Unresponsive Xbox series s buttons on 3 differnt controllers, console issue?

Discus and support Unresponsive Xbox series s buttons on 3 differnt controllers, console issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Probably 4 months ago I bought a new series s and I bought an extra controller with it. About a month ago the controller that came with the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ace.david2, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Ace.david2
    Ace.david2 Guest

Probably 4 months ago I bought a new series s and I bought an extra controller with it. About a month ago the controller that came with the Xbox stopped stopped working, the Xbox button works and turns on but all of the other buttons are completely unresponsive. I couldnt figure out what the issue was so I just bought another controller. I got on to play a little bit ago and now both of my other controller are having the exact same issue. I've already tried the resetting it and I can't update if cause I can't navigate the menus. I've tried the USB cable, I've tried everything please somebody help me.

:)

Ace.david2, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system.

Hello PatrickAyres,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to pair your Xbox Series S controller to your system. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series S console is turned on.

2. Press and hold the pairing button on your controller until the Xbox button starts flashing.

3. On your console, press the pairing button on the front of the console.

4. Wait for the controller to connect to the console.

If this doesn't work, you can try resetting your controller by following these steps:

1. Turn off your Xbox Series S console.

2. Press and hold the pairing button on the back of your controller for 10 seconds.

3. Release the pairing button and wait for the controller to turn off.

4. Turn on your console and try pairing your controller again.

I hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. floggingcholly Win User

Xbox Series X Hardware Issue

My controller started doing that (Series S) and was unresponsive (console never shut off, though) and I replaced the batteries and unplugged everything from the wall for a few seconds and restarted using the controller and I haven't had an issue since
    (sorry if that doesn't help)
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox Series One Elite Controller not connecting to Xbox S console or PC

Hello,Ten my name is Oskayra I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

It seems there might be an issue with the communication between your Xbox Elite controller and your Xbox Series S console. While you've tried some troubleshooting steps, there could be an underlying issue with the controller itself or the way it's interacting with the console.

Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Check for physical damage on the controller: Inspect the controller's ports, buttons, and overall condition to ensure there are no visible signs of damage, such as cracks or loose connections.

Try a different USB cable: Use a different USB cable to connect the controller to the console. Sometimes, a faulty cable can interfere with the communication between the controller and the console.

Update the controller firmware using an Xbox One console: If you have access to an Xbox One console, try connecting the controller to it and updating the firmware. This might resolve the issue if there's a specific firmware incompatibility with the Xbox Series S.

Reset the controller: To reset the controller, hold down the pairing button and the Xbox button simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until the Xbox button flashes rapidly. This will reset the controller's pairing information and may help with the connection issue.

Try connecting the controller to another device: Connect the controller to a PC, another Xbox console, or a mobile device using Bluetooth to check if it's working properly with other devices. If it connects and works fine with other devices, the issue might lie with the Xbox Series S console.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. Oskayra
  5. Francia J. Win User

Why can I not download the deluxe edition for hogwarts on my series s xbox, keeps telling me it is not playable.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

There are multiple reports in regards to the said issue, however, there are no official announcements yet from Microsoft but if you're on Xbox Series S it should work.

Please make sure that you have an Xbox Series S by checking the sticker on the back of your Xbox console, you should see "Xbox Series S", and once confirmed perform a powercycle on your console and then try installing the game again.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Unresponsive Buttons in the New Series X|S controllers.

Hello, I'm so sorry, I misread the question, yes, the controllers are great now! I recently got one and have been using it for over 2 months without any issues.

Once again, I apologise for misreading the question you asked.
Thema:

1. Unresponsive Xbox series s buttons on 3 differnt controllers, console issue? - Similar Threads - Unresponsive series buttons

2. Unresponsive controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive controller: So my controller is unresponsive but connected. It's not in my xbox controller list, but it's connected no vibration feedback when holding the Xbox button and no movement when using joysticks or...
  3. How do I fix my unresponsive Xbox Series S controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my unresponsive Xbox Series S controller?: I only just got this xbox less than a month ago (christmas present) and today my friend downloaded Tubi so we could watch a movie and the second the movie started, my controller became...
  4. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...
  5. Series 2 Elite unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 Elite unresponsive: Had my controller suddenly stop working in the middle of a game. Please connect controller message appeared. Tried to power cycle it but it doesn't seem to help. Now when the controller turns on...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's face buttons are unresponsive and delayed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's face buttons are unresponsive and delayed.: I recently purchased the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, and on its first use, I noticed that the face buttons sometimes do not respond to inputs and sometimes will have a delayed input upon being...
  7. Why is guide unresponsive after these updates? Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is guide unresponsive after these updates? Xbox Series X: After a few hours of playing the guide will struggle to open. The dashboard becomes very laggy and unresponsive and I know i’m not the only one with this problem. I factory reset my console and...
  8. Xbox series x controller turns on light but is unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller turns on light but is unresponsive: My Xbox series x controller turns on light but is unresponsive. It shows that is on, but won't do the startup blink, go into link mode or respond to any button press. Is there any way to fix it?...
  9. Series X slow and unresponsive at times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X slow and unresponsive at times: I'm having issues with my series x being slow to respond if not at all. I've cleared the alternate mac address and a factory reset. I'll select the game I want to play and it will pull up (after...
  10. Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick: After connecting to a different Xbox for the first time and pressing the change profile button, the controllers home button turned dark blue and came unresponsive except for the left analog stick...