Update problem with my Xbox Elite V2 controller? How can i fix it?

Discus and support Update problem with my Xbox Elite V2 controller? How can i fix it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The XBOX app keeps showing that I need to update. However, it is then displayed that my controller is up to date. So I can't configure my controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SylvesterHD, Jan 4, 2023.

1. SylvesterHD
    SylvesterHD Guest

The XBOX app keeps showing that I need to update.
    However, it is then displayed that my controller is up to date. So I can't configure my controller.

Before Update:
    Update problem with my Xbox Elite V2 controller? How can i fix it? [​IMG]

I do Update:

Say it is successful:

It still says i need an update:

???

:)

SylvesterHD, Jan 4, 2023
  2. SylvesterHD Win User

My Controller work fine but, it also say it is fully updated. i can not configure my controller.
  3. SylvesterHD Win User

I still have this Problem on my PC, not on a console!
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello SylvesterHD,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know about your setup.

We have edited and simplified our last response so you may check the steps 1 - 4 in a set up for PC device.

If any case, you still have issues with the updating controller.

You may try these few troubleshooting to ensure that the related Xbox system and apps will be updated.

Suggested Troubleshooting:

1. Update Windows
    2. Update drivers in Windows
    3. Repair apps and programs in Windows - This is applicable for repairing Microsoft Store, Xbox app, Gaming Services and Xbox Accessories app, please try from the computer settings.
    4. Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:
      • Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
        Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
      • Wait for the process to finish.
    5. Run system scans
      • Run a full system scan. This will check and restore corrupted system files.
      • In Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
      • Copy the command below one line at a time and paste it on Command Prompt:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

Let us know how it went.

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi SylvesterHD,

I am here again to check up on you. I feel like you still need help with your concern, and I would love to give you additional information for this issue.

For troubleshooting, we recommend you to perform the steps 1-4 below:

Step 1: Disconnect accessories and try updating again

If you’re having a problem updating your controller, first disconnect any accessories (such as stereo headset adapters and chatpads) from the controller.

EDIT:

• You may also, perform this on your Windows device by removing other peripherals on the device that would not be necessary for updating the Xbox Controller.
    Step 2: Power cycle controller and restart device.

EDIT:

• Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    • Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.
    • Restart device.
    Step 3: Try a different USB cable

EDIT:

• Connect your controller using a USB-C cable.
    Step 4: Update your Controller again.

EDIT:

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

If this doesn’t solve the issue, your controller needs to be replaced.

Request an Xbox controller replacement.

For more details and other troubleshooting, please check: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Support article you might like to check:

Configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

I sincerely hope this will help you achieve the resolution. Furthermore, I would love if you re-engage so we can come up together with a desirable solution.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello SylvesterHD,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Update problem with my Xbox Elite V2 controller? How can i fix it? - Similar Threads - Update problem Elite

2. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  3. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  4. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  5. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  6. Problems when trying to roll back control update

in XboX Insiders
    Problems when trying to roll back control update: My controller had problems after an update, so I tried to revert its hardware through the console, but whenever I try to revert it, a problem appears on the screen saying "There was a problem with...
  7. Problem on old gen console with new update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem on old gen console with new update: Hey all so I'm still on xbox one x and I have a problem with the new update I'm reaching out to try and see if maybe someone here has had the same problem before. After this most recent update I...
  8. "There was a problem with the update" but getting error codes with no help articles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "There was a problem with the update" but getting error codes with no help articles.: Been having a mountain of problems with my Xbox One, and I'm not able to update it. When it says "there was a problem with the update" it's gives me these error codes: 0x80070584 0x00000000...
  9. Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...: Hello, so I'm kinda new in all this console repairing thing so I don't know a lot and I would need some help. I recently got a second hand Xbox One S, and it had image problems, it wouldn't show...
  10. Packet loss problem after last ALPHA ring update

in XboX Insiders
    Packet loss problem after last ALPHA ring update: Good morning, I noticed that after the last ALPHA ring update the packet loss problem appeared which I never had before. Let me start by saying that my connection and my router work perfectly, on...