Unreadable Disk... But no Disk?!

Discus and support Unreadable Disk... But no Disk?! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The game starts up. But I can't get past the main menu without the console saying "Disk Unreadable" But I downloaded the game from the Xbox Store.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HumanPompano197, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Unreadable Disk... But no Disk?!

The game starts up. But I can't get past the main menu without the console saying "Disk Unreadable"

But I downloaded the game from the Xbox Store. There is no disk to 'not read'

Help please.

:)

HumanPompano197, Sep 2, 2017
  2. Can't play

I downloaded gears of war off of the marketplace, but it says disk is unreadable. There is no disk. What do I do?

The platypus gi, Sep 2, 2017
  3. San Andreas marketplace download 'disc read error' message

Just downloaded GTA : SA Today Got halfway through intro "Disk Unreadable" Did everything "Disk Unreadable"

iGhp-52B65143-0EE1-41B0-AD67-08214644E986, Sep 2, 2017
  4. Unreadable Disk... But no Disk?!

I take it you are having problems on the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim? Your Gamertag suggests so.

There is a disc to read, the hard disk where the game is installed. The Xbox 360 has a very limited OS, and there has never been a specific read error for hard drive read failures. This is why, even if the game you are having problems with is a download,
    it will still give the same error as it does when it has issues reading a Xbox 360 game disc.

Either your game is corrupt or there is something physically wrong with the hard drive. A possible fix is to delete the game and download it again, but downloading something else first. Go to the store and download a demo - one at least 1GB. When this has
    downloaded, download Skyrim again. This will move Skyrim to another part of the Xbox 360 hard drive. You can delete the demo game, but only after you have downloaded Skyrim again.

If you are still having problems after this, you'll need to replace the hard drive unit.

Obsessive Power, Jan 11, 2018
  5. OKGo Joshie Win User

"Unrecognisable Disc" (03-80-00) Problem

i have battlefield 3 and when i put in the disk it would say unreadable disk and sometimes it would say play disk, and when i played the disk it would say "disk is unreadable" can somebody HELP
  6. iGhp-52B65143-0EE1-4 Win User

San Andreas marketplace download 'disc read error' message

Just downloaded GTA : SA Today Got halfway through intro "Disk Unreadable" Did everything "Disk Unreadable"
  7. Toad 004 Win User

backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

I take it you are having problems on the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim? Your Gamertag suggests so.

There is a disc to read, the hard disk where the game is installed. The Xbox 360 has a very limited OS, and there has never been a specific read error for hard drive read failures. This is why, even if the game you are having problems with is a download,
    it will still give the same error as it does when it has issues reading a Xbox 360 game disc.

Either your game is corrupt or there is something physically wrong with the hard drive. A possible fix is to delete the game and download it again, but downloading something else first. Go to the store and download a demo - one at least 1GB. When this has
    downloaded, download Skyrim again. This will move Skyrim to another part of the Xbox 360 hard drive. You can delete the demo game, but only after you have downloaded Skyrim again.

If you are still having problems after this, you'll need to replace the hard drive unit.
  9. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Disk unreadable

Disk Unreadable is not necessarily a console issue.... try letting the disk spin until it stops while still staying at the menu. Also, check whether it's just the one disk.
Thema:

1. Unreadable Disk... But no Disk?! - Similar Threads - Unreadable Disk Disk

2. Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...: Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i need help pls. by 5f17215b-1c92-4aeb-a266-cddb5f0e3f6e
  3. Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...: the title sums it up pretty much. after a local multiplayer match ends, the game tries to go back to the match settings screen but crashes afterwards giving the error message “The disc is...
  4. Is there a way to fix unreadable disc for Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to fix unreadable disc for Xbox series X: I bought dead island 2 but my Xbox doesn't recognize the disc nothing pops up at all when it's inserted but it works on my older console I've even bought a second disc to see if the disc is the...
  5. Xbox series s. It says I have 1 unread message it has been there for about 3 years.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s. It says I have 1 unread message it has been there for about 3 years.: It started when I moved my account from 1 xbox one s to another and it says I have 1 unread message. I've tried everything nothing works im now on a series s and it is still here....
  6. Xbox One Messaging Showing 6 Unread when there are no messages.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Messaging Showing 6 Unread when there are no messages.: My xbox is saying i have 6 unread messages when i have no unread messages to view. i have cleared all chat requests, and my message queue only goes back to 10 month old messages, and have removed...
  7. My Xbox says that there is a message that is unread and it will not go away. How do I get...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox says that there is a message that is unread and it will not go away. How do I get...: So my Xbox One S 2 years ago got a message notification icon on the "Parties & chat" tab. This icon has never left. At first, I read on the forums that to wait and it would just go away in a week...
  8. Xbox Series X- I have a notification for a unread chat.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X- I have a notification for a unread chat.: I have deleted all chats across all devices and apps. I still have 1 notification that will not go away. This happened after the recent update. It’s happened to multiple people in my friend list....
  9. Xbox says I have 3 unread messages but I don't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox says I have 3 unread messages but I don't?: My account says I have 3 unread messages that don't seem to pop up. It does this on all 3 consoles I have in the house. I've checked my 360 account and there aren't any messages on there. I've...
  10. Xbox One APP shows unread messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One APP shows unread messages: The app on my iPhone shows that there is one unread message. I have gone into my online account and checked to see if there is anything there and there are no messages in my box. It seems to be a...