Unhappy About Updates!

Discus and support Unhappy About Updates! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I haven't owned a console since the Playstation 2, I was still in school and my parents bought it as a gift for christmas. Now I am a parent, I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BarrelCamp97939, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Unhappy About Updates!

I haven't owned a console since the Playstation 2, I was still in school and my parents bought it as a gift for christmas. Now I am a parent, I have been playing PC for the last decade or so and my son is really into the games I play and so on. I decided
    well, since he is so young it is better to buy a console, as I remembered consoles you basically just put the disc in and your are playing. BOY OH BOY has consoles changed... If I knew the hassles of performing a manual system update after downloading on my
    trusty PC, 3 gigs of download by the way, then after spending whole of boxing day downloading on my slow internet I put the game in... game wants to update 2gigs. I nearly f##%& threw the TV with the console remote. Sorry son, no games for you we will have
    to wait a decade to get into gaming. Consoles are REALLY not what they used to be, if I hadn't already spent the money I would've rather invested that money in a PC, higher learning curve but at least it is a use full learning curve.

Creating accounts, MUST CONNECT TO INTERNET, Massive Downloads (We don't all have google fibre lines) By the looks of it, this is not our last time stuck looking at the console waiting for the update to finish as there will be many more updates for the apparent
    unfinished games that are being shipped.

:)

BarrelCamp97939, Dec 26, 2017
  2. 'Blu-ray player' issues

Same here, Hey Microsoft, update your *** console, clearly you have many unhappy consumers! you should probably do something about it

CptCruelty2626, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Look at that STICKER!

Im not unhappy about the unboxing........... just thought the sticker was funny lol

XxXForGoteNXxX, Dec 26, 2017
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest

Unhappy About Updates!

Not sure why you bought an Xbox One X then? ( I assume you meant to post here in the Xbox One X forum)

In addition to downloading the game and any day one updates which is almost guaranteed, you'll also have to download 4K assets if you have a game that has been enhanced. These 4K updates are not optional and will automatically be placed in your update queue.
    Some games will exceed 100 GB when all is said and done.

Most of us here put our consoles into the Instant On mode which automatically downloads any available updates when we're asleep. but if your internet is bad its not going to matter as it will seem like an endless update.

[table][tr][td]Current download speed[/td][td]30-GB file[/td][td]40-GB file[/td][td]50-GB file[/td][td]60-GB file[/td][td]70-GB file[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 Mb/s[/td][td]33.3 hours[/td][td]44.4 hours[/td][td]55.6 hours[/td][td]66.7 hours[/td][td]77.8 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]5 Mb/s[/td][td]13.3 hours[/td][td]17.8 hours[/td][td]22.2 hours[/td][td]26.7 hours[/td][td]31.1 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]10 Mb/s[/td][td]6.7 hours[/td][td]8.9 hours[/td][td]11.1 hours[/td][td]13.3hours[/td][td]15.6 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]20 Mb/s[/td][td]3.3 hours[/td][td]4.4 hours[/td][td]5.6 hours[/td][td]6.7 hours[/td][td]7.8 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]50 Mb/s[/td][td]1.3 hours[/td][td]1.8 hours[/td][td]2.2 hours[/td][td]2.7 hours[/td][td]3.1 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]100 Mb/s[/td][td]0.7 hours[/td][td]0.9 hours[/td][td]1.1 hours[/td][td]1.3 hours[/td][td]1.6 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]200 Mb/s[/td][td]0.3 hours[/td][td]0.4 hours[/td][td]0.6 hours[/td][td]0.7 hours[/td][td]0.8 hours[/td][/tr][/table]

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Dec 27, 2017
  5. I had a 360 and was so used to playing games straight from the disc.

Upgraded to a One X, first game in was Halo 5, wow, a 107GB download, but luckily it only took 90 minutes through my broadband.

At least it gave me some time to get some housework done while I waited, lol

Paraffin Alien, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Have to say that I agree with this. Anyone who was into PC gaming likely realizes how fast the technology advances and how some things change. There's no way I'd just go out and buy anything, today, that is technologically advanced without doing at least
    some checking into how it functions... or perhaps better said... how it now functions vs how it once functioned if it's something I've owned in the past.

