Uninstalled Xbox App because it wasn't working, now I can't reinstall it.

Discus and support Uninstalled Xbox App because it wasn't working, now I can't reinstall it. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For a few days the Xbox app would hang when I tried to access most games, and wouldn't restart unless I restarted my PC. So I tried uninstalling the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AdamStrover, Nov 22, 2022.

1. AdamStrover
    AdamStrover Guest

For a few days the Xbox app would hang when I tried to access most games, and wouldn't restart unless I restarted my PC. So I tried uninstalling the app, and now I can't reinstall it.

I've tried downloading and running the XboxInstaller program from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc, and it seems to be working for a little while but then just crashes with no explanation. If I look at Event Viewer, I see these errors:

Uninstalled Xbox App because it wasn't working, now I can't reinstall it. [​IMG]

and

Uninstalled Xbox App because it wasn't working, now I can't reinstall it. [​IMG]

If I try to install the Xbox App from the Microsoft Store app it just hangs, and I get this error in Event Viewer:

I've tried every solution listed at https://windowsreport.com/xbox-app-windows-10-wont-open/ and it still won't install.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

:)

AdamStrover, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Adam, based on your report, I believe that the method that would solve your problem more quickly is to perform an Inbound.

Download the Windows ISO from this website.

http://aka.ms/DownloadW10ISO. Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Windows 11

1- Open the file then click “YES”

2 - You will see “Getting a few things ready” Please give it time.

3 - Click I accept

4 - Under “ what do you want to do?” Choose “Create installation media”

5 - You can select language or keep it as is

6 - Under “choose which media to use” pick “ ISO file”

7 - Choose on which folder you want it to be

8 – Click on “Finish”

9 – Locate where you want to download the folder

8 – Open the folder and click on “Setup” at the bottom

9 – Click YES, and then NEXT

10 – Let it run all the needed updates and then click on ACCEPT (Getting updates)

11 – Click INSTALL

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. PhysicalSky128 Win User

Link for Batman Arkham Knight is not leading to game in store and game not showing in xbox store.

I have the same problem. The game stopped working, so I uninstalled it and was planning on reinstalling it because that usually works but when I went to reinstall it, it wasn't in my games and apps or even in the store
  4. chulo tortazo Win User

Youtube no longer opens.

I got YouTube app to uninstall / reinstall, but now it doesn't even open up to the red screen and then time out, like it was doing before. I select the app, hear the Xbox chime and then... nothing. Can't force close the app. No point in uninstalling again,
    because that accomplishes nothing.

So frustrating. GET THIS FIXED!
  5. Hunter Emu Win User

Forza 3 Warthog not appearing in ready to install

Same... redeemed code, not showing up in game so thought maybe uninstall and reinstall but can't find it in order to reinstall... also deleted message because I wasn't expecting problem
  6. Default_62162 Win User

Why does my spotify change languages?

So so so sorry for the late reply, I wasn't on my Xbox all day. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it seems to work now, Thanks for waiting!
Thema:

1. Uninstalled Xbox App because it wasn't working, now I can't reinstall it. - Similar Threads - Uninstalled App wasn't

2. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  3. Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall: Getting an error message when trying to install xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 c10dd042-6aa7-44a4-a8de-03843f3290c3
  4. Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...: I was following a fix for the Xbox apps/microsoft stores gaming services not functioning and it said to delete gaming services from regedit. After doing this my pc has had problems such as in the...
  5. The xbox app will not reinstall after uninstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The xbox app will not reinstall after uninstalling: I am a PC gamer and the other day I was playing with my friends using the Xbox game bar and app while talking to them in a party. Then the next day the apps would not open, I stopped the processes...
  6. Xbox app uninstalled my game? (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app uninstalled my game? (Windows 11): Ive been experiencing difficulties updating and installing games (both of which are usually stuck at 0%) and after updating the xbox app, the game i was trying to update (Forza Horizon 5) had been...
  7. Xbox app on PC is uninstall the game right.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on PC is uninstall the game right.: I just uninstalled Age of Empire 4 from game pass PC, The game is about 84 GB big, but after uninstallation, there are still about 30GB missing from the hard drive, when I try to install back the...
  8. How Do I uninstall this app.

in XBoX on Windows
    How Do I uninstall this app.: I cannot uninstall this app from my computer. Every time I try it doesn't work. 0916cddf-6c0e-44a6-96fc-649c383e68e2
  9. Any way to cancel an update without uninstalling the app entirely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to cancel an update without uninstalling the app entirely?: I’m trying to cancel an update so I can play this game offline but I have no way of canceling the update without uninstalling the entire game. I have no internet service where I am currently at...
  10. my xbox pc app wont update or install/uninstall games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox pc app wont update or install/uninstall games: hi I've tired to update several games and install new ones recently however most are stuck installing some at 100% I've tried resetting the store. The Xbox app. the gaming service. and even the...