uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working

Discus and support uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X connected to a Yamaha receiver via HDMI. For months, it's worked perfectly with 7.1 uncompressed audio. Today, I suddenly had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BenHead, Jan 28, 2024.

  1. BenHead
    BenHead Guest

    uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working


    I have an Xbox Series X connected to a Yamaha receiver via HDMI. For months, it's worked perfectly with 7.1 uncompressed audio. Today, I suddenly had no sound.

    The receiver shows that it is getting a PCM audio stream, but there's only silence. The same thing happens if I pick any uncompressed audio format in the Xbox menu (7.1, 5.1, or stereo). However, if I choose Dolby Atmos, it works.

    In addition to trying different audio settings, I've tried power-cycling both the Xbox and the receiver.

    I prefer to use uncompressed because Atmos imparts noticeable audio lag. Any ideas what could be causing this, or a possible fix? Thanks.

    :)
     
    BenHead, Jan 28, 2024
    #1
  2. Djouada Fares Win User

    my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on

    I play on xbox series x the games that i mentioned works perfectly fine but suddenly at a certain point the controller stops working so im obliged to remove the battery from my controller and leave the game and i still can't find a solution
  3. SENATOR 265 Win User

    Does Microsoft have a plan to fix the "no audio" issues with the Xbox series x games?

    my xbox series X is playing up i have no game audio for xbox one and series X games, xbox 360 game worked fine, i reset my console kept games and apps and no audio still. i dunno ill call support when i can, Im using samesung 4k hdr qled tv and it worked fine a few hours ago and then just stopped. and last few months been having no menu sound and start up sound too issue now no games audio :(
  4. johnchoi3 Win User

    What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?

    I got my 2 channel DAC connection to xbox one x via optical out. It only works when audio setting is set to stereo uncompressed. The sampling rate shows 48k.
  5. FWKingSax99 Win User

    Xbox series x no sound

    My issue is the same. My additional input: I just bought the X-Box Series X 2 weeks ago. I transferred all my games over. At first, every game I tried worked fine. Then the system suddenly decided yesterday to upgrade the newer games to the Series X versions of the games. Every game that is older and doesn't have a Series X upgrade works perfectly. It's only the games that have upgraded to Series X versions of the games that have "no audio" issues.

    For reference, I do have a Samsung smart TV as well, a I've been reading other with this issue may also have. I have audio on the dashboard.

    Hoping for a fix soon. Thanks.
  6. DeclanBrooks Win User

    Xbox Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

    Small update - having updated the controller wirelessly yesterday evening with no result, I have seen a few suggestions of updating via usb cable. I’ve now updated the controller again via usb and when I plug the headset in now I get 1-2 seconds of sound
    before it cuts out the audio to my headset as well as the tv. I’m assuming it cuts out sound to the tv as the xbox sends it to the controller?

    The xbox is also recognising my voice through the mic as my name comes up in party overlay.
Thema:

uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working

Loading...
  1. uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - uncompressed audio Series

  2. Xbox audio party clarity setting

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox audio party clarity setting: Not sure if this is a bug but on the current beta ring build, or as a bug alone but I don’t have an option for clarity mode via audio or headset settings submitted by /u/FusionMythic [link]...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...
  5. Periodic audio stuttering/clipping

    in XboX Insiders
    Periodic audio stuttering/clipping: I have been experiencing audio stuttering / clipping issues today. I am curious if any others in the skip-ahead build are having this issue as well? I first noticed it while streaming a video...
  6. Party Audio in game clips heavily delayed

    in XboX Insiders
    Party Audio in game clips heavily delayed: Title. I’m very happy with the new update that allows party and game chat audio to be captured in game clips, however when I watch the clips back everyone’s voice is about 2-3 seconds delayed from...
  7. Xbox Series X not giving uncompressed audio as options via eArc setup

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not giving uncompressed audio as options via eArc setup: Xbox Series X connected to Epson LS12000 and Monolith HTP-1 via 8K HDMI cables. Xbox into HDMI 1 on LS12000. HTP-1 (eArc output) into HDMI 2 (eArc input) on LS12000. Cables are both connected...
  8. Xbox Series X audio stuck at Stereo Uncompressed when connected to TV

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X audio stuck at Stereo Uncompressed when connected to TV: Hardware TV: Samsung S90C 65" AV Receiver: Yamaha RX-V6A HDMI Cables: 48Gbps Ultra HD 8K HDMI Cable to the TV from the receiver. Original Xbox HDMI cable. Setup Receiver connected to the TV...
  9. PC GamePass Uncompressed Data Problem

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass Uncompressed Data Problem: Fact that the games I download from Gamepass are uncompressed causes time and internet loss. For example Atomic Heart In Microsoft Store download size is 76 GB. But the download size on Steam...
  10. Compressed screen won’t uncompress

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Compressed screen won’t uncompress: My xbox 360 has been on another tv before the one i have now and it shows black stripes on the sides of the screen and it is smushed into a box and won’t spread out. Is there a way to reset...