Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change. No notice or reason of this action

Discus and support Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change. No notice or reason of this action in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I need to know why my Gamer tag was change without my authorization or a notice from xbox? My gamer tag was not Vulgar/Offensive. I changed my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mrs&MrTovar, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change. No notice or reason of this action

Hello, I need to know why my Gamer tag was change without my authorization or a notice from xbox?

My gamer tag was not Vulgar/Offensive. I changed my original gamer tag to something available and claimed it but then after having that gamer tag for a while. it was change without my authorization or inform of this happening. I feel violated and I was not
    even worth given a reason for this. I Checked all spam/junk mail and transaction history and there ‘s no record of why my gamer tag was all of the sudden changed for a random name. So frustrating.

:)

Mrs&MrTovar, Apr 24, 2020
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

If it was changed by the Enforcement Team for whatever reason, then it should probably have some information at the enforcement website: https://enforcement.xbox.com/

It may be worth signing into your Xbox account at the enforcement website and see if it mentions any enforcement actions against your account on there.
  3. Mrs&MrTovar Win User

Thank you for your answer. I visited the link you gave me and it says I have a perfect record and my reputation is really good but there’s no reason of gamer tag change either
  4. Smwutches Win User

Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change

This forum is largely user based. You would have to continue working with phone support to try to get a refund.

Support sends people here on the belief that the enforcement team will issue a forced name change and you will be given a free change, but that is not the case. The enforcement team does issue forced name changes, but you cannot contact them directly to
    get one and forced changes are now given a randomly generated tag.
  5. TaborCrusher20 Win User

Also, I was told to post on this forum as Microsoft employee would respond to me or be able to help. If this forum is just user supported than this is not the place for my problem as only someone at microsoft can fix this.
  6. TaborCrusher20 Win User

I mentioned nothing of comprise. Someone, meaning possibly a friend or someone house sitting may have changed the GamerTag. I have no way of finding out who did it since it more than likely was done from the xbox. I had called on a ticket before this when
    one of my son's purchased a game. I got a refund on the game and asked that they account NOT have purchasing privileges. I was told at that time that it had been suspended and no further purchases could be made since MS has no alternate authentication mechanism
    aside from logging into that account; no parental controls.

So, since this account had credits on the account from gift cards submitted someone was able to make the change without any additional authentication on an account I was told no longer had purchasing rights. I want the $9.99 refunded and the GamerTag changed
    back to its previous one (TaborBoys) and purchasing privileges suspended for the account or some way to parental control it.
Thema:

1. Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change. No notice or reason of this action - Similar Threads - Unauthorized Gamer Tag

2. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  3. How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.: Trying to cancel an unauthorized account. Get full refund. Can't get ahold of a live person for help. Contacted bank. I've added a password as they wanted. They're asking for a pin. $1 charge, the...
  4. Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit: I have many of these unrecognized orders they show up as: " Status: Redeemed Total:$100 Order date: 00/00/00 Payment method: Redeemed code ". I never acquired and I was never notified about them....
  5. Unauthorized Charges for 10 months!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorized Charges for 10 months!!!!: I have unauthorized charges on my credit card that are not on my actual Microsoft account. Someone is using my card and I cannot find anywhere for anyone to help me. I cannot speak to anyone on...
  6. There are unauthorized gift purchases on my account dated for 12/14/2023.

in XBoX on Windows
    There are unauthorized gift purchases on my account dated for 12/14/2023.: There are unauthorized gift purchases on my account dated for 12/14/2023. All nine of the gifts sent for Mortal Kombat purchases are not authorized on this acct. The owners and users of this...
  7. How can I speak to a live agent due to unauthorized charges to my bank account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I speak to a live agent due to unauthorized charges to my bank account: There were chargers made to my account 32e46896-9b5c-441b-9005-ed922cfc5c7a
  8. I have an unauthorized charge that was made by a minor in the amount of $44.99 I would like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an unauthorized charge that was made by a minor in the amount of $44.99 I would like...: There was a charge in the amount of $44.99 on Dec 3 I can't locate in my purchase history to get refunded due to it being done in a game by my son who accepted an upgrade while playing that...
  9. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: i purchased a VX Gaming wireless controller. the box says its recommend for xbox s . when i connected the controller an error appears b03a0d38-8c61-4b4d-9d65-e77b16ebbd1f
  10. Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?: Unauthorized purchases were made on my account. Microsoft refunded the money but the credits are still showing in the game. If I want to get credits but am afraid if I buy credits these will be...