Unsolvable Input Delay on Series X/S

Discus and support Unsolvable Input Delay on Series X/S in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; (Note: I've been an Xbox consumer for 16 years, as well as being an Insider) Every avenue I've taken has failed in trying to figure this out. I've... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DeliveryForKiki, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Unsolvable Input Delay on Series X/S

(Note: I've been an Xbox consumer for 16 years, as well as being an Insider)

Every avenue I've taken has failed in trying to figure this out. I've gotten no help, save for the most basic of troubleshooting that I'm well beyond. Since about December-January, I've had horrid input delay on my Series X -- online and offline. Same games do play better than others, inconsistencies I can't fully square, but it's been there on the quick twitch games (shooters, sports).

Every piece of hardware has been swapped multiple times. Every basic and advanced troubleshooting has been done. I've even purchased two additional Series S Xboxs just to test. I have two 1ms monitors (BenQ and ASUS) that both worked previously; new controllers; new HDMI cables; upgraded and tested 1GB internet (I play hardwired but have tried WiFi too); I've messed with every combination of internet settings; I hard reset daily and factory reset probably every couple weeks minimum. Every piece of hardware is top of the line. There is nothing I have not done to isolate this. I always have my controller plugged in wired. I try wireless now and again just for the yucks. It feels identical. I have 3 Xbox X/S controllers (1 is broken on the stick, but that part doesn't matter for testing). I also have 1 old Xbox One controller......same deal. I bought a Power A controller to test out a non MS brand, but the issue still manifests. Every one is updated with firmware, so that's not the answer. My controllers look normal in test mode.

For example on NHL22, the game I've played the most, my issue is horrid even in offline, ethernet cable pulled out. Not just heavy but like the inputs fail to register on connected movements. When I purchased my 3rd Xbox in July, the first night it actually felt close to normal. Only afterwards did it deteriorate to how my main Xbox feels. Occasionally, the game plays normal (offline, I'm speaking, to avoid the online debate) for several minutes before instantly getting sluggish. That cannot simply be a server, but nothing on my end could possibly be an issue. 3 Xboxs, each with mixed and matched hardware set ups? The only thing I can think of that makes sense is some cloud issue affecting my Xbox's data that would manifest online and offline.

I'm truly at my wit's end over this. I've spent hundreds of hours and dollars trying to fix this to no avail. It has ruined my entire gaming experience. It's been an impossible issue with almost no logic. And zero help from Microsoft. All chats with them over the last 8 months resolve into basic troubleshooting, then a vague "we'll look into it" without any further response.

submitted by /u/DeliveryForKiki
    [link] [comments]

/u/DeliveryForKiki, Sep 2, 2022
  2. Simon Ralph Win User

Unsolvable Input Delay Xbox Series X/S

Try clearing local saved data form Xbox then clear MAC address. Might have worked for me
  3. Simon Ralph Win User

Yeh it’s not my internet because I move houses and wifi and still persists. So must me a game bug. If it happens in new call of duty I’ll be sending Xbox to be repaired
  4. Simon Ralph Win User

Hi my game is not fixed. Can I ask does your game run a lot faster and smoother at night compared to during the day?
  5. Wizzywar Win User

And yes, I still have this issue. I've done so much trial and error with this, but I do have something I wonder about.........

I play a lot of MLB: The Show (I don't really have issues on that, oddly enough), and when I delete and re-download that, it takes me back to the initial start-up screen where I have to do all the settings. Meanwhile, the VERY first time I load up NHL22/23, where I have issues, there's an initial menu scroll, then the settings menu. Now stick with me: when I delete the game and all data and re-download it.......it takes me back to the main menu, shows what mode I "Last Played," and my settings remain what they were. Despite totally deleting all game data. That shouldn't be?

As I said, I'm convinced it's a software (to hardware?) bug -- maybe with Quick Resume (I always close apps), cloud data, short term memory on the Xbox -- and something like this, where I can't actually reboot the game from scratch, furthers my point. Especially in light of a brand new additional Xbox in July working fine with my NHL game for only the first night. I remember reading Apex had a bug this summer on Xbox Series X/S with input lag (this is widely known), where it actually affected other games on the Xbox. So, it's a fact that a single game could affect the entire system.
  6. Simon Ralph Win User

Hi I was having these issues until the other day. This may not work but for me it did and if it does you owe me big time haha. So I held down my series x power button until the console shut off. Unplugged it from the back. Then held down the power on button for 5-10 seconds a few times. Then after a few minutes plugged the power cable back into the Xbox. And then my games had no delay. You can also refresh internet whilst doing this as well. If this doesn’t work check your monitor settings make sure it’s on fastest response time with free sync off. If it’s a TV look at the display options.
Thema:

Unsolvable Input Delay on Series X/S

1. Unsolvable Input Delay on Series X/S - Similar Threads - Unsolvable Input Delay

2. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  3. Tripeaks for 12/24/2022 unsolvable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tripeaks for 12/24/2022 unsolvable?: It's literally the only daily challenge I couldn't beat in December of 2022 and I feel like when I enter the 4th round needing only 1 more 10 to go, I can't solve that hand or even get the final...
  4. My First Post is Locked, so I can't comment/reply, yet my issue remains unsolved. I was...

in XboX Insiders
    My First Post is Locked, so I can't comment/reply, yet my issue remains unsolved. I was...: I was happily chilling, playing OG Xbox games on my 360 - as usual. SSX 3 is digitally stored on my console, and I have been playing for years. I needed help with something, and mentioned my...
  5. October 20, 2023 Pyramid Daily Challenge is Unsolveable!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    October 20, 2023 Pyramid Daily Challenge is Unsolveable!: Today's pyramid daily challenge is unsolveable -- The first pyramid is able to be cleared just fine (but not enough 4's to clear in one pyramid, of course). The second pyramid has too many 6's...
  6. Why is an easy game of TriPeaks on 9/16 unsolvable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is an easy game of TriPeaks on 9/16 unsolvable?: The TriPeaks game on 9/16 is an easy level, but it is unsolvable. I am a premium user and am using Windows 11 Home. 70b5426f-4cd9-4f7d-a010-d878d43d43eb
  7. Is the tripeak daily challenge on 09/16/23 unsolvable ? every site i look says it cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the tripeak daily challenge on 09/16/23 unsolvable ? every site i look says it cannot...: Is the tri-peak daily challenge on 09/16/23 unsolvable? Every site I go to says it cannot be solved. 66aa88f2-d063-4456-aed3-6bc314160b1b
  8. Is 16/9/23 Microsoft tripeaks unsolvable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is 16/9/23 Microsoft tripeaks unsolvable?: I have tried many different ways to solve this game. Not only is it not “easy”, it is unsolvable. cd68631f-4b9a-4731-ba87-ecdcfdcff91d
  9. The daily challenge for Tripeaks in Microsoft Solitaire Collection is unsolvable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The daily challenge for Tripeaks in Microsoft Solitaire Collection is unsolvable: The daily challenge for Microsoft Solitaire Collection Tripeaks on September 16th 2023, clear 7 sixes, is unsolvable. It has been confirmed by other players to be unsolvable....
  10. the 9?16?2023 Tri peaks is listed as easy! It is unsolvable! I have been perfect on daily...

in XBoX on Consoles
    the 9?16?2023 Tri peaks is listed as easy! It is unsolvable! I have been perfect on daily...: The 9/16/2023 daily challenge is rated easy! It is imposable to solve! I have been perfect for over 5 years. I have tried. 30 times to solve it. 73c3997d-381b-4ddc-9a05-4e2fff0ab21f