() Unknow location in installation prompt - cannot install game

Discus and support () Unknow location in installation prompt - cannot install game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The installation prompt is stuck. I cannot move forward. I ran this command in PS but didn't hepl: get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices |... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yigit Alparslan, Nov 15, 2022.

1. () Unknow location in installation prompt - cannot install game

The installation prompt is stuck. I cannot move forward. I ran this command in PS but didn't hepl:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage -allusers

I also ran this command but it says command is not found:

() Unknow location in installation prompt - cannot install game [​IMG]

() Unknow location in installation prompt - cannot install game [​IMG]

:)

Yigit Alparslan, Nov 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Please try again “uninstalling” gaming services to see what happens:

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application and verify again

If you’re not able to see the notification, try running the Microsoft store command

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Yigit

If you open the Xbox app, are you not able to see a notification asking you to install gaming services or something like “missing components”?

If not, please try running this command instead on PowerShell as administrator

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Don’t worry if you see red messages, it’s normal.
    Once the command ends restart the PC and try again
  4. Yigit Alparslan Win User

I ran the command i stll see the () Unknown location message. I dont see any notifications asking me to install gaming services or something like “missing components”. The first time I saw it, but it asked for admin passwords and I closed it by mistake.
  5. Turv3y Win User

HD Texture PACK. How do I know I Downloaded it?

you litterally cannot miss the prompt to install this.
  6. Bartholomew Richter Win User

Gaming Services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Gaming Services will not install.

Richie, thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have tried these suggestions but I tried them again...

1. I ran the Troubleshooter and it found no issues.

2. Gaming services cannot be uninstalled as the box is greyed out. The only way that I have been able to uninstall gaming services is via the Powershell commands.

I have also found that xBox app cannot identify the default install location under Install Options.

So I have 3 notable issues, Gaming Services will not install (Error 0x8007007e), Gaming Services actual services will not start (Error 87), and XBox app cannot identify default installation location.
Thema:

1. () Unknow location in installation prompt - cannot install game - Similar Threads - Unknow location installation

2. I was banned off of Xbox for an unknowingly reason. I have tried to submit an appeal but to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was banned off of Xbox for an unknowingly reason. I have tried to submit an appeal but to...: My Account Was Banned for Apparently, "No Reason Provided". I am confused as to why i was permanently banned. Update: I waited awhile because i was finding possible ways to recover/unban my...
  3. When I had created my account I had unknowingly set incorrect country

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I had created my account I had unknowingly set incorrect country: Ok, newbie issue. Created a Microsoft account that I never really used then bought a Xbox, had loads of Xbox live credit from years past and added to my account. I had unknowingly set my location...
  4. Can I get a refund when I unknowingly bought a shark card for the wrong Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund when I unknowingly bought a shark card for the wrong Xbox?: Hey I unknowingly bought the wrong shark card for GTA online and I was really hopeing I could get a refund on it because I spent 90$ on it and it would be vary vary frustrating if I just gave away...
  5. Can I connect my old Microsoft account to a ps4 account after it was changed unknowingly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I connect my old Microsoft account to a ps4 account after it was changed unknowingly?: So I recently got Minecraft legends just to see what it was and I logged in with my main Microsoft email, however it changed what Microsoft account was connected to my ps4 account and I didn’t...
  6. Purchases made by unknow person refunds denied?

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchases made by unknow person refunds denied?: Thursday my bank called me with a fraud alert someone used my card to make 8 purchases. Upon further investigation it seemed someone accessed my microsoft account info and used my card to make...
  7. Outriders PC "Easy-Anti-Cheat" Unknow Version Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outriders PC "Easy-Anti-Cheat" Unknow Version Error: I am unable to finish start up of the Outriders PC game. Have tried multiple re-installs of both game files and "EasyAntiCheat" files, but still crashes after gamer log in and before game startup....
  8. forza horizon 4/3 an unknow error occurred

in XBoX on Windows
    forza horizon 4/3 an unknow error occurred: good night, i have my fh4 installed for a long time, but this week, when i tried to open my game, i logged in but the following message appears on the screen: an unknown error occurred, try again...
  9. Unknow status pls help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknow status pls help: It shows to me in my profile status unknown and when i join party it doesnt show the picture profile of my friends and when i click friends in games its says no friend currently playing and when i...
  10. Get serious prob with unknow report code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Get serious prob with unknow report code: When i launch my console i can't login to my account, i can't launch any apps or games and i can't even acces to the parameters. I have the following error code: When i launch a cd game...