Update later option!

Discus and support Update later option! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; can we please get an update later option? Maybe an "update next time console is off" option...since the claim of it updating while it is off (that it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jasonf1083, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Jasonf1083
    Jasonf1083 Guest

Update later option!

can we please get an update later option? Maybe an "update next time console is off" option...since the claim of it updating while it is off (that it never seems to do).

:)

Jasonf1083, Oct 13, 2017
  2. Kn3xis
    Kn3xis Guest
    Latest Xbox 360 Update removed themes option?

My xbox disconnect me today and forced me to download the latest system update. Understandable. I really like the new look, and am enjoying the navigation, but I have noticed that I can no longer change my theme. Has this feature been removed? Or has
    it been moved to some other area that would make no sense?

If it was removed, does anyone have a clue why? Is there a post or something that can explain the reasoning? It seems they are starting to take more and more away from our own customization of the dashboard, and this does not sit well with me.

Kn3xis, Oct 13, 2017
  3. nightmare

my membership is suspended until i update my payment option,i click on update payment option and it says......sorry theres a problem with the xbox service,try again later....code 80070428.then after that it says some xbox live content is temporarily unavailable..please
    try again later......code 8007065b.....please help!!!

MassivCrabHands, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Update later option!

Feedback site is
    here

I'm in the Insider program so get a lot of updates & have never had an issue.Have my console in energy saving mode & the "keep my console up to date" box ticked & it downloads any updates when the console off.

Daft Badger, Oct 13, 2017
  5. hmmmm...isn't energy saving mode completely off - and fast boot or similar can do things while in standby and this consumes more energy?

Anyway, I have unticked the options for both system and games&apps updates - this let me do that later.

I have to go into those settings. I usually go by browser on PC to a bookmark where it is saying if any updates available.

And for games I go to Games & Apps and Updates tab and see if anything there. Usually if starting game, and being online, it says if there is an update.

I think there are some urgent updates thingy that bypass - and you cannot play unless you download it.

But think it happend once in a year I've had X1.

360 was more about every time you had to update system - if you were online that is.

Next update this fall I read is about 3.6 GB so you really need to have online capacity for that - be prepared.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 14, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You can now use the "keep my console up to date" feature via network settings which downloads any console updates when your console is off even in energy saving mode.

Not sure whether that's a Insider thing or everyone has that now.

Daft Badger, Oct 15, 2017
  7. I get where OP is coming from. I have all the appropriate boxes ticked (Keep games/apps updated) and my console is set to instant on... and yet, several games I play will prompt me to update when I go to play them, which doesn't make sense. I have all my
    games stored on an external HDD... sometimes, although not very often... I will see the HDD light flashing at an irregular rate, indicating that it's active, after the console is shut down. Whatever it's doing, it doesn't seem to update all of the games and
    it certainly doesn't seem to check for updates to the ones I play regularly very often. Just fe, been playing a lot of Destiny 2... have had to update that game manually almost (if not) every time it's needed one.

A Blue Illusion, Oct 15, 2017
  8. Update later option!

I think the check for updates is flaky too.

I have 27 games installed, and it takes 1-2 minutes when going for manual look in Games&Apps->Updates before it says "everything is up to date".

And which actually happend to me as well that I start a game and it still asks for doing update - or says this is mandatory.

MS have not spent enough time optmizing this.

I mean extending with more disk and install more games will take longer the more games you have installed.

It's such a good idea with getting everything updated that is installed, not like 360 only when you are about to start a game - so think they should optimize this.

BookishFlunky90, Nov 1, 2018
  9. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Update later option!

I think the check for updates is flaky too.

I have 27 games installed, and it takes 1-2 minutes when going for manual look in Games&Apps->Updates before it says "everything is up to date".

And which actually happend to me as well that I start a game and it still asks for doing update - or says this is mandatory.

MS have not spent enough time optmizing this.

I mean extending with more disk and install more games will take longer the more games you have installed.

It's such a good idea with getting everything updated that is installed, not like 360 only when you are about to start a game - so think they should optimize this.
  10. Daft Badger Win User

Update later option!

Feedback site is
    here

I'm in the Insider program so get a lot of updates & have never had an issue.Have my console in energy saving mode & the "keep my console up to date" box ticked & it downloads any updates when the console off.
  11. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Update later option!

hmmmm...isn't energy saving mode completely off - and fast boot or similar can do things while in standby and this consumes more energy?

Anyway, I have unticked the options for both system and games&apps updates - this let me do that later.

I have to go into those settings. I usually go by browser on PC to a bookmark where it is saying if any updates available.

And for games I go to Games & Apps and Updates tab and see if anything there. Usually if starting game, and being online, it says if there is an update.

I think there are some urgent updates thingy that bypass - and you cannot play unless you download it.

But think it happend once in a year I've had X1.

360 was more about every time you had to update system - if you were online that is.

Next update this fall I read is about 3.6 GB so you really need to have online capacity for that - be prepared.
  12. Daft Badger Win User

Update later option!

You can now use the "keep my console up to date" feature via network settings which downloads any console updates when your console is off even in energy saving mode.

Not sure whether that's a Insider thing or everyone has that now.
  13. A Blue Illusion Win User

Update later option!

I get where OP is coming from. I have all the appropriate boxes ticked (Keep games/apps updated) and my console is set to instant on... and yet, several games I play will prompt me to update when I go to play them, which doesn't make sense. I have all my
    games stored on an external HDD... sometimes, although not very often... I will see the HDD light flashing at an irregular rate, indicating that it's active, after the console is shut down. Whatever it's doing, it doesn't seem to update all of the games and
    it certainly doesn't seem to check for updates to the ones I play regularly very often. Just fe, been playing a lot of Destiny 2... have had to update that game manually almost (if not) every time it's needed one.
Thema:

Update later option!

1. Update later option! - Similar Threads - Update later option

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  5. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  6. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  7. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  8. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  9. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  10. Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later: I go to Linked Acoounts on my Xbox series x. I have been able to link Discord, twitch and reddit. But Steam fails to link. I send phone notification and click to link. I get error "Failed to...