Update a Xbox in kiosk mode

Discus and support Update a Xbox in kiosk mode in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi everyone ! I'm asking your help about a Xbox One at my local store (in France) that is stuck in the middle of 2017 with FIFA 17, Forza Motorsport 7... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by W1p3out69, Jan 2, 2020.

  1. W1p3out69
    W1p3out69 Guest

    Update a Xbox in kiosk mode


    Hi everyone !

    I'm asking your help about a Xbox One at my local store (in France) that is stuck in the middle of 2017 with FIFA 17, Forza Motorsport 7 or Dragonball Xenoverse for example as sample games.

    I really want to update the kiosk mode to have the freshest demos because aside of this, I have a PS4 that is always updated. And that upset me !

    How can I update the kiosk mode ? I can only select games, I can't use any side menus to connect the console on internet right now.

    Thank you for any help, it will be greatly appreciated !

    And happy new Eve to everyone !

    :)
     
    W1p3out69, Jan 2, 2020
    #1
  2. W1p3out69 Win User

    Update a Xbox in kiosk mode

    Hello Brad,

    Thank you for taking your time to answer this thread.

    That's what I was afraid of. I'll do what it needs to get this one updated.

    This console was installed on the store long before I was hired, nobody takes care of it. Now it's the time to change this and I'll do the necessary when the next generation will be there.

    Thanks again Brad !

    Kevin
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

    Update a Xbox in kiosk mode

    Hello W1p3out,

    Thanks for coming to the forums. Unfortunately, there is no way of updating a Kiosk console.

    If it is an actual Xbox Kiosk that you legitimately got, you need to contact Microsoft public relations to get Demo discs with proper game demos on it. After a bit of research: It really seems that you can only use actual Demo discs
    on your console in Kiosk mode.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  4. ArminatorX Win User

    Xbox One Kiosk

    If there are no games on the USB stick that puts the console into Kiosk mode, then you don't have games to run in Kiosk mode. Simple as that.

    I'd assume you (or the person from which you got the Kiosk) "faked" the USB stick to get the console into Kiosk mode by adding a fake file on the USB stick?

    If it is an actual Xbox Kiosk that you legitimately got, you need to contact Microsoft public relations to get Demo discs with proper game demos on it.

    EDIT: After a bit of research: It really seems that you can only use actual Demo discs on your console in Kiosk mode. You probably can not install "regular" games on the console and then put it in Lockdown mode with the USB stick.

    EDIT2: After finding
    this page here
    , I assume the following:

    The USB stick is only a key to lock the console in Kiosk mode. It requires you to have installed the Demos from a demo disc previously.

    The game attract videos you see come from a different device in the back of the kiosk with an additional USB stick.

    So unless you also get a demo disc, you can't play games on that kiosk unit in lockdown mode.
  5. Final Boss XII Win User

    Xbox 360 Kiosk

    From what I can see, it is not possible to remove demo mode from an Xbox 360 kiosk. This was a security measure that was added to retail consoles.
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

    Xbox 360 Kiosk

    Hey Michael,

    Thank you for reaching out. We understand you have a 360 kiosk on your hands which has a demo of FIFA 13 (if I remember correctly that one had Leo Messi on the cover) as the only playable game. Depending on the kiosk, it may or may not be possible to get
    it out of the demo mode due to either hardware or software limitations. Your best bet would be to perform an

    offline system update
    and try to get a working OS on that console. You will need a USB flashdrive and a Windows based computer. Let us know how it goes! :D
Thema:

Update a Xbox in kiosk mode

Loading...
  1. Update a Xbox in kiosk mode - Similar Threads - Update kiosk mode

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.261001-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.261001-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  4. October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261001-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261001-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.261001-2200) Feel...
  5. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  6. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  7. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha (2610.260930-2200) Feel...
  8. October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2610.260930-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead...
  9. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Omega (2608.260927-0830) Feel...
  10. October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Delta (2610.260928-2200) Feel...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox one kiosk mode

    ,
  2. xbox one kiosk install usb

    ,
  3. xbox 360 kiosk mode