Update cleared my entire system!!

Discus and support Update cleared my entire system!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason none of my friends have recently had an update but this morning when I went to turn my Xbox on I had an update. Not only did this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnnyWilder(2), Jan 5, 2014.

1. Update cleared my entire system!!

For some reason none of my friends have recently had an update but this morning when I went to turn my Xbox on I had an update. Not only did this update take 25-30 minutes but after it was done it restarted the system like it usually does however this
    time was unlike any other time. Because this time all my information was erased. My hard drive is erased, all my downloads everything. Almost seven years of gaming on Xbox 360 and all that information is lost. So you would think I would be able to call 1-800-4myxbox
    and talk to someone but nope they are closed. I am extremely not impressed. Almost ready to go and give that new ps4 a try. Tired of all the problems with Xbox.

:)

JohnnyWilder(2), Jan 5, 2014
  2. Traynor5
    Traynor5 Guest
    Update Problem

thats odd, i just cleared my system cache and went on black ops.. no update ??

Traynor5, Jan 5, 2014
  3. A2DaFricknJ
    A2DaFricknJ Guest
    HELP! Endless update loop on dashboard

yea i cleared my system cache already and still nothing but imma try clearing the update and ill update you then

A2DaFricknJ, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Update cleared my entire system!!

Sounds like an aftermarket HDD instead of an official Microsoft branded one.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 5, 2014
  5. TROJANchamp1
    TROJANchamp1 Guest
    The same thing happened to me! And its an "OFFICIAL MICROSOFT BRANDED HDD"

TROJANchamp1, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Hey there

Welcome to the forums.

Microsoft support hours are:

Monday to Friday: 8am-5pm

Saturday: 10am-5pm

Sunday: Closed all day.

You can ring them within the times given, and they will.be open. These times are also displayed within support.xbox.com.

I hope you get everything fixed

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 5, 2014
  7. Also,

You can also download your games back for free, by going to your recent games and downloading them back. You can also do this by going to recent downloads.

As for game deta, I'm not too sure if it all gets backed up on Xbox Live. You could always try it.

Hope this helps you as well

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 5, 2014
  8. TROJANchamp1
    TROJANchamp1 Guest

What will happen if I reformat my hard drive???

TROJANchamp1, Jan 6, 2014
  9. The exact same thing has happened to me! Some long update, high spinning DVD drive, and restarts. And before people start pointing figures, mine is a totally unmolded 360 Model S with it's original 250gb hard drive. It's exactly just the way it came, and
    until this update, I hadn't even taken it out.

I have been able to use a flash drive, but it still hasn't seen the hard drive and I know there are a few things I couldn't copy over to the cloud. I really don't want to lose my game progress on those games.

I'm trying to find someone with a data cable, and see if I can save some of my game date by coping it over. I can download the games again, and my could saved progress, but not everything is on there.

David RomanDaniels, Jan 6, 2014
  10. wondering if this problem was ever resolved cause i have the same issue. i can't even redownload the apps. it keeps saying unable to download. i have to use an external hard drive to even use the game...smdh

DecafMeteor27, Nov 13, 2014
  11. Hey there DecafMeteor27!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there DecafMeteor27!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  13. David RomanDaniels Win User

The exact same thing has happened to me! Some long update, high spinning DVD drive, and restarts. And before people start pointing figures, mine is a totally unmolded 360 Model S with it's original 250gb hard drive. It's exactly just the way it came, and
    until this update, I hadn't even taken it out.

I have been able to use a flash drive, but it still hasn't seen the hard drive and I know there are a few things I couldn't copy over to the cloud. I really don't want to lose my game progress on those games.

I'm trying to find someone with a data cable, and see if I can save some of my game date by coping it over. I can download the games again, and my could saved progress, but not everything is on there.
  14. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Also,

You can also download your games back for free, by going to your recent games and downloading them back. You can also do this by going to recent downloads.

As for game deta, I'm not too sure if it all gets backed up on Xbox Live. You could always try it.

Hope this helps you as well

Regards,
  15. TROJANchamp1 Win User

The same thing happened to me! And its an "OFFICIAL MICROSOFT BRANDED HDD"
  16. DecafMeteor27 Win User

wondering if this problem was ever resolved cause i have the same issue. i can't even redownload the apps. it keeps saying unable to download. i have to use an external hard drive to even use the game...smdh
Thema:

1. Update cleared my entire system!! - Similar Threads - Update cleared entire

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  5. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  6. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  7. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  8. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  9. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  10. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]