() Unknown Available, Can't Install Games

Discus and support () Unknown Available, Can't Install Games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying for days to download games, but I keep getting this message, and it won't let me press the "Install" button. I've tried reinstalling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sconxx, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Sconxx
    Sconxx Guest

I've been trying for days to download games, but I keep getting this message, and it won't let me press the "Install" button.

I've tried reinstalling Game Services, reinstalling the Xbox app, restarting my PC, logging out and logging back into the Xbox app, and pretty much everything else I can think of. I assume there's no path I can select, but I'm unsure how to fix that. I could be wrong, and it could be something entirely else. I am very much no tech expert.

() Unknown Available, Can't Install Games [​IMG]

:)

Sconxx, Nov 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sconxx

When you reinstalled gaming services, may I know if you deleted the registry keys associated with gaming services in the middle of the process?

If not, please give it a try:

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following commands and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

If that’s doesn’t work try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there

https://support.microsoft.com/windows/create-a-...
  3. MadBrit2K5 Win User

Did you ever get this fixed ?

I have the same issue on multiple devices but nothing works - must be something on MS side?

Very frustrating
  4. Sconxx Win User

I've tried doing that already. Thank you for your help though!
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Sconxx
    The issue persist even with a new user?

If that’s the case, please try this:

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one causing conflicts
    Make sure to turn off temporarily automatic updates

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

2. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

3. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (is not the same as the regular windows update via settings, and don't worry your content will remain)

If you’re on Windows 11

Windows 10
  6. Machinomancr Win User

Do I need a fresh install of windows as I keep getting 'unknown available' when trying to download a particular game?

Thema:

1. () Unknown Available, Can't Install Games - Similar Threads - Unknown Available Can't

2. Unknown charge in back account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charge in back account: I have an unknown charge for 117.69 taken from my bank account. I don't have any subscriptions on my account showing what this charge is for. a42c8fc9-8cad-4195-853d-53f5f6e5efc9
  3. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  4. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  5. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  6. Xbox X is showing online unknown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X is showing online unknown: I tried restarting it, un plugging it and leaving it there for a minute and turn it on, I even logged off my WiFi and reconnected to it, nothing is working, help please....
  7. "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)": I installed Sniper elite 5 from the xbox app on gamepass onto my windows 10 pc yet it shows this error. I have been on xbox app and used the verify and repair option but still the same error...
  8. "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)": Yet another game I have installed from Xbox app gamepass to my windows 10 pc that fails to run. I installed Hell Let Loose from gamepass in the xbox app to my windows 10 pc yet when I attempt to...
  9. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) when I plug in my Gulikit King Kong 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) when I plug in my Gulikit King Kong 2...: NVM. I fixed the problem by factory resetting the controller. Yesterday I was trying to put my Gulikit King Kong 2 Pro controller in update mode, and it turned off and wouldn't come back on again....
  10. Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account: I have Just linked my Microsoft account to my sons nintendo switch so he could join his friends on minecraft, but when singed in there's a linked xbox live account that has never belonged to me!...