Unable to update Xbox account to adult status.

Discus and support Unable to update Xbox account to adult status. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm hooking up the new Xbox One. I am an adult and my 19 year old (also adult) can't sign in. I went online and updated the birthdate of our account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by parrotdr, Dec 25, 2015.

1. parrotdr
    parrotdr Guest

I'm hooking up the new Xbox One. I am an adult and my 19 year old (also adult) can't sign in. I went online and updated the birthdate of our account to mine, which is let's say PLENTY old enough to be adult status--I followed the steps on the following
    webpage and did it through my account on my PC.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/promote-child-account

On reboot and sign in it still insists we have an adult sign in on their separate account. What gives? I don't want to set up a new account or pay an extra fee.

:)

parrotdr, Dec 25, 2015
  2. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    {Parity}, Dec 25, 2015
  3. I Be Poppin
    I Be Poppin Guest
    Cannot promote child account.

My friends Xbox Live account is unable to promote to an Adult account. His date of birth is March 23, 1993, so he is definitely 18. His profile says otherwise because downloading M content and listening to Last F.M. are blocked. After hours of searching
    and countless attempts we are still unable to upgrade the account. The main issue we are experiencing is that the "Promote Child Account" button under my Information does not exist. Is there any way to check the account birth date or ultimately upgrade to
    adult status?

I Be Poppin, Dec 25, 2015
  4. {Parity} Win User

parental settings are messed

5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Fortnite Cross platform

The account needs to be an adult one if the adult dont biost the account you need to wait until the account has reached adult status on its own...
  6. Temhotabot Win User

Cant chance my Settings

When you turned 18 did you promote your account from child status to adult status? If not then you need to do so in order for it to be seen as an adult account.
  7. JamesOswald1 Win User

Transfer Account Profile to Childs Account

Can i change the status of my account from adult to child? And create a new adult account?
  8. ngocphi Win User

Can't Promote Account To Adult

Update on the situation : I have found what might be the way to promote my account, I just need to fix the adult account situation and then I should be able to fix this.
    Changing your age nor uchangjng to an adult ms account will work

Only time will change your status
Thema:

1. Unable to update Xbox account to adult status. - Similar Threads - Unable update account

2. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...
  3. Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x): On Xbox Series X (console) I'm unable to install the latest version/update of Insiders Hub. After waiting around 15 minutes at 99% I power cycled and same issue. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried...
  4. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  5. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  6. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  7. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  8. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  9. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  10. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...