Updated my Microsoft account email address, Lost Gamer Points

Discus and support Updated my Microsoft account email address, Lost Gamer Points in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Recently i had to change my Microsoft accounts email address to a new one. This new email address is still linked to the old email its just a new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Refusal, May 17, 2020.

1. Refusal
    Refusal Guest

Hi

Recently i had to change my Microsoft accounts email address to a new one. This new email address is still linked to the old email its just a new address to use for log-ins, as i was getting random people trying to log-in from around the world

However now as i cant use my old email when i sign into Xbox live, i use the new email address which it still has my Gamertag but all of my gamer points have gone.. Shouldn't the new email still be able to retrieve all of my current xbox live account data?

:)

Refusal, May 17, 2020
  2. MonsterTecM50 Win User

Hello, it is a pleasure to help you.

This may be a bug.
    Did you change your email or did you add an alias?

If you added an alias then it is a system fail.

Please contact support for personalized assistance:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us

If I was helpful, please click "[b]Mark as answer[/b]"Have an nice day!
    Not totally sure.. I Believe i just changed the email address... So i still have the same Microsoft account.. just that the old email i originally used to sign in has been replaced with my new one.. However when i went to add this new email in my windows
    mail app.. its reverts to the old email address.. so basically any emails to this new address will go to the old address... so that could mean its just a new 'alias email address'?

I did yous the support link you provided which is how i ended up here

To add an alias to your Microsoft account, go to
    Your account
    , then select the option "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" and there select "add email".

An alias is used to have different emails but the same inbox.
    An alias does not mean that it will replace your email.

This procedure should not generate errors in Gamerscore. I say this from experience.

But if you did a different procedure, you should contact support. I leave the link HERE again. (You must click on the option "Contact us").

I recommend that you make a call. Waiting times are long due to the covid-19 pandemic. Please be patient.

3. MonsterTecM50 Win User

This may be a bug.

4. Refusal Win User

This may be a bug.

Not totally sure.. I Believe i just changed the email address... So i still have the same Microsoft account.. just that the old email i originally used to sign in has been replaced with my new one.. However when i went to add this new email in my windows
    mail app.. its reverts to the old email address.. so basically any emails to this new address will go to the old address... so that could mean its just a new 'alias email address'?

I did yous the support link you provided which is how i ended up here
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

fraudulent Xbox account

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. I'm sorry that you seem to be having some difficulty in updating your account alias. If the email address that you wish to use has already been taken by another account that you don't have access to, then you
    would not be able to choose to use it as the primary alias on your existing account.

That being said, you can always use a different email address that you do have access to as a new alias (email address for log in) on your current account or create a new email address to do so. I'm including some links in this post that may be of use to
    you in changing or updating your email alias or recovering your password.

Recover and reset your lost Microsoft account password

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account

I hope this helps out and please let us know the results!
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Long lost xbox 360 account

you can try this.

Important If you’ve forgotten both your Microsoft account email address
    and your password, first retrieve your email address using the
    Lost Account Solution, then reset your password.

lost account
Thema:

1. Updated my Microsoft account email address, Lost Gamer Points - Similar Threads - Updated Microsoft account

2. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  3. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  4. Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I have 55gb in my storage now.), watching all...
  5. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  6. Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account: I lost access to a very old email account that was originally used when setting up my original Microsoft/Xbox Live account. I was able to update my Microsoft account email and the primary alias is...
  7. When will Microsoft update Game Pass Servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will Microsoft update Game Pass Servers?: I pay money for a cloud gaming service from Microsoft, a Fortune 13 company, and all I get is endless wait times. Why should I keep my subscription? In the marketplace of entertainment if any...
  8. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...: Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account...
  9. Your Microsoft account doesn't contain an email address. Please update your Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your Microsoft account doesn't contain an email address. Please update your Microsoft...: Trying to design an Elite 2 controller but I get this message every time I try to log into the Design Labs website fbfa253b-958e-4ffc-b2ea-c4eedf9157d7
  10. Microsoft account updates are being sent to an additional email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account updates are being sent to an additional email.: My account was previously under a different email, but I changed it several years ago. Even though the old email doesn't appear anywhere on the account, it is still receiving account updates....