Uninstalled games from Xbox Pass PC still takes 500 GB of space?

Discus and support Uninstalled games from Xbox Pass PC still takes 500 GB of space? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a problem. Today I noticed that something was taking space on my hard drive. I have installed games from steam and Epic games but I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FinnboyAO, Nov 25, 2022.

1. FinnboyAO
    FinnboyAO Guest

So I have a problem. Today I noticed that something was taking space on my hard drive. I have installed games from steam and Epic games but I calculated that those games cannot take more then 700 GB of space. Still I only got 300 GB left from mine 1,5 tB hard-drive.

Turns out that my uninstalled Xbox pass games take almost 500 GB of space. I read a little about it and it seems this is a "feature".

Tried deleting them but I have been denied access.

I can probably find a way to delete these but can I just delete the files that I know are from the games?

Is there any other way to get rid of these?

Uninstalled games from Xbox Pass PC still takes 500 GB of space? [​IMG]

:)

FinnboyAO, Nov 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, depending on what you delete this can cause problems with the Microsoft store:
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-msixvc-f...

Before trying that, can be a bit odd but disable Delivery optimization to see if that delete safely the unused space
    https://www.howtogeek.com/793154/turn-off-deliv...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Don't delete anything you don't know what it is

But the games should all be in the same folder, under reasonably obvious names
  4. FinnboyAO Win User

Hello and thanks for the quick reply!

Do you know if it's okay to delete things from the Windowsapp folder?

I'm pretty sure I can figure out which of these files are games just by looking at the size of the files but just in case.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Finnboyao

Try taking ownership of that folder (or the games inside that folder that you want to delete)

For that, please follow this article:
    https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-11-own-fol...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. EddieClifford Win User

Xbox one storage

My question: "The Xbox One is equipped with a 500-gigabyte (GB) internal hard drive. After typical format of a 500 GB drive, you get 465 real gigabytes, So user available space will probably be between 400-465 GB". Now with that in mind and considering
    the the only 3 games that I have downloaded are 25 - 30 GB (approx 90 gigs), the apps I have barely take up 600 MB:

Now with that in mind, how is it that I only have 310 GB storage space left out of let's just say 450 GB?

Are the demos that I have uninstalled really wiped from the HDD?
Thema:

1. Uninstalled games from Xbox Pass PC still takes 500 GB of space? - Similar Threads - Uninstalled games Pass

2. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  3. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  4. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  5. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  6. How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?: How to remove/uninstall Game Bar? 77cfbfd5-1588-4d0f-b9c6-4c47ed899049
  7. How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?: I'm visiting my family for Christmas. We have been trying to figure out of why games are getting uninstall on their own in the Xbox One X when turning on the console(internal and external...
  8. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...
  9. Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall: So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been...
  10. Why does my PC Game Pass game uninstall automatically?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my PC Game Pass game uninstall automatically?: So I've been playing Lies of P since it's become available on Game Pass, and really loving it. but for it keeps getting deleted off my PC and I have to install it again, it's happened like 4 or 5...