Update update update update

Discus and support Update update update update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Called Ms several times over the last year, but noone helps just sends me a mail with ideas... Im so sick of never beeing able to use xbox cause I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CoastKey, Oct 21, 2017.

1. CoastKey
    CoastKey Guest

Called Ms several times over the last year, but noone helps just sends me a mail with ideas...

Im so sick of never beeing able to use xbox cause I have the same stupid update several times a week. And seeing that Ms has like same speed on downloads that I had in 1999 it takes forever. The same size every time and I cant use tv or box while this happening.
    How annoying are you able to make this?????

PLEASE STOP THESE STUPID ANNOYING UPDATES EVERY OTHER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

CoastKey, Oct 21, 2017
  2. BISHI
    BISHI Guest
    Update.!

So what has changed..?

BISHI, Oct 21, 2017
  3. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    Update.!

version number? Update update update update ;)

the "official" list is

This update addresses the following:

• Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
    • Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
    • Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
    • Addresses dashboard performance for some users
    • Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
    • Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
    Xbox One System Update | Xbox One System - Xbox.com

turk3y, Oct 21, 2017
  4. XFM WING1
    XFM WING1 Guest

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though

XFM WING1, Oct 22, 2017
  5. CoastKey
    CoastKey Guest
    Yes, preview is the problem, but if you want to quit preview, you have to wipe your Xbox and if you have some hundred gigs thats a pain. Microsoft should first give explicit info that if you join preview you get updates all the time and also inform that
    you will lose everything on your box if you quit preview. The option to just stop preview without wiping should ofcourse be a part of this deal but thats to much service I guess......

Kids was gonna watch their favoritetvshow now, but they cant cause its the daily halfanhour stupid update..... What where you thinking on this one Ms? Can it be more annoying?

CoastKey, Nov 1, 2018
  6. CoastKey Win User

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though
    Yes, preview is the problem, but if you want to quit preview, you have to wipe your Xbox and if you have some hundred gigs thats a pain. Microsoft should first give explicit info that if you join preview you get updates all the time and also inform that
    you will lose everything on your box if you quit preview. The option to just stop preview without wiping should ofcourse be a part of this deal but thats to much service I guess......

Kids was gonna watch their favoritetvshow now, but they cant cause its the daily halfanhour stupid update..... What where you thinking on this one Ms? Can it be more annoying?
  7. XFM WING1 Win User

8. DavidPersico Win User

updates updates updates.......

new question guys.....sry for the long pause.....XBOX ONE PAPER WEIGHT FOR SALE.....CHEEEEP!!!!!!! ok since my 3 games from 2000 the ones that havent crashed since i first turned on the xbox.....the really secure ones.....ok the question is how to delete
    the updates/....which have taken up my ava hdd space on my xbox????and can this be done w/o deleting any of the game info? thanks.
  9. [Farscape] Win User

the updates dont really take any space, they replace files, as for the hdd space being used, after format and system reserved space is taken into account you have approx 340gb of space available for game storage.

If you have say call of duty ww2 installed thats approx 80gb or more then halo 5 thats over 100gb in size.

games these days take a huge amount of space, nothing you do will give you more free space without deleting existing games.

what games do you have installed.
  10. Gary C 86 Win User

Hi David,

The updates are actully important. Sometimes they will be bug fixes to stop crashes and other problems, Sometimes they will be security updates and some will add new features to make your gaming experience better.

I understand the frustration at turning on the xbox for a quick gaming session and been faced with an update instead, ive done this before also. But they are for the best otherwise you could be here reporting you cant play on your xbox because of constant
    crashes instead.

As for filling your storage i would recommend buying a external storage. Unfortunately there isnt a single storage device big enough to fit the vast games xbox has available so the only option is to remove games or invest in a external storage device.

I hope this answered your question david.
Thema:

1. Update update update update - Similar Threads - Update update update

2. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  3. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  4. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  6. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  7. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  8. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  9. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  10. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...