Uninstalled Halo: MCC on my laptop, but the it doesn't show it reclaimed storage space.

Discus and support Uninstalled Halo: MCC on my laptop, but the it doesn't show it reclaimed storage space. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title says, I recently uninstalled Halo: The Master Chief Collection from my laptop but when I looked at its storage properties it shows that it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ScrewbyAlpha, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ScrewbyAlpha
    ScrewbyAlpha Guest

Uninstalled Halo: MCC on my laptop, but the it doesn't show it reclaimed storage space.

As the title says, I recently uninstalled Halo: The Master Chief Collection from my laptop but when I looked at its storage properties it shows that it hasn't freed up that storage space. I even uninstalled the Xbox app to see if that it would do anything, but it hasn't.

Any way to fix this? Help would be appreciated!

:)

ScrewbyAlpha, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Lunarr_Eclipse Win User

I'm just going to go on a record a say that i deleted Sunset overdrive and it didn't change either i think it is because the storage is to small to change the main percentage but it changed your overall storage space if that makes sense
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Halo 1 requires 182 GB to install?

it is because its part of the halo MCC, you need the base part which is halo MCC then the individual games so it reserves space for them, halo 1 on pc for instance is 8.58GB and then add on the MCC base game it becomes 30.08GB.

halo mcc consists of all the games which take 142GB of space on pc so it saves this space aside, when you install hmcc and just one of the games which is also split into multiplayer and campaign it looks like it still reserves the space, this is what i have seen on xbox and gamepass pc, when i install via steam and just choose one of the games to be installed then the space taken is just by mcc and that one game.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install new mcc update

Hi

Sounds to me like you have an external hard drive, but the game is located on a drive without enough storage for the update.

Solution: Move Halo MCC to the drive with the free space. When it's done you can apply the update.
  5. Miss Diggz Win User

Halo: TMCC

Hey there ShadyxEminemXV,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. If you haven't already, what I would first suggest to do is to restart the Reclaimer (6th) mission on the Halo 4 campaign. To do this, head into the Reclaimer mission, press the Menu button,
    choose the option to restart the mission, and click yes.

If after trying those steps above didn't do the trick, I would then suggest these steps below.

• Uninstall Halo: MCC off your Xbox One console.
    • Power Cycle your Xbox One console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
    • Once your console is completely off, unplug the console from the power source and give it a few minutes.
    • Then, plug all the cords back in.
    • Once the console is back on, reinstall Halo: MCC.
    • Head to the Reclaimer (6th) mission on Halo 4 and try playing it as you normally would.
    Let us know how it goes. Thanks!
  6. gds1972 Win User

Opening up 25% of my 1TB hhd

Hi

It is possible you may have some legacy DLC download content left over from games that you may have uninstalled from your external hard drive that is no longer visible on the console.

If this is the case then you will need to wait for a few weeks for the new dashboard to be released and you will then be given the option in the storage section of setting to reclaim this space.
Thema:

1. Uninstalled Halo: MCC on my laptop, but the it doesn't show it reclaimed storage space. - Similar Threads - Uninstalled Halo MCC

2. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  3. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  4. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  5. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  6. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  7. How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?: How to remove/uninstall Game Bar? 77cfbfd5-1588-4d0f-b9c6-4c47ed899049
  8. How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?: I'm visiting my family for Christmas. We have been trying to figure out of why games are getting uninstall on their own in the Xbox One X when turning on the console(internal and external...
  9. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...
  10. Can't Install Halo Master Collection after uninstal. Windows 10 latest update.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Install Halo Master Collection after uninstal. Windows 10 latest update.: Hello to all, Few days ago I purchased Halo Master C, and could play over 2 hours. 2 days later the game would not load, so I uninstalled it and tried to install it again but the game wont...