Unknown account and Parental Settings

Discus and support Unknown account and Parental Settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received a new xbox one for christmas and as i was setting up my system, i stumbled upon a problem with something as i was trying to buy an item for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DylanB53, Dec 27, 2015.

1. DylanB53
    DylanB53 Guest

I received a new xbox one for christmas and as i was setting up my system, i stumbled upon a problem with something as i was trying to buy an item for my xbox. As i was attempting to by this item, a notification popped up on my screen telling me that
    i was not permitted to purchase this item because a parent was not signed in at the time. it told me to got to the settings page and as i did, i followed all of the the steps and procedures as guided but i was not able to do anything because a parent had to
    be signed in. Even though i changed the year on my account to make me 18 years of age, it still wouldn't get rid of the parental account that was somehow applied.

Please help me with this problem and if what i explained dosen't make sense, then please message me back and i will happily explain.

Thanks

:)

DylanB53, Dec 27, 2015
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Profiles XBOXONEX creation

Hi there,

if the account creating settings have been 'locked' by a parental account then that parental account needs to unlock that option.

Wrong password could be the cause. To be sure have the parental account owner log into their account at xbox.com and or account.microsoft.com.

If the parental account settings are unknown then please have the parental account owner try and recover the account settings via:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

Something that could be tried is sign out of the Child account and then signing in with the Parental account itself (assuming the parental account is still present)

Let us know the results

3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Impossibility to buy

Hi there,

I'm assuming it needs to be done via the parental account for your account but if that account is unknown to you, it might be best to contact Xbox Support, so they can check if and what the parental account is, that may help determine the steps that need
    to be taken.

It might also help to check some privacy settings at
    http://account.xbox.com/settings
    to see if that will trigger the steps needed.

To contact Xbox Support I suggest using the Phone option or Microsoft Support Chat via
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. When you created the account you put in an age. If the age that you entered was less than 18 and you are not yet 18 then you will need a parental account to change the settings for your tag.

Changing the age in your settings do not alter the actual age of the account and it must age normally until it reaches the age of 18 according to the birthdate your originally entered.

After that you can promote the account to adult.

onyxishere, Dec 27, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. When you created the account you put in an age. If the age that you entered was less than 18 and you are not yet 18 then you will need a parental account to change the settings for your tag.

Changing the age in your settings do not alter the actual age of the account and it must age normally until it reaches the age of 18 according to the birthdate your originally entered.

After that you can promote the account to adult.
  6. WPAK Win User

Profiles XBOXONEX creation

Hi there,

if the account creating settings have been 'locked' by a parental account then that parental account needs to unlock that option.

Wrong password could be the cause. To be sure have the parental account owner log into their account at xbox.com and or account.microsoft.com.

If the parental account settings are unknown then please have the parental account owner try and recover the account settings via:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

Something that could be tried is sign out of the Child account and then signing in with the Parental account itself (assuming the parental account is still present)

Let us know the results
  7. WPAK Win User

Impossibility to buy

Hi there,

I'm assuming it needs to be done via the parental account for your account but if that account is unknown to you, it might be best to contact Xbox Support, so they can check if and what the parental account is, that may help determine the steps that need
    to be taken.

It might also help to check some privacy settings at
    http://account.xbox.com/settings
    to see if that will trigger the steps needed.

To contact Xbox Support I suggest using the Phone option or Microsoft Support Chat via
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  8. DigitalAssassin Win User

parent account settings

Hey mate, I believe you must get in contact with Xbox phone support and have them help you disabled the parental lock:
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
  9. Jennos Win User

Parental email unknown!

Please refrain from giving out personal information over the internet, you don't know what lurks out here. If you are of age (meaning 18 yrs or older) you can promote your account following the steps here:

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
    . If not you will need to contact Xbox Support at 1-800-469-9269.
Thema:

1. Unknown account and Parental Settings - Similar Threads - Unknown account Parental

2. Unknown charged in my bank account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charged in my bank account.: Hello upon checking my bank account I was charged $1 dollar multiple times. I Dont purchased anything. 2a9a3f07-33bd-40f2-adfd-1218c0fdca29
  3. Unknown charge in back account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charge in back account: I have an unknown charge for 117.69 taken from my bank account. I don't have any subscriptions on my account showing what this charge is for. a42c8fc9-8cad-4195-853d-53f5f6e5efc9
  4. Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account: I have Just linked my Microsoft account to my sons nintendo switch so he could join his friends on minecraft, but when singed in there's a linked xbox live account that has never belonged to me!...
  5. An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.: Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account. And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw the bot on other servers before so I thought...
  6. Is it possible to unlink an unknown epic account from my Xbox live account? Cuz epic is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to unlink an unknown epic account from my Xbox live account? Cuz epic is...: Can’t unlink unknown epic acc from my Xbox live, and epic support won’t respond (been weeks) 77f9286e-78ea-4f4a-8457-edd56252e8f3
  7. Lost account microsoft unknown reasons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost account microsoft unknown reasons: 1 or 2 years ago i lost an microsoft account for reasons unknown to me. there was a minecraft java edition and i lost access to it. i have confirmation of the transaction that i bought it. i realy...
  8. Access to account lost, unknown email taken over

in XBoX Accessibility
    Access to account lost, unknown email taken over: Hi, Near the start of the year my Microsoft account connected to my xbox and pc (before I reset it and used a new account) was taken over by an unknown @rambler.ru email. I now cannot reset the...
  9. Unknown email addresses linked to my Microsoft account userid

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown email addresses linked to my Microsoft account userid: Hi I used a Microsoft link to check what my userid was for my Microsoft account (a live email account). It came back with my email address but said my account email was also associated with a...
  10. Recovery Email linked to unknown account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovery Email linked to unknown account?: Sorry if this comes off as long. I received an email that my Xbox live will be renewed soon through my recovery email (which used to be the primary for that account). I went to sign in to see if I...