mess. After spending a few days fixing my external monitor (which many have posted about on these forums), I realized that my Xbox controller no longer connects to the PC via bluetooth or USB. I've tried updating all drivers, the Xbox accessories app, updating BIOS, etc. It seems to me that Windows 11 was not at all ready for production because hundreds of people have liked questions on this forum about either broken external monitor support or controller support. It seems the only option remaining for me to try is to update the controllers firmware, which is impossible without connecting it to a computer.

Why on earth would Microsoft release Windows 11 if it's a buggy mess?

:)

Sam London, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Mr. McGritz Win User

Wired Controller not recognized by Xbox Cloud Gaming

I am using a PDP Wired Controller designed for Series X, Xbox Onez and Windows 10/11.

I have not tried cloud gaming with this controller on a different device as I would have no way to connect the controller and device (it is not Bluetooth enabled).
  3. WPAK Win User

XBox wireless controller on Windows 10 Pro won't bluetooth

Hi there,

Yes, that update is a requirement.

Please see this link for steps and that the update is required to connect a Xbox One controller to the Windows 10 PC.

It shows how to connect by wire, wireless adapter and via bluetooth.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

If also has a link with troubleshooting steps if connection fails.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...bleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

Side note: Not all Xbox One controllers support bluetooth, the first (older) models do not, see the second link on how to determine if you have a controller that supports it or not.

Let us know the results
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

xbox one controller

Is your windows 10 or 11?

Try deleting your controller in windows, and then connecting via bluetooth again.
  5. Dmytro Ivasjuk Win User

xbox wireless controller and adapter problem

Hi, Dericka! When I connect it using wired connection (special xbox wire for this controller) windows 11 recognizes it like just "controller". That`s it.
  6. luissolid Win User

i cant connect the xbox bluetooth controller to the pc (windows 10)

Hello welcome to the forum! You can try this:

Bluetooth

Xbox One Wireless Controllers may support connecting to your PC via Bluetooth. Your controller has this feature if it looks like the one on bottom in this illustration:

On Bluetooth-supported controllers, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the face of the controller. On controllers without Bluetooth, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the top, where the
    bumpers are.

Notes

• Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See Windows Update: FAQ to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
    • For best performance, update your controller. See How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10.
    • Bluetooth is supported on PCs, tablets, and laptops. It is not supported on mobile devices.
    • Bluetooth does not support any attachments, such as headsets, chatpads, or the Xbox Stereo Adapter.
    • We recommend connecting only one controller at a time using Bluetooth.
    Follow these steps to pair your controller to your PC using Bluetooth:

1. Make sure you have updated your PC to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See Windows Update: FAQ to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
    2. For best performance, update your controller. See How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10.
    3. Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.
    4. Press the controller Connect button for three seconds and release.
    5. On your PC, select Start, then Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    6. Turn on Bluetooth so your PC can discover Bluetooth devices.
      1. Select Xbox Wireless Controller > Pair.

For help with Bluetooth, see Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller.
Thema:

1. Updated to Windows 11 and Xbox Controller No Longer Connects (wired or bluetooth) - Similar Threads - Updated Windows Controller

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?: I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for updates through Windows Update and install...
  4. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  5. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  6. I can not download anything not even a windows update!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not download anything not even a windows update!?: See what's happening [img] 448a7bb3-707a-4045-b8c9-7a9908e50fd6
  7. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance: Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio...
  8. Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client: First message: Your Realm will soon be updated. You will need an update too. Check for game update now? Check Store -> I clicked Get updates and none exist for Minecraft for Windows (bedrock)...
  9. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  10. Xbox One "Robot White" Wireless Control versus Windows 10/11 - Can't Update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One "Robot White" Wireless Control versus Windows 10/11 - Can't Update?: • Tried Windows 10 on the latest version • Tried Windows 11 on the latest version • Tried multiple USB cords • Tried multiple USB ports • Tried multiple PCs • Tried uninstalling the USB...