Update broke Xbox 26/08/2021

Discus and support Update broke Xbox 26/08/2021 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I left the Xbox to install the latest update and came back to find a black screen that won’t go off. I’ve tried turning the Xbox on and off, turning... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Evermore3872, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Evermore3872
    Evermore3872 Guest

I left the Xbox to install the latest update and came back to find a black screen that won’t go off. I’ve tried turning the Xbox on and off, turning the power off at the wall and unplugging it and have messed around with all the useless suggestions given by the Xbox Virtual Chat.

No matter what I do I can’t get off the black screen. Even the pressing the eject and sync buttons thing stays on a black screen. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this as I can’t even do a factory settings reset and I’m guessing Microsoft releasing a patch to fix this screw up won’t do a thing as I can’t see anything to know that it needs installing?

:)

Evermore3872, Nov 5, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Evermore3872! I hope you're doing great today!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this situation is causing you. Here's a solution for the black screen. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

You can reset your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

(Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter on these consoles by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button)
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out!
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try the solutions below.

Solution 1:

1. Turn off Xbox One.

2. Unplug power.

3. Plug the power back to Xbox One 30 seconds later.

4. Press and hold Bind and Eject at the same time (don't release).

5. Press and release the Power button, and then you will hear the startup chime.

6. When you hear the second startup chime, you can release the bind and eject buttons.

7. Select Reset this Xbox on the screen.

8. Select Keep games and apps.

Solution 2:

Try updating your console offline, instructions on how to do this are contained in the official Microsoft article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*Please let us know if this works.
  4. morpheus2n2 Win User
  5. AaronJenkins2 Win User

*Outages*

2/26/2021 Microsoft Xbox stocks plummet, crashing the market

GG
  6. x iKrAcKeR x Win User

beta site not working need an invite to the beta forum

The website is down for maintenance until 08/26/13.
Thema:

1. Update broke Xbox 26/08/2021 - Similar Threads - Update broke 2021

2. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  3. my controller broke after update

in XboX Insiders
    my controller broke after update: i have a xbox one x. but i dont really use it, i only use the controller with my pc. and recently. i got a new pc, and the controllre bluetooth doesnt work. so i plugged the controller in, and...
  4. November update broke gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    November update broke gamebar: ever since the recent updates for the xbox app and gamebar in late November it is terrible even worse than before i dont receive invites, notifications etc on gamebar at all or the xbox app on pc...
  5. Series X update broke wheel for F1 2021, WRC 9 and WRC 7

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X update broke wheel for F1 2021, WRC 9 and WRC 7: My wheel is Hori FFB Dlx which has an app also for 8 presets for wheel itself. Mentioned games worked perfectly with this wheel until last played in early march. Not playing over summer. So...
  6. filmware update probably broke my xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    filmware update probably broke my xbox controller: i tired updating my controller first time it got to like 35/36% and it failed sayed plug usb put out bateries soo i did and restarted with usb only it got to 95% stoped xbox controller wibrated 1...
  7. New update broke my xbox series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update broke my xbox series X.: I spoke with 2 xbox support persons, and they both exclaimed to me that it wasn't an isolated issue. That they had both been getting an increasing amount of calls/msgs about this same thing that...
  8. Most recent update to Windows 11 broke Starfield on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Most recent update to Windows 11 broke Starfield on PC: My game has been running smoothly up till yesterday when I updated Windows 11. What happens is that when I load in game my game runs super slow and freezes and stutters every 2-3 seconds without...
  9. Mandatory update broke the Xbox s. Tried all options back to factory reset and offline...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mandatory update broke the Xbox s. Tried all options back to factory reset and offline...: X box s working fine, then mandatory update corrupts machine with numerous errors. Can not access anything but the update screen. Tried all troubleshooting even factory reset. But still error...
  10. Xbox Series X May 12 update broke my audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X May 12 update broke my audio: Did this update break the audio for anyone else? I've played with the different formats etc in settings, no sound at all. Worked fine yesterday. 6fba625b-df8c-46a7-b4d1-b4e4a635f334