The Xbox One family of consoles is very online dependent and a slow internet connection will definitely hinder the performance. As Jersey said, instant on mode can diminish some of these issues and buying digital games typically means another large download,
    but at least the day 1 updates are included in the download. Of course, that doesn't help much for the day 1 update that the console itself requires. If you had done some checking into the Xbox One and found this forum before you made your purchase, most of
    us would've been happy to give a few tips on how to deal with these issues if you did decide to get the console. One of the most helpful tips I've seen for new XB1 buyers that want to give it to their children for a gift is to open up the packaging, take the
    console out at a time (and/or place) where their kid(s) won't be around and do the initial update, game updates. Then repackage it and wrap it or whatever before the big day comes around. Not meaning to be rude, just saying, a little research and a few questions
    goes a long way.

A Blue Illusion, Nov 1, 2018
  7. A Blue Illusion Win User

Unhappy About Updates!

Not sure why you bought an Xbox One X then? ( I assume you meant to post here in the Xbox One X forum)

In addition to downloading the game and any day one updates which is almost guaranteed, you'll also have to download 4K assets if you have a game that has been enhanced. These 4K updates are not optional and will automatically be placed in your update queue.

Most of us here put our consoles into the Instant On mode which automatically downloads any available updates when we're asleep. but if your internet is bad its not going to matter as it will seem like an endless update.

[table][tr][td]Current download speed[/td][td]30-GB file[/td][td]40-GB file[/td][td]50-GB file[/td][td]60-GB file[/td][td]70-GB file[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 Mb/s[/td][td]33.3 hours[/td][td]44.4 hours[/td][td]55.6 hours[/td][td]66.7 hours[/td][td]77.8 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]5 Mb/s[/td][td]13.3 hours[/td][td]17.8 hours[/td][td]22.2 hours[/td][td]26.7 hours[/td][td]31.1 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]10 Mb/s[/td][td]6.7 hours[/td][td]8.9 hours[/td][td]11.1 hours[/td][td]13.3hours[/td][td]15.6 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]20 Mb/s[/td][td]3.3 hours[/td][td]4.4 hours[/td][td]5.6 hours[/td][td]6.7 hours[/td][td]7.8 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]50 Mb/s[/td][td]1.3 hours[/td][td]1.8 hours[/td][td]2.2 hours[/td][td]2.7 hours[/td][td]3.1 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]100 Mb/s[/td][td]0.7 hours[/td][td]0.9 hours[/td][td]1.1 hours[/td][td]1.3 hours[/td][td]1.6 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]200 Mb/s[/td][td]0.3 hours[/td][td]0.4 hours[/td][td]0.6 hours[/td][td]0.7 hours[/td][td]0.8 hours[/td][/tr][/table]
    Have to say that I agree with this. Anyone who was into PC gaming likely realizes how fast the technology advances and how some things change. There's no way I'd just go out and buy anything, today, that is technologically advanced without doing at least
    some checking into how it functions... or perhaps better said... how it now functions vs how it once functioned if it's something I've owned in the past.

The Xbox One family of consoles is very online dependent and a slow internet connection will definitely hinder the performance. As Jersey said, instant on mode can diminish some of these issues and buying digital games typically means another large download,
    but at least the day 1 updates are included in the download. Of course, that doesn't help much for the day 1 update that the console itself requires. If you had done some checking into the Xbox One and found this forum before you made your purchase, most of
    us would've been happy to give a few tips on how to deal with these issues if you did decide to get the console. One of the most helpful tips I've seen for new XB1 buyers that want to give it to their children for a gift is to open up the packaging, take the
    console out at a time (and/or place) where their kid(s) won't be around and do the initial update, game updates. Then repackage it and wrap it or whatever before the big day comes around. Not meaning to be rude, just saying, a little research and a few questions
    goes a long way.
  8. Paraffin Alien Win User

Unhappy About Updates!

I had a 360 and was so used to playing games straight from the disc.

Upgraded to a One X, first game in was Halo 5, wow, a 107GB download, but luckily it only took 90 minutes through my broadband.

At least it gave me some time to get some housework done while I waited, lol
  9. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Unhappy About Updates!

10. T3chnlgydude Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 on PC

Interesting. So for now the controller wont work until the update is released?

Think there is going to be a lot of unhappy customers. Hope they update it soon :)
  11. XxXForGoteNXxX Win User

Look at that STICKER!

Im not unhappy about the unboxing........... just thought the sticker was funny lol
Thema:

Unhappy About Updates!

1. Unhappy About Updates! - Similar Threads - Unhappy Updates

2. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  3. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  4. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  6. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  7. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  8. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  9. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Core... I paid for it... I cannot play online. unhappy.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Core... I paid for it... I cannot play online. unhappy.: I recently intentionally downgraded from game pass ultimate to game pass core. the change went into affect today. I am unable to enter multiplayer... when I try i am forced into an advertisment...