Unreadable disk error on downloaded copy?

Discus and support Unreadable disk error on downloaded copy? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I ran into quite an issue, a few months ago I decided to boot up Forza Horizon, one of the games I got during the games with gold deal. As soon as I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Braveoyster368, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Unreadable disk error on downloaded copy?

I ran into quite an issue, a few months ago I decided to boot up Forza Horizon, one of the games I got during the games with gold deal. As soon as I joined a lobby, the system gave me an unreadable disk prompt. It gave me the same issue when I went to single
    player. I have re-downloaded it a few times and The hard drive it is on is only about a year and a half old, and I can play the other games (Some of which are four to seven years older than Horizon) which are on the same hard drive. So it is doubtful the hard
    drive is going out. If anyone has a remedy to this solution it would be appreciated if it were shared. It has been driving me up the wall for quite some time now. Thank you.

:)

Braveoyster368, Dec 19, 2017
  2. San Andreas marketplace download 'disc read error' message

Just downloaded GTA : SA Today Got halfway through intro "Disk Unreadable" Did everything "Disk Unreadable"

iGhp-52B65143-0EE1-41B0-AD67-08214644E986, Dec 19, 2017
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Downloaded unreadable disk

Try deleting the game, clear the cache, restart the console and then redownload it from your download history. You can access your download history by going to System>Accounts>Download History.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

onyxishere, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Unreadable disk error on downloaded copy?

Hello Braveoyster368!

Unfortunately, the only work around for digital version to work is to transfer your license to the console you're using it on. I'm not 100% sure on how it works through backwards compatibility, but this worked originally on the Xbox 360. Go ahead and delete
    the game from the console, transfer the license to the desired console you wish to play the game on then re-download it.

Ruinerwithteeth, Jan 4, 2018
  5. Im having the same problem? The problem is that the game is no longer available for download. So if you delete the game you loose it for good.

ClankyOyster82, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Ruinerwithteeth Win User

Hello Braveoyster368!

Unfortunately, the only work around for digital version to work is to transfer your license to the console you're using it on. I'm not 100% sure on how it works through backwards compatibility, but this worked originally on the Xbox 360. Go ahead and delete
    the game from the console, transfer the license to the desired console you wish to play the game on then re-download it.
  7. ClankyOyster82 Win User

Im having the same problem? The problem is that the game is no longer available for download. So if you delete the game you loose it for good.
  8. Pazzo2000 Leyla Win User

Unreadable (most likely scratched) disk

Unfortunately it stops copying on the HD because it says the disk is unreadable.
  9. iGhp-52B65143-0EE1-4 Win User

San Andreas marketplace download 'disc read error' message

Just downloaded GTA : SA Today Got halfway through intro "Disk Unreadable" Did everything "Disk Unreadable"
  10. Wiseguy-ED8B5E1D-13A Win User

Skyrim: 1.Clean the disc with a soft cloth 2. Restart the console error and online and offline at random points freezes

I just got the same disk unreadable error when trying to load or continue as well. I ended up copying the latest game save to a USB drive and loading from that and it worked.
Thema:

1. Unreadable disk error on downloaded copy? - Similar Threads - Unreadable disk error

2. Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...: Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i need help pls. by 5f17215b-1c92-4aeb-a266-cddb5f0e3f6e
  3. Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...: the title sums it up pretty much. after a local multiplayer match ends, the game tries to go back to the match settings screen but crashes afterwards giving the error message “The disc is...
  4. Is there a way to fix unreadable disc for Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to fix unreadable disc for Xbox series X: I bought dead island 2 but my Xbox doesn't recognize the disc nothing pops up at all when it's inserted but it works on my older console I've even bought a second disc to see if the disc is the...
  5. Xbox series s. It says I have 1 unread message it has been there for about 3 years.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s. It says I have 1 unread message it has been there for about 3 years.: It started when I moved my account from 1 xbox one s to another and it says I have 1 unread message. I've tried everything nothing works im now on a series s and it is still here....
  6. Xbox One Messaging Showing 6 Unread when there are no messages.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Messaging Showing 6 Unread when there are no messages.: My xbox is saying i have 6 unread messages when i have no unread messages to view. i have cleared all chat requests, and my message queue only goes back to 10 month old messages, and have removed...
  7. My Xbox says that there is a message that is unread and it will not go away. How do I get...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox says that there is a message that is unread and it will not go away. How do I get...: So my Xbox One S 2 years ago got a message notification icon on the "Parties & chat" tab. This icon has never left. At first, I read on the forums that to wait and it would just go away in a week...
  8. Xbox Series X- I have a notification for a unread chat.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X- I have a notification for a unread chat.: I have deleted all chats across all devices and apps. I still have 1 notification that will not go away. This happened after the recent update. It’s happened to multiple people in my friend list....
  9. Xbox says I have 3 unread messages but I don't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox says I have 3 unread messages but I don't?: My account says I have 3 unread messages that don't seem to pop up. It does this on all 3 consoles I have in the house. I've checked my 360 account and there aren't any messages on there. I've...
  10. Xbox One APP shows unread messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One APP shows unread messages: The app on my iPhone shows that there is one unread message. I have gone into my online account and checked to see if there is anything there and there are no messages in my box. It seems to be a...