Unformatted X360 Internal Hard Drive error

Discus and support Unformatted X360 Internal Hard Drive error in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I ran into this problem today. As soon as I started my X360 a window pop up telling me that there was an update that I needed to install to continue... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EdWyn80, Oct 23, 2018.

1. EdWyn80
    EdWyn80 Guest

I ran into this problem today. As soon as I started my X360 a window pop up telling me that there was an update that I needed to install to continue using Xbox Live. I click on yes and another box appeared telling me that I have no storage space to install
    the update when in fact I have a 500 gb Hard Drive. I went to my settings and checked my storage devices and it says Unformatted.

Is there a way to fix this? Can anyone help?

Unformatted X360 Internal Hard Drive error [​IMG]

:)

EdWyn80, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    Hardware difference between Slim 4 GB and 250 GB xbox?

The difference is the the 250Gb X360 has a 250Gb hard drive, and the 4Gb X360 has a 4Gb internal memory....and that is all. You can buy a 250Gb hard drive and install it into the 4Gb X360 if you want.

Dirty Loco, Oct 23, 2018
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Cant connect to Xbox live

[quote user="TiratoreCieco"]My internal hard drive shows as unformatted, i tried to format it but it keeps saying unformatted.[/quote]This means that your internal storage device has become corrupted.

The only resolution is to send your console in for a repair.

Please visit: Xbox Online Service Center
    to request an online repair.

Good luck!

taidara, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Unformatted X360 Internal Hard Drive error

I'm guessing you'll unfortunately just have to format it. Go back to the Storage devices screen you were on in that last picture and press Y to reformat the Hard Drive.

NathanielLarson, Oct 23, 2018
  5. EdWyn80
    EdWyn80 Guest
    But won't I will lose all my games and saves if I do that

And I should have also asked why did this happened. Anyone else has this problem?

EdWyn80, Oct 23, 2018
  6. Hey EdWyn80.

If you haven't yet, make sure the drive is securely connected. If it is, turn off the console, remove the drive, and reinsert it. Turn the console back on. If it is still saying unformatted then unfortunately the data on the drive has already been lost.
    You will need to format it in order to use it again.

If you don't have it set up, you may want to set up saving games to the cloud in case it occurs again. If it continues to happen you may want to consider replacing it as it is possible it's an issue with the drive itself.

I have not had it happen to me personally but it happened to one of my buddies and that's what he ended up needing to do. Not entirely sure what causes it. It could just be the hard drive is going bad.

NathanielLarson, Nov 5, 2018
  7. NathanielLarson Win User

Hey EdWyn80.

If you haven't yet, make sure the drive is securely connected. If it is, turn off the console, remove the drive, and reinsert it. Turn the console back on. If it is still saying unformatted then unfortunately the data on the drive has already been lost.
    You will need to format it in order to use it again.

If you don't have it set up, you may want to set up saving games to the cloud in case it occurs again. If it continues to happen you may want to consider replacing it as it is possible it's an issue with the drive itself.

I have not had it happen to me personally but it happened to one of my buddies and that's what he ended up needing to do. Not entirely sure what causes it. It could just be the hard drive is going bad.
  8. NathanielLarson Win User

I'm guessing you'll unfortunately just have to format it. Go back to the Storage devices screen you were on in that last picture and press Y to reformat the Hard Drive.
  9. EdWyn80 Win User

But won't I will lose all my games and saves if I do that

And I should have also asked why did this happened. Anyone else has this problem?
  10. Dirty Loco Win User

Hardware difference between Slim 4 GB and 250 GB xbox?

The difference is the the 250Gb X360 has a 250Gb hard drive, and the 4Gb X360 has a 4Gb internal memory....and that is all. You can buy a 250Gb hard drive and install it into the 4Gb X360 if you want.
  11. taidara Win User

Cant connect to Xbox live

[quote user="TiratoreCieco"]My internal hard drive shows as unformatted, i tried to format it but it keeps saying unformatted.[/quote]This means that your internal storage device has become corrupted.

The only resolution is to send your console in for a repair.

Please visit: Xbox Online Service Center
    to request an online repair.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Unformatted X360 Internal Hard Drive error - Similar Threads - Unformatted X360 Internal

2. Cannot connect to Xbox live for X360 backward compatibility games on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot connect to Xbox live for X360 backward compatibility games on Series X: Hello there, For all the xbox 360 games I run on my XSX I get an error connecting to the xbox lived in the emulator itself. First of all when I launch a game, I get "Getting your Xbox 360...
  3. Some X360 content not available for purchase on Xbox One/Series S/Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some X360 content not available for purchase on Xbox One/Series S/Series X: Some content is not available for purchase on Xbox One/Series S/Series X. Specifically the Wizard Tower DLC from Oblivion made me encounter this issue. Though the support team tells me it applies...
  4. I started getting error code 8015190A on both of my x360 consoles today when trying to sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I started getting error code 8015190A on both of my x360 consoles today when trying to sign...: It was working fine this morning but it seems like after I copied a game save from one console to put on the other it won't let me sign into xbox live any more. It will sign into xbox live without...
  5. Why I can not redeem my X360 Forza Horizon digital code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can not redeem my X360 Forza Horizon digital code?: Hello, I bought Forza Horizon digital code card few days ago( old stock from a library shop), and I was trying to redeem it in my account, and every time I enter the code, it shows that I am...
  6. X360 Dashboard On Series S

in XBoX on Windows
    X360 Dashboard On Series S: Hi. Is there a way to enter the X360 Dashboard On A Series S? I dont a 360 console so i would like to know eb1de153-e547-4c97-801d-426a8e527238
  7. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible X360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible X360 games: I'm having an issue where I can't access Xbox Live for X360 games while using my Xbox One. I've followed many of the threads from the past 4 years about this issue, most recently this one, as well...
  8. Unformat external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformat external hard drive: I accidentally formatted my external hard drive to xbox one use. It has movie and media files on it. My PC does not recognize it now. How do I format it back to normal?...
  9. External HDD - Unformat

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD - Unformat: To anyone that can help or give me any information would be greatly appreciated.... I lent my HDD to my nephew who has a Xbox 360 to play movies off it....for whatever reason it wasn't being able...
  10. How do you UNFORMAT an external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you UNFORMAT an external drive?: I have a 500gb drive I used to save all my Xbox One data while it was getting repaired... ...it got repaired. Now Id like to format it back so I can use it on my PC again...and I cant. The...