Update ruined my box

Discus and support Update ruined my box in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the update completely ruined my Xbox. I called Xbox support spoke to somebody for an hour doing the troubleshooting steps going through them after they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Update ruined my box

the update completely ruined my Xbox. I called Xbox support spoke to somebody for an hour doing the troubleshooting steps going through them after they took my phone number down in case we get disconnected which we did after an hour
    they never called back. I called back again got somebody else on the phone did the same stuff for an hour got disconnected they never called me back. Called back again got a supervisor on the phone gave her the exact error code and she said that it needed
    repaired that those steps would not work it's all due to the update that they sent and basically that I'm screwed.. I just put a brand new disk drive in this Xbox about two and a half months ago so I put my money and time into that and then another almost
    3 hours on the phone today just for them to say they broke my Xbox and I'm screwed so basically Microsoft can pretty much and may as well have walked into my house and hit my Xbox with a sledgehammer and laughed on there way out. I am so Furious over this
    I will not buy another Microsoft product again. I do know the vice president of the company which I'm trying to get in touch with him. but just for any of you out there that ever experienced any of this update ruining your Xbox it can happen and if your Xbox
    is out of warranty you're screwed

:)

xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Update ruined my xbox

I cant log into xbox live because i need to update... I cant update because it gets an error.. I cant play my downloaded games or do anyhting at all now and im completely pissed.

My xbox has no dvd-drive in it due to the fact xboxs drives suck so it is gone.. its been gone out of it for years.. You cant replace the drives also because you would need to flash them illegally. So i just removed it.. I use my xbox to dowload games on
    demand and play them from the harddrive.. thousands of dollars worth of content is tied to my account and i cant even transfer the liscenses because it needs to sign into xbl...

This is total bullcrap... I tried putting the update onto a usb drive and it wont install the update.. It wont do it on xbl either.. I looked around a little and it seems this new update wont install if it detects modified stuff on your xbox but mine isnt
    modified.. it just has no dvd drive..

I dont even know if thats the reason... I wanted to download dead rising 2 and play it so badly.. I spent 7 hours today trying to find ways to update..

I tried clearing the cache.. I tried clearing system updates.. I have 12 gbs free of space... I restrated my console probly 60 times... i called xbox tech support and was on the phone with them for like 3 hours... They said they didnt know what was wrong...
    And they also said my status code didnt exist... Even though thats the code it keeps giving me.

I Am not going to buy another xbox.. I dont make alot of money and i cant afford a new system right now... Plus after all this i would go ps3..

I WONT REVIVE U, Oct 20, 2017
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    An update ruined my xbox360

Hello,

If you're in the dashboard beta please keep all inquiries in regards to that in the beta forums
    here.

As far as things freezing and not working the way they should be there is currently a Xbox LIVE Service alert which might have something to do with the issue. Please keep an eye on the Xbox Service Alert page
    here.

HassanB, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Update ruined my box

there's only one reason I went with xbox and it was because it's more user friendly..psn has a lot better customer support.. done with microsoft..

xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017
  5. xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx Win User

Update ruined my box

there's only one reason I went with xbox and it was because it's more user friendly..psn has a lot better customer support.. done with microsoft..
  6. UnkemptCloth706 Win User

Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue.

Same here! Out of the box this morning, did update and then went to try discs will not read anything!!! How disappointing!!! Had since Thanksgiving but didn't want ro ruin Santa by setting it all up!!
  7. Spartan 5779 Win User

Update ruined my xbox

I would try to put the DVD drive back in the system. If I am correct this system update is the updated disc format which would be looking for a DVD drive to flash to the new format. Out of curiosity why did you bother to remove the HD in the first place?
  8. Kris with uh K Win User

Update ruined my Xbox

What attitude am I suppose have when my Xbox is unusable for several days after a mandatory update? When I pay $60 a year for XBL. When I paid Hundreds of dollars for this system and games. When all I get is textbook copy + paste guides that have nothing
    to do with a broken update. When Microsoft doesn't even acknowledge the absurd amount of problems after the update. Please enlighten me.
  9. HassanB Win User

An update ruined my xbox360

Hello,

If you're in the dashboard beta please keep all inquiries in regards to that in the beta forums
    here.

As far as things freezing and not working the way they should be there is currently a Xbox LIVE Service alert which might have something to do with the issue. Please keep an eye on the Xbox Service Alert page
    here.
Thema:

Update ruined my box

1. Update ruined my box - Similar Threads - Update ruined box

2. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  3. Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.: For some reason, I have an Xbox Series X system update issue. It will not update correctly connecting to WIFI or a physical connection to my Internet, so I got it shipped off to Microsoft to fix...
  4. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  5. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  6. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  7. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  8. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  9. The latest controller update ruined my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    The latest controller update ruined my controllers: The link in the help section to rollback the firmware isn't working for me. be6e5f90-1c6b-49f4-bfa4-f2c4e56a86df
  10. Why is this latest OS update ruining my xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this latest OS update ruining my xbox one?: My xbox was stuck on a loop and failing to start because of a failed OS update, I followed all the troubleshooting steps and eventually did an offline install of the OS and even a factory reset....