() Unknown Available, Can't Install Games

Discus and support () Unknown Available, Can't Install Games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying for days to download games, but I keep getting this message, and it won't let me press the "Install" button. I've tried reinstalling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sconxx, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Sconxx
    Sconxx Guest

I've been trying for days to download games, but I keep getting this message, and it won't let me press the "Install" button.

I've tried reinstalling Game Services, reinstalling the Xbox app, restarting my PC, logging out and logging back into the Xbox app, and pretty much everything else I can think of. I assume there's no path I can select, but I'm unsure how to fix that. I could be wrong, and it could be something entirely else. I am very much no tech expert.

() Unknown Available, Can't Install Games [​IMG]

:)

Sconxx, Nov 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sconxx

When you reinstalled gaming services, may I know if you deleted the registry keys associated with gaming services in the middle of the process?

If not, please give it a try:

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following commands and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

If that’s doesn’t work try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there

https://support.microsoft.com/windows/create-a-...
  3. Sconxx Win User

I've tried doing that already. Thank you for your help though!
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Sconxx
    The issue persist even with a new user?

If that’s the case, please try this:

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one causing conflicts
    Make sure to turn off temporarily automatic updates

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

2. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

3. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (is not the same as the regular windows update via settings, and don't worry your content will remain)

If you’re on Windows 11

Windows 10
  5. Alp Eren SUKAS Win User

Unknown Available

[​IMG]

But I installed that games without problem. After I gave my account to my brother I saw that problem. Is that the reason?
  6. Carlos MaxCosta Win User

Unknown Available

Thema:

1. () Unknown Available, Can't Install Games - Similar Threads - Unknown Available Can't

2. Gamepass PC app - Unknown Available.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass PC app - Unknown Available.: As with others and most, When i try to install a game via Gamepass PC App, I receive the following: [img] When I go into the settings, I see this: [img] I can't change anything on where...
  3. Can't install games with xbox app, "unknown available" in select game file location when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games with xbox app, "unknown available" in select game file location when...: When I try to install any game on the xbox app, it just says "unknown available" in the select game file location area. [img] I've tried some stuff I found online like uninstalling and...
  4. Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime...: I am trying to re-install Slime Rancher on the Xbox app, and when I went to install it, it didn't work and said that it was trying to install the game to "Unknown available". I looked at the Xbox...
  5. How can I fix the "unknown available" problem with installing games on xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the "unknown available" problem with installing games on xbox app?: On the xbox app on my computer, I haven't been able to install any game pass games. When I click install, it shows me this: [img] I have tried: 1. Reinstalling the xbox app 2....
  6. Do I need a fresh install of windows as I keep getting 'unknown available' when trying to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need a fresh install of windows as I keep getting 'unknown available' when trying to...: The problem stems to one particular game. I've tryed everything that was suggested. However it still doesn't work. adaae3c5-dee3-4f1a-9df7-77feb8078e2f
  7. When I try to install a game from Xbox Pc game pass it says "unknown available"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to install a game from Xbox Pc game pass it says "unknown available": [img] I have already tried to fix it using the PowerShell method and going through the registry. I could have done something wrong but I've done both twice and used multiple sources. I know my...
  8. Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass: This is frustrating. I was able to install a few games six months ago. However, when I tried to install more games this week, I get this error. This error was documented in 2019, but the link to...
  9. Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass: [img] its say Can't select drive "unknown available" bc000428-24f3-4e2c-ab97-90b34f20f82c
  10. Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't select drive "unknown available" error PC Game Pass: Hey folks! Hoping someone can help with this! Trying to install gears 5 via PC xbox app, D: is my secondary drive for storage and game installs, boot drive being a 250gb nmve. Until today I've...