Update ruined my box

Discus and support Update ruined my box in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the update completely ruined my Xbox. I called Xbox support spoke to somebody for an hour doing the troubleshooting steps going through them after they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Update ruined my box

the update completely ruined my Xbox. I called Xbox support spoke to somebody for an hour doing the troubleshooting steps going through them after they took my phone number down in case we get disconnected which we did after an hour
    they never called back. I called back again got somebody else on the phone did the same stuff for an hour got disconnected they never called me back. Called back again got a supervisor on the phone gave her the exact error code and she said that it needed
    repaired that those steps would not work it's all due to the update that they sent and basically that I'm screwed.. I just put a brand new disk drive in this Xbox about two and a half months ago so I put my money and time into that and then another almost
    3 hours on the phone today just for them to say they broke my Xbox and I'm screwed so basically Microsoft can pretty much and may as well have walked into my house and hit my Xbox with a sledgehammer and laughed on there way out. I am so Furious over this
    I will not buy another Microsoft product again. I do know the vice president of the company which I'm trying to get in touch with him. but just for any of you out there that ever experienced any of this update ruining your Xbox it can happen and if your Xbox
    is out of warranty you're screwed

:)

xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Update ruined my xbox

I cant log into xbox live because i need to update... I cant update because it gets an error.. I cant play my downloaded games or do anyhting at all now and im completely pissed.

My xbox has no dvd-drive in it due to the fact xboxs drives suck so it is gone.. its been gone out of it for years.. You cant replace the drives also because you would need to flash them illegally. So i just removed it.. I use my xbox to dowload games on
    demand and play them from the harddrive.. thousands of dollars worth of content is tied to my account and i cant even transfer the liscenses because it needs to sign into xbl...

This is total bullcrap... I tried putting the update onto a usb drive and it wont install the update.. It wont do it on xbl either.. I looked around a little and it seems this new update wont install if it detects modified stuff on your xbox but mine isnt
    modified.. it just has no dvd drive..

I dont even know if thats the reason... I wanted to download dead rising 2 and play it so badly.. I spent 7 hours today trying to find ways to update..

I tried clearing the cache.. I tried clearing system updates.. I have 12 gbs free of space... I restrated my console probly 60 times... i called xbox tech support and was on the phone with them for like 3 hours... They said they didnt know what was wrong...
    And they also said my status code didnt exist... Even though thats the code it keeps giving me.

I Am not going to buy another xbox.. I dont make alot of money and i cant afford a new system right now... Plus after all this i would go ps3..

I WONT REVIVE U, Oct 20, 2017
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    An update ruined my xbox360

Hello,

If you're in the dashboard beta please keep all inquiries in regards to that in the beta forums
    here.

As far as things freezing and not working the way they should be there is currently a Xbox LIVE Service alert which might have something to do with the issue. Please keep an eye on the Xbox Service Alert page
    here.

HassanB, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Update ruined my box

there's only one reason I went with xbox and it was because it's more user friendly..psn has a lot better customer support.. done with microsoft..

xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017
  5. xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx Win User

Update ruined my box

there's only one reason I went with xbox and it was because it's more user friendly..psn has a lot better customer support.. done with microsoft..
  6. UnkemptCloth706 Win User

Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue.

Same here! Out of the box this morning, did update and then went to try discs will not read anything!!! How disappointing!!! Had since Thanksgiving but didn't want ro ruin Santa by setting it all up!!
  7. Spartan 5779 Win User

Update ruined my xbox

I would try to put the DVD drive back in the system. If I am correct this system update is the updated disc format which would be looking for a DVD drive to flash to the new format. Out of curiosity why did you bother to remove the HD in the first place?
  8. Kris with uh K Win User

Update ruined my Xbox

What attitude am I suppose have when my Xbox is unusable for several days after a mandatory update? When I pay $60 a year for XBL. When I paid Hundreds of dollars for this system and games. When all I get is textbook copy + paste guides that have nothing
    to do with a broken update. When Microsoft doesn't even acknowledge the absurd amount of problems after the update. Please enlighten me.
  9. HassanB Win User

An update ruined my xbox360

Hello,

If you're in the dashboard beta please keep all inquiries in regards to that in the beta forums
    here.

As far as things freezing and not working the way they should be there is currently a Xbox LIVE Service alert which might have something to do with the issue. Please keep an eye on the Xbox Service Alert page
    here.
Thema:

Update ruined my box

1. Update ruined my box - Similar Threads - Update ruined box

2. This needs fixed now! Updates ruin my gameplay.

in XboX Insiders
    This needs fixed now! Updates ruin my gameplay.: Please add the option to delay an update for like 30 minutes, since I have to download a new insider update each morning. Around this time every day I get kicked out of whatever game I'm paying...
  3. Newest Alpha Skip Update Ruined smh Edge Chromium

in XboX Insiders
    Newest Alpha Skip Update Ruined smh Edge Chromium: Im pretty Sure that isnt a Bug, because in the Newest Alpha Skip Update, they Removed Extensions on Microsoft Edge Chromium. I can go to the Microsoft Edge Add-On Store and search a Extension like...
  4. New UI update ruins game captures!

in XboX Insiders
    New UI update ruins game captures!: I thought I loved everything about the new Xbox UI update, until I found out they decided that every clip you clip should have to be MANUALLY uploaded to xbox live because some idiot out there...
  5. Minecraft RTX Beta was ruined with the new update

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft RTX Beta was ruined with the new update: Microsoft completly ruined the Minecraft RTX beta. . . With the update that came out on Tuesday things were completely ruined. First off, the textures don't even work now; they're all flat and...
  6. Help ? Update ruined my Xbox one x?

in XboX Insiders
    Help ? Update ruined my Xbox one x?: Recently I been having problems with my Xbox one x , a few games work normally but when I play games such as Morden warfare it kicks me out and says dev error ? , I load up gears 5 kicks me out...
  7. Another update ruined my game... Any reasonable way to prevent this?

in XboX Insiders
    Another update ruined my game... Any reasonable way to prevent this?: [IMG] submitted by /u/its_kuarters [link] [comments]
  8. new update ruined the 4k display

in XboX Insiders
    new update ruined the 4k display: i’m an alpha skip ahead, i’m about to unenroll because this is getting ridiculous. i’ve spent hours today trying to fix the 4k settings on my xbox one x after the update. when on 4k uhd, the...
  9. Lastest insider update ruined Sonic sound option

in XboX Insiders
    Lastest insider update ruined Sonic sound option: After the recent 430 mb update I got last night. Whenever I plugged in my headset every noise sounded robotic, switched to normal stereo and the issue is gone. Anyone else experiencing this?...
  10. New Aquatic Update for Minecraft Ruined my Save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Aquatic Update for Minecraft Ruined my Save: Hello, A save that I've had since the original 360 release and upgraded it to the XBOX One edition, then to the Bedrock edition, added to realms so I can play it on Windows 10, downloaded the...