Unable to use the Xbox PC app to play Gamepass Ultimate

Discus and support Unable to use the Xbox PC app to play Gamepass Ultimate in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Initially the app wouldn’t download on the Windows 10 store, so I did some updates on my laptop and it did help. But then when I would launch the Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ThatGuyNoOneRemember, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Unable to use the Xbox PC app to play Gamepass Ultimate

Initially the app wouldn’t download on the Windows 10 store, so I did some updates on my laptop and it did help. But then when I would launch the Xbox app, it would always be a black screen with the Xbox logo instead of a green one, and every time it opens up, I try to click the “Get 3 months of Ultimate for $1” but it shuts down the application. I then remembered that I had bought ReCore years ago and had it installed prior, so I tried to open the game from the Xbox app but it doesn’t go past the launch screen before shutting down.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I already uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox app, but it didn’t do much.

Issues

submitted by /u/ThatGuyNoOneRemember
    [link] [comments]

/u/ThatGuyNoOneRemember, Dec 18, 2020
  2. AhmadAskari Win User

Can't play any games on GamePass except the ones on EA Play for PC

No, They are not. I had GamePass PC earlier and everything used to work properly but then one day I got notification that there is an offer on GamePass Ultimate so I upgraded but since the day GamePass PC subscription ended and GamePass Ultimate subscription started, I can only launch games that are on EA Play and that too from EA Desktop App only.

Now, because the GamePass Ultimate was a 3 month subscription, so I can't even go back to GamePass PC until it's over.

Any game that launches from Xbox app for Windows fails to launch and tried repairing and resetting the Xbox and Microsoft Apps, sign-out and then again sign-in on both the apps but still same thing.

For Example, Forza Horizon 4 used to work earlier but now it does not.
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Game Pass Ultimate

The only reason to get the Ultimate Gamepass is for the PC games. If you play on Xbox and PC then the Ultimate Gamepass is worth it.
  4. ngocphi Win User

How can I access my Xbox games on windows?

Well first only play anywhere titles apply to pc and console

If you get gamepass Ultimate you can cloud play various console titles available on ultimate

You can also use the remote play feature of the xbox app for the installed games on your xbox
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

xboxgamepass

Hello WhyChiken,

Since you have Gamepass ultimate, that means you already have access to Xbox live gold, Gamepass for console and Gamepass for PC. To utilize the PC subscription, you just need to be signed into the same Microsoft account that owns the ultimate subscription.
    Use the Xbox Beta app to get started.

For more information, check out the
    Xbox Gamepass Ultimate FAQ
  6. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft and Xbox Game Pass Fraud by Customer Support

Ultimate also works on pc

You just get the pc libraries and the cloud play

Gamepass for console.has xbox games

Gamepass for.pc.has pc.only games

Gamepass ultimate has.both and cloud play

You can't access console.games on pc unless cloud

Same.with console.can't access pc games part of ultimate
Thema:

Unable to use the Xbox PC app to play Gamepass Ultimate

1. Unable to use the Xbox PC app to play Gamepass Ultimate - Similar Threads - Unable app play

2. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  3. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  4. Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s: I have tried to download apps such as Spotify or YouTube, it shows that I own it but whenever it comes to installing it, it just doesn't do anything, I've pressed it multiple times, I've tried...
  5. Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?: Its been crashing and freezing when I play Football Manager 24, I've downloaded the new app from the app store and all I get is ablack screen with the xbox sign and nothing else :(...
  6. I have got a new xbox s and I have connected the console to tv but unable to get to the app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have got a new xbox s and I have connected the console to tv but unable to get to the app...: *** ***removed sensitive information from post*** a1f4b37b-783f-4932-9035-392dd0ed26c0
  7. I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been unable to launch the Xbox app for PC for months. I just get a black screen...: Windows 10. Tried repairing/reinstalling gaming services. Windows is up to date. I have found similar threads with no final resolution. This is the most recent string of suggestions I've tried...
  8. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  9. Unable to play game that is under allowed apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play game that is under allowed apps: My account has a certain game that, while above what I am normally allowed to play by my restriction settings, is under allowed apps and I have played before. Now I am no longer able to download...
  10. Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game: I get an error when I want to join a friend in the game sea of thives bb9d09bc-ddf6-4a0f-894a-4b90d82e23b0