Undreadable Disc when playing from Hard drive or USB for Just Cause 2

Discus and support Undreadable Disc when playing from Hard drive or USB for Just Cause 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I got the game Just Cause 2 as a free game of the month about 2 years ago and played it just fine until i deleted it to make room for another game.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MustardImp43858, Dec 25, 2017.

  1. Undreadable Disc when playing from Hard drive or USB for Just Cause 2


    Hi, I got the game Just Cause 2 as a free game of the month about 2 years ago and played it just fine until i deleted it to make room for another game. about a month ago i downloaded it again but about 10 minutes into the game a unreadable disc error pops
    out even though im playing from a hard drive. ive tried clearing cache and downloading and re downloading it many times none of this helped.

    :)
     
    MustardImp43858, Dec 25, 2017
    #1
  2. ghost gwc
    ghost gwc Guest
    A device containing required content has been removed

    -Delete the watch dogs from your hard disk.

    -Get a 8gb or 16gb USB disk.

    -Format it with the xbox.

    -Install disc 1 onto the usb drive

    -put in the disc 2 when prompted and the game will start.

    -when prompted use the hard disk for saved games.

    You should be operational.
     
    ghost gwc, Dec 25, 2017
    #2
  3. GazzHo
    GazzHo Guest
    Xbox 360 Freezing because of Saints Row 4

    Playing from disc, I've had a few crashes while going to the HUB only, or switching to missions in the HUB. The game hasn't crashed or frozen while playing or loading the game though. I'm using the 360 black 250GB drive model, I'm also saving/loading from
    a USB stick drive and not from the hard drive.
     
    GazzHo, Dec 25, 2017
    #3
  4. Omega Realities Win User

    desperately out of 360 space...

    I have a lot of games on usb drives. I just install the game to that usb drive and when the selection comes up I select the usb drive instead of the hard drive. Basically I play the game off the usb drive instead of the hard drive of disc drive.

    You just put in the selected drive when you want to play a certain game.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    What did you do while waiting for the game to install?

    [quote user="BlazedWithPower"]Any one else notice that it still spins the Play disc? Pointless waste of hard drive space. [/quote]

    It has to spin the play disc. The whole game is 16GB. You install the first 8GB from disc 2. The other 8GB streams from the play disc. Or you could do what I did, install the 'install disc' to hard drive and the play disc to a USB Flash drive.
  6. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

    GTA 5: Facing texture pop-ins, frame rate issues on my Xbox 360 4gb Slim

    Under settings > storage options the discs show as separate items from the save files so you should be able to delete disc 2. Rockstar designed GTAV to be installed on the hard drive which has faster access than USB. It would then load assets from the disc
    one install on the HDD and from the disc 2 Play at the same time to load assets as fast as possible. A USB drive will work it's just not as fast and you will get longer load times and pretty severe texture and model pop in.

    I honestly couldn't stand the game until I bought a USB drive to install the Play disc onto. That way disc one loaded assets from my HDD and the play disc installed onto USB drive. Benefit being while USB isn't as fast as the HDD it's a lot faster than the
    disc drive and even better quiet.

    The correct install is just disc one and disc 2 in the drive while playing.

    As for saves you can create a copy of them. If they are on your USB drive copy them to the internal memory unit and vice versa if they are on the internal memory unit. You can also choose to back them up to the cloud with gold where your console will keep
    a copy of the save on MS servers.
  7. ghost gwc Win User

    A device containing required content has been removed

    -Delete the watch dogs from your hard disk.

    -Get a 8gb or 16gb USB disk.

    -Format it with the xbox.

    -Install disc 1 onto the usb drive

    -put in the disc 2 when prompted and the game will start.

    -when prompted use the hard disk for saved games.

    You should be operational.
  8. alexwheeler Win User

    External HD for installing games

    Previous responses I agree with, however, on your point that your disc is scratched, like previously mentioned, you will still need the disc, but if your disc is scratched and you install it to the hard drive anyway, it may not be successful as some of the
    data will not be read by the console when installing to the hard drive, just like when playing the game from the scratched disc, some of the data will be missing or cant be read causing a crash etc.
Thema:

Undreadable Disc when playing from Hard drive or USB for Just Cause 2

Loading...
  1. Undreadable Disc when playing from Hard drive or USB for Just Cause 2 - Similar Threads - Undreadable Disc playing

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....