Unable to use Microsoft account funds to purchase DLC on xbox 360

Discus and support Unable to use Microsoft account funds to purchase DLC on xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having a problem trying to purchase some DLC for Rocksmith through the in game store. I'm trying to use my Microsoft account funds but I keep... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HWrye69, Jun 2, 2016.

1. HWrye69
    HWrye69 Guest

I'm having a problem trying to purchase some DLC for Rocksmith through the in game store. I'm trying to use my Microsoft account funds but I keep getting "Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your
    billing address is correct." I verified on the commerce.microsoft.com website that I have over $30 in my account. I've gone through the other steps I've seen posted, clearing my cache, re-downloading my profile, checking the address for my payment option
    (although there is no address for the microsoft account payment option, just the on file credit card).

Really looking for a solution as I don't want to lose that $30. Thanks!

:)

HWrye69, Jun 2, 2016
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Prepaid Code - Different regions

When you purchase an Xbox gift card, make sure that the currency you use matches the currency associated with the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will be unable to redeem the gift card.

If you redeem an Xbox gift card in a country that doesn’t match the country associated with your billing account, you won’t be able to use those funds.

The funds in your Microsoft account can’t be transferred after you redeem your Xbox gift card.

You can’t use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase physical goods from online stores.

ngocphi, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Microsoft currency can't buy 360 games

I've been trying to purchase a few Xbox 360 games from the Xbox store and it only allows credit card options despite having the Microsoft Xbox funds logged onto the account. What is the reasoning as to why I can't use Microsoft
    funds to purchase Xbox 360 games, but I can purchase Xbox one titles.

REAPER XLI 10, Jun 2, 2016
  4. HyruleBalverine Win User

Can not use Money in my Microsoft Account.

SmackHead; currently the funds in your Microsoft Account cannot be used to purchase LIVE subscriptions. These funds can only be used for content such as games, dlc, and videos/music.
  5. edcckao-7309BD36-134 Win User

Unable to use Microsoft Account funds for purchases...

Don't use the website, you just can't buy anything with MS points on it, and there is no option you can switch to MS points while purchasing.
  6. GunStar Foxy Win User

SuribatchixSama: When you go to make a purchase in the store you can select a payment option from your available ones, just change from your assigned credit card to your MS account usually at the top of the list.

ngocphi: I'm doing it from my console, i rarely if ever use the website for anything other than tech support.
  7. SURIBATCHIxSAMA Win User

Thanks @GunStar Foxy. I seem to have had a misconception of what Microsoft points and gamer score are. Huge NOOOB error on my part. Thank you kindly.
  8. SURIBATCHIxSAMA Win User

Right, so I have sort of the same problem but i just don't know how to use Microsoft points instead of the regular credit card option. I would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.
Thema:

1. Unable to use Microsoft account funds to purchase DLC on xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Unable Microsoft account

2. Unable to login to microsoft account from microsoft.com/link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to login to microsoft account from microsoft.com/link: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #30.5218d017.1704853901.b5600bae is the error code I get when I try to login into my microsoft account on a program that uses...
  3. I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to install any games from the Microsoft Store: This new laptop arrived and I wanted to install video games on it, such as Minecraft. I have been trying to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but this has not worked. Every single time I try to...
  4. I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods...: I am unable to link my Microsoft account with my Paradox account. I’m trying to get mods onto my GamePass version of Crusader Kings 3 and I think linking the accounts would fix that. I can’t get...
  5. unable to login to my Microsoft Minecraft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to login to my Microsoft Minecraft Account: i can login to my microsoft account BUT minecraft login does Fail iam unable to play this way 3993bb23-d4a0-48e1-bfc9-d1ede009cdcb
  6. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  7. If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...: If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to randomly link a wrong one? I have only ever used one Microsoft account for Minecraft on PS4 and now PS5, it...
  8. I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?: So I linked my old Mojang Minecraft account to Microsoft/Xbox about a year ago which uses my username that I have used for years. My old Minecraft account is no longer accessible due to linking...
  9. My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.: My Xbox account which I have not used for years has been locked and I no longer have access to the phone number to verify it. I have been trying to use the online verify form however as it was so...
  10. Network is/ console id on a broken / scrapped console. Unable to access Microsoft account...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network is/ console id on a broken / scrapped console. Unable to access Microsoft account...: Hi guys, Had the green screen of death so ended up deleting my main account. When trying to re-add I have forgotten my password and unable to reset as I have done this too many times in the past...