Unreadable disk in the same spot on new disk

Discus and support Unreadable disk in the same spot on new disk in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son's xbox360 game has an error code saying disk is unreadable. We purchased the same game brand new as it's his favorite as we thought it was most... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by louise Kelly1, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Unreadable disk in the same spot on new disk

My son's xbox360 game has an error code saying disk is unreadable. We purchased the same game brand new as it's his favorite as we thought it was most probably scratched but the new disk stops at the exact same spot as the last one even on my other son's profile it does the same so it's not the disk. Please help it's my kids favorite game!!

:)

louise Kelly1, Dec 2, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Louise,

What’s the specific game you’re referring to? You might be able to purchase the digital version if it’s still available.

Disk drives can be really strange. I had a similar issue where an Xbox One disk (Forza Horizon 3, and the disk was carefully cleaned with no visible scratches) wouldn’t play on my friend’s Xbox One because of the unreadable error, but the console would read/play other disks okay and the same disk would play perfectly fine on mine and on a Series X.

You can also try installing the game (or reinstall if it already is) directly to internal storage:

Manage your Xbox 360 game library | Xbox Support

Hope this helps.
  3. louise Kelly1 Win User

Thanks for your advice.

It's just difficult to understand why all the other games play perfectly except this one.

If the console was failing wouldn't we see the same thing happening on other games?
  4. louise Kelly1 Win User

Thank you for your help Georges, I have just done the steps above but it hadn't worked unfortunately
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, If your child's console is connecting to the internet, try this other procedure below.

Xbox 360 reset:

Roll back and reinstall system updates.

To do this:

In the console, go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Highlight the memory drive

Enter the following sequence of buttons: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X

This opens the Delete System Update window.

Select Yes.

This restarts the console.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

If the console was failing wouldn't we see the same thing happening on other games?
    Hi,

Generally speaking, yes, but old console drives can be very strange. Even 10 years may not seem a lot, but in technology terms it's ancient. Not that I have a issue with that, I have a couple old old consoles, including an Xbox 360.

On my old 360 I install all games to an external drive. It saves wear and tear on the old DVD drive. Perhaps you could try this.
Thema:

1. Unreadable disk in the same spot on new disk - Similar Threads - Unreadable disk same

2. Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...: the title sums it up pretty much. after a local multiplayer match ends, the game tries to go back to the match settings screen but crashes afterwards giving the error message “The disc is...
  3. Is there a way to fix unreadable disc for Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to fix unreadable disc for Xbox series X: I bought dead island 2 but my Xbox doesn't recognize the disc nothing pops up at all when it's inserted but it works on my older console I've even bought a second disc to see if the disc is the...
  4. Xbox series s. It says I have 1 unread message it has been there for about 3 years.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s. It says I have 1 unread message it has been there for about 3 years.: It started when I moved my account from 1 xbox one s to another and it says I have 1 unread message. I've tried everything nothing works im now on a series s and it is still here....
  5. Xbox One Messaging Showing 6 Unread when there are no messages.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Messaging Showing 6 Unread when there are no messages.: My xbox is saying i have 6 unread messages when i have no unread messages to view. i have cleared all chat requests, and my message queue only goes back to 10 month old messages, and have removed...
  6. My Xbox says that there is a message that is unread and it will not go away. How do I get...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox says that there is a message that is unread and it will not go away. How do I get...: So my Xbox One S 2 years ago got a message notification icon on the "Parties & chat" tab. This icon has never left. At first, I read on the forums that to wait and it would just go away in a week...
  7. Xbox Series X- I have a notification for a unread chat.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X- I have a notification for a unread chat.: I have deleted all chats across all devices and apps. I still have 1 notification that will not go away. This happened after the recent update. It’s happened to multiple people in my friend list....
  8. Xbox says I have 3 unread messages but I don't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox says I have 3 unread messages but I don't?: My account says I have 3 unread messages that don't seem to pop up. It does this on all 3 consoles I have in the house. I've checked my 360 account and there aren't any messages on there. I've...
  9. Xbox One APP shows unread messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One APP shows unread messages: The app on my iPhone shows that there is one unread message. I have gone into my online account and checked to see if there is anything there and there are no messages in my box. It seems to be a...
  10. Xbox One Messaging Showing 1 Unread when there are no messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Messaging Showing 1 Unread when there are no messages: My Xbox one as well the desktop and phone apps all show that there is a pending message but nothing shows up in the inbox. I'm assuming the issue was caused when I deleted a message before...