Unacceptable deadzone and subsequent stick drift on elite series 2 controllers out the box.

Discus and support Unacceptable deadzone and subsequent stick drift on elite series 2 controllers out the box. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is my second brand new elite series 2 controller, with the exact same problem out the box within the first hour of use. I got the last one as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Edvin Hakansson, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Unacceptable deadzone and subsequent stick drift on elite series 2 controllers out the box.

So this is my second brand new elite series 2 controller, with the exact same problem out the box within the first hour of use. I got the last one as of 20 sep 2022.

I suspect anyone playing FPS games with this controller will know exactly what im talking about in regards to the right thumbstick.

From what i've gathered and experienced myself, i can confidently assume thar those who claim to not have issues with the elite 2 controllers right thumbstick, fall neatly into these three categories.

1. those who don't mind a deadzone of at least 14%. 2. those who don't mind multi-directional stick drift,

3. and lastly the new players who have no idea what this all means

So whats the problem i suspect we all invariably have?

1. large mechanical deadzone lacking tension.

2. Multi directional stick drift of the factory line.

Nr 2 is the result of the joysticks inability to recenter after a minor input motion in all directions.

This is not wear and tear and any cleaning will achieve nothing. Trying to mend this blunder microsoft is apparently ignoring in any meaningful way will only void warranty.

In my case this stick drift has invariably required an in game deadzone of 14% to mitigate completely.

This lrvel of deadzone will also invariably be a nuisance even for a casuals aim in FPS games, as we have to make a range of motion equal to 30% of the entire unilateral motion to merely get the cursor to stop, and to start moving the other way.

Me getting two brand new controllers having this exact issue and same extent, after soon three years in production, roughly in my currency still a 200$ price tag, and a settled lawsuit regarding this very issue on top... is something i dont find just completely unacceptable, but pretty freggin remarkable.

So to my question. i have about a week left to ask for a refund at my store. the only thing that will change my mind is some sort of guarantee that if i instead send it in to you for repairs, youll guarantee its sent back with an acceptable deadzone (maybe 5%?). Would something like this be possible?

Appreciate it, because other thab the joystick the controller is golden.

:)

Edvin Hakansson, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Kalmarn Win User

Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration?

Deadzones aren't really intended to fix stick drift. Stick drift is a fault that needs repairing.

And the customisation is another reason to buy the Elite. They need to make it different from the standard controller.
  3. Mercinary15 Win User

Xbox one elite controller 2

Ive gotten 2 elite series 2 controllers from amazon and both had stick drift out of the box. The second was even worse than the first. Amazon wouldn’t send me a 3rd and just refunded me.
  4. Blueheart14 Win User

Elite controller stick drift

The problem is not just the on elite 2 controllers its a issue with all controllers that use the PDP program because i have 3 afterglow controllers that have problems with joy stick drift i also have 2 power A controllers that have problems with joy stick
    drift as well and my brother has an elite 2 series controller that also has the same problem
  5. dobby220216 Win User

elite series 2 controller

I'm sorry to here that sadly I had my elite series 2 controller do the same thing, it started with the x button and then the bumpers, I noticed stick drift of both the sticks, sadly when I went to the store to exchange it for another one they had no
    elite series 2 controllers in stock, I switched to the Razer wolverine ultimate edition and so far its a great controller
  6. BlastingAxis Win User

Xbox one elite controller series 2

Ive had left stick drift with 4 elite contollers 2 right out of the box good thing for best buys warranty program
Thema:

Unacceptable deadzone and subsequent stick drift on elite series 2 controllers out the box.

1. Unacceptable deadzone and subsequent stick drift on elite series 2 controllers out the box. - Similar Threads - Unacceptable deadzone subsequent

2. How do you fix deadzone on left joystick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix deadzone on left joystick?: When I move up on my joystick, it doesn't register but when I move any other direction, it does register. 38f6bee9-0ca1-47b0-b455-71d5e0cc6fa6
  3. Game Pass language, unacceptable bad. Lack of simple features.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass language, unacceptable bad. Lack of simple features.: I am just gonna flat out state that it is unacceptable how badly this platform is for people that do not have English as their first language, and do not want their entire Windows to be English,...
  4. Unacceptable Queue time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unacceptable Queue time: Getting worse exponentially. 25 minute wait for Doom 64. Then reset to 25 minutes after I waited for 25 minutes. Been subscribing for well over a year now. Queue time keeps raising....
  5. Controller Deadzones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Deadzones: Why after 5 years of this option not only being disabled it's getting worse?! I know why as you want us mugs to shelll out for an elite controller but come on lads., you've got fans here who have...
  6. Why isn't there a way to change controller deadzone universally.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't there a way to change controller deadzone universally.: Some games don't have a setting for deadzones. Why isn't there an option to just set a base deadzone for your controller through the console. If some games can change my standard controller...
  7. High deadzone on xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    High deadzone on xbox cloud gaming: I noticed that while playing on cloud on my MacBook air through Safari, there's a very high dead zone for the controller which limits precise movement of aim especially in shooter games like...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone: Not really sure what else to call this, but it seems that at some after the raw controller input, there is a kind of deadzone applied to inputs so that the stick kind of "snaps" to the...
  9. Trigger deadzone issue on new elite series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trigger deadzone issue on new elite series 2: My new elite 2 controller is having a deadzone issue on the left trigger. I have checked the accessories app and my deadzone is set to the lowest setting for both triggers, but when I use the hair...
  10. How do I adjust the deadzone for my elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I adjust the deadzone for my elite series 2 controller: I recently got an elite series 2 controller and it has a slight issue with the right stick it wont stay in the middle it registers as left or right and its small enough for dead zone to fix but i...