Update kicked me out of competitive session

Discus and support Update kicked me out of competitive session in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing overwatch gunning for my season high after a very frustrating game that we nearly lost I was extremely releieved to see that we somehow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Calmath, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Calmath
    Calmath Guest

I was playing overwatch gunning for my season high after a very frustrating game that we nearly lost I was extremely releieved to see that we somehow scraped a win.

Only to be greeted at my postgame screen with a 'Xbox needs to update' screen, at which point I started the update thinking "hey it's fine, it's a decent time to stop playing , I'm on my season high!"

Except that when I signed back on out of curiosity, to ogle my new career high I see that I am missing 50 sr off my rank, because Xbox kicked me out before the session was fully complete, I assume the postgame screen was only cosmetic because it ended up deducting
    me with a leavers penalty, in a game I sweated my **** off to win.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating and I urge you guys to add in some sort 60 minute till update window sort of thing I don't know what the upper limits of a session on a matchmaking game could be but whatever we have now I see unacceptable and i am personally
    looking forward to switching to pic after seeing how big brother like Xbox has become in the last 5 years.

:)

Calmath, Oct 23, 2017
  2. Kicked out of session

I'm always connected and live

ScoffingRope561, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Kicked out of session

I play Peggle on my x box 360 and today am having issues of getting "kicked out of session" the first time I came in last place having started later. The second time I beat the person that ALWAYS WINS who had been made host. I got kicked out again. I have
    no idea why? Can you help? Thanks.

ScoffingRope561, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

Have a great time playing PC games, There are some truly amazing titles on PC.

By the way I assume you meant to type PC instead of pic.

Shaggy2000, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Calmath
    Calmath Guest
    indeed, I am posting here in a hasty way because Microsoft seemingly employs people who don't care about the competitive experience, hopefully the blizzard client doesn't kick people out for updates.

Calmath, Oct 24, 2017
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    Update kicked me out of competitive session [​IMG]

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Xbox is owned by Microsoft and unless I have been very mistaken for the last couple of decades, they also own the Windows operating system. So if you want to play Overwatch on the PC you are going to have to go with a Windows OS, or try and install the game
    using WINE on a linux distribution.

You will also find the competitive scene quite different on the PC. With people not only using keyboard and mouse natively but people using controller adaptors to use a keyboard and mouse with the benefit of a controller's auto aim.

Zen Like Calm, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Never been kicked out of a game for an update since the xbox one was launched & i'm in the Insider program so get more updates than most.

That's because my console is set up to download updates when it's turned off.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  9. Calmath Win User

indeed, I am posting here in a hasty way because Microsoft seemingly employs people who don't care about the competitive experience, hopefully the blizzard client doesn't kick people out for updates.
  10. Zen Like Calm Win User

Xbox is owned by Microsoft and unless I have been very mistaken for the last couple of decades, they also own the Windows operating system. So if you want to play Overwatch on the PC you are going to have to go with a Windows OS, or try and install the game
    using WINE on a linux distribution.

You will also find the competitive scene quite different on the PC. With people not only using keyboard and mouse natively but people using controller adaptors to use a keyboard and mouse with the benefit of a controller's auto aim.
  11. Daft Badger Win User

Never been kicked out of a game for an update since the xbox one was launched & i'm in the Insider program so get more updates than most.

That's because my console is set up to download updates when it's turned off.
  12. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

[​IMG]
  13. Shaggy2000 Win User

Thema:

1. Update kicked me out of competitive session - Similar Threads - Update kicked competitive

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  5. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  6. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  7. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  8. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  9. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  10. Bought a new xbox x cant open warzone getting stuck on checking for update then it kick me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a new xbox x cant open warzone getting stuck on checking for update then it kick me...: Hallo need help Ive got a new xbox x cant play warzone stuck on checkinf for update then it kick out to xbox main menu any help 927cb820-f555-457d-903d-04ca54ab18e9