Unnecessary Messaging

Discus and support Unnecessary Messaging in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; if you're just gonna ban people from talking because they trashed talked then why have messaging even put into the console? Y'all obviously know people... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Grippa-[xboxvenue], Apr 16, 2017.

  1. Unnecessary Messaging


    if you're just gonna ban people from talking because they trashed talked then why have messaging even put into the console? Y'all obviously know people are gonna trash talk, it's a game. Everyone trash talks I'm a game, whether it's console or outside activities.
    Especially when playing a very competitive game that involves teamwork, and if your team doesn't contribute and they do the opposite then you're obviously going to message them about it.

    :)
     
    Grippa-[xboxvenue], Apr 16, 2017
    #1
  2. Unnecessary

    Allow the game to fully download/install/update before launching it. There's really no other way around it, unfortunately.

    Personally, I don't trust the feature where it lets you launch the game early while it's still downloading, so I would ignore it when it pops up. Go to the "My Games & Apps" menu so you can watch the game's installation progress.
     
    Internet Expert, Apr 16, 2017
    #2
  3. Unnecessary

    Whilst I understand the frustration, as others have pointed out, updates/downloads are unavoidable... that being said, the base problem falls back to internet connection speed. I've rarely waited more than about 20 minutes for a game to update, depending
    on the file size and I just have average (150dn/15up) internet service.

    Also, using the console's "Instant On" feature in conjunction with going into settings and making sure that the "Keep games/apps up to date" radio button is ticked will allow the console to update games automatically while it's "turned off". Since I've been
    using that feature, it's been a pretty long time since I've even had to wait for an update to a game.
     
    A Blue Illusion, Apr 16, 2017
    #3
  4. Unnecessary Messaging

    .-. At least we all learned a lesson
     
    Its FearTheBear, Jan 9, 2018
    #4
  5. Its FearTheBear Win User

    Unnecessary Messaging

    .-. At least we all learned a lesson
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

    Unnecessary

    PS4 works in exactly the same way.

    Just the way consoles are these days.
  7. A Blue Illusion Win User

    Unnecessary

    Whilst I understand the frustration, as others have pointed out, updates/downloads are unavoidable... that being said, the base problem falls back to internet connection speed. I've rarely waited more than about 20 minutes for a game to update, depending
    on the file size and I just have average (150dn/15up) internet service.

    Also, using the console's "Instant On" feature in conjunction with going into settings and making sure that the "Keep games/apps up to date" radio button is ticked will allow the console to update games automatically while it's "turned off". Since I've been
    using that feature, it's been a pretty long time since I've even had to wait for an update to a game.
  8. Internet Expert Win User

    Unnecessary

    Allow the game to fully download/install/update before launching it. There's really no other way around it, unfortunately.

    Personally, I don't trust the feature where it lets you launch the game early while it's still downloading, so I would ignore it when it pops up. Go to the "My Games & Apps" menu so you can watch the game's installation progress.
  9. Njal the Blue Win User

    Unnecessary

    Physical disks games just aren't capable of holdihg all the data. Downloads are necessary as most games have day one patch updates.
Thema:

Unnecessary Messaging

Loading...
  1. Unnecessary Messaging - Similar Threads - Unnecessary Messaging

  2. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...
  3. My messages system is not updates or mark read once read it

    in XboX Insiders
    My messages system is not updates or mark read once read it: Title says it all. It will not update when send a new message. Or mark read once I read it submitted by /u/Dakrkplayer2 [link] [comments]
  4. I know people would probably react to this message angrily, but Xbox should primarily bring...

    in XboX Insiders
    I know people would probably react to this message angrily, but Xbox should primarily bring...: I want to see a 2nd comeback kinect if possible especially with the tech we have now I believe it'd be easier to make it work and yes I know if some existing games need support it would need to be...
  5. Repeated “Dummy Braze Test Message” notifications in Xbox app (iOS)

    in XboX Insiders
    Repeated “Dummy Braze Test Message” notifications in Xbox app (iOS): Hi, Today I received the following notification 12 times in a row in the Xbox iOS app: “Mobile Test Message – This is a dummy message sent via Braze…” It seems like a test push notification...
  6. Messages not sending in Xbox app

    in XboX Insiders
    Messages not sending in Xbox app: Xbox app will not allow me to send messages I’ve tried multiple devices different networks and still will not work submitted by /u/CandidateOrnery469 [link] [comments]
  7. Media idea for xbox feed and messages

    in XboX Insiders
    Media idea for xbox feed and messages: Can we find a way for a update to be made so we can send and post videos and maybe even make like status up dates like fb can I would love to send my friends videos on xbox like memes and stuff as...
  8. Error message when logging into Xbox app

    in XboX Insiders
    Error message when logging into Xbox app: After entering my password in the Xbox iOS app, the app asks if I want to use Face ID to login. Regardless of what I choose, it then takes me to a page that says “This site is temporarily...
  9. Something went wrong message when trying to log into Xbox? Anyone else having this issue?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Something went wrong message when trying to log into Xbox? Anyone else having this issue?: Keep getting an error message saying “something went wrong, please try again later” when trying to sign it. Reset the Xbox and still having an issue 8fe267d8-f6dd-4903-9c3b-f5bb48848036
  10. Lots of "something went wrong" messages and controller disconnection

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of "something went wrong" messages and controller disconnection: Hi. I'm using 100Mbps fiber internet in my home and my wireless is 5Ghz. I have not any issues with internet connection on my lots of consumer devices (my 2 Pcs, my laptop, my Quest 3 VR headset,...