Unformatted Hard drive

Discus and support Unformatted Hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have had a xbox 360 for about a year. It has a 500gb memory. My sons were getting ready to play they got for Christmas and it said we needed to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BeefiestCoder99, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Unformatted Hard drive

We have had a xbox 360 for about a year. It has a 500gb memory. My sons were getting ready to play they got for Christmas and it said we needed to update Xbox live, when we clicked yes, it tells us that we need a storage device with at least 190 mb free
    space, I know for a fact that we have more than enough. So I went to storage and now it says unformatted. What is the problem or how can it be resolved?

:)

BeefiestCoder99, Dec 26, 2016
  2. cstruck32
    cstruck32 Guest
    Format Hard Drive

I'm having issues formatting my hard drive for the xbox 360S. Hard drive keeps showing up "unformatted" so I format the hard drive and nothing happens, Xbox keeps saying that it is unformatted. Any solutions to this problem??

cstruck32, Dec 26, 2016
  3. My Hard-Drive is "Unformatted?"

Edit: Xbox hard-drive is unformatted

Instinct Kreate, Dec 26, 2016
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.
  5. Instinct Kreate Win User

My Hard-Drive is "Unformatted?"

Edit: Xbox hard-drive is unformatted
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

brak połonczenia z xbox live [Translation: No xbox live połonczenia]

Hey there Fir! Are you saying that your hard drive is unformatted? When you go to System, then Storage does your Hard Drive read as unformatted? I'm trying to make sure I understand the situation.
  7. HassanB Win User

Unformatted hdd

Once a hard drive is coming up as "unformatted" that means that the Xbox 360 can no longer read the data that's on that hard drive.

You can try to remove the hard drive and place it back in the console and see if it makes any sort of difference. If it doesn't then that means that the data is already gone as there's no way to read data that's coming up are "unformatted" on a hard drive.

You'd need to format that hard drive in order for it to be readable again. If this happens again, it's likely an issue with the hard drive and it would need to be replaced.
  8. Iwan Dawson Win User

Update Failed PLEASE HELP! 3F4B Error Code

My hard-drive is in the console and i can access all the games files and apps etc. But as you said it says their is no hard-drive in the console. I dont think it says Unformatted anywhere when i go into Settings>System>Storage i cant find where is says Formatted/Unformatted
    it so im guessing it isnt unformatted.
Thema:

Unformatted Hard drive

1. Unformatted Hard drive - Similar Threads - Unformatted Hard drive

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  4. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  5. External hard disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disk: Hello everyone I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while. I've recently bought a new external hard...
  6. the refunding is too hard and actually impossible

in XBoX on Windows
    the refunding is too hard and actually impossible: i have gone on the https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders website and then the website that should work with the order number but the number it need is supposed to start with a G and the...
  7. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  8. Unformat external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformat external hard drive: I accidentally formatted my external hard drive to xbox one use. It has movie and media files on it. My PC does not recognize it now. How do I format it back to normal?...
  9. External HDD - Unformat

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD - Unformat: To anyone that can help or give me any information would be greatly appreciated.... I lent my HDD to my nephew who has a Xbox 360 to play movies off it....for whatever reason it wasn't being able...
  10. How do you UNFORMAT an external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you UNFORMAT an external drive?: I have a 500gb drive I used to save all my Xbox One data while it was getting repaired... ...it got repaired. Now Id like to format it back so I can use it on my PC again...and I cant. The...