Unable to update or connect Xbox 360 to Xbox Live

Discus and support Unable to update or connect Xbox 360 to Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I turn on my xbox 360 I get a message that an update is needed. But when I try to update it I get an "Update Failed" message that says "Can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JavanGreen, Jan 3, 2020.

1. JavanGreen
    JavanGreen Guest

When I turn on my xbox 360 I get a message that an update is needed. But when I try to update it I get an "Update Failed" message that says "Can't download the Update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox Live
    Connection." with a Status Code "4497 - 0000 - 3080 - 0300 - D000 - 0185". When I test my connection, everything is fine except my connection to Xbox Live.

I have tried restarting my xbox and my modem, I have tried clearing my system cache, I have started my xbox while holding the sync button to clear failed downloads, I have highlighted my storage drive and pressed LB RB X LB RB X and I have tried installing
    the update from a USB but nothing has worked. It still keeps telling me that I need the update but then it fails when I try.

I finally tried to do a factory reset by using the Format option, but when it finishes my games and profiles are still on the xbox so it clearly didn't work.

Any ideas or suggestions?

:)

JavanGreen, Jan 3, 2020
  2. MisterFizzle Win User

Unable to Apply Update because my XBOX won't connect

Hey there Faithfam,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue connecting to download that update.

There are a few things you can try to both get the update and troubleshoot your connection.

Here's a support article on
    How to get a new Xbox 360 update
    . I would suggest skipping down to the USB and CD solutions if you're having issues connecting to LIVE.

You can also troubleshoot your connection issue by following the prompts here: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/unable-to-connect-solution

Just to clarify on the connection, is this a recent issue? Have you been able to connect fine in the past and it's just not connecting now?

Let us know how that goes and we'll work from there. Happy gaming!
  3. Mister Quimby Win User

Status Code 416B-0000-D080-0200-8007-2EE2

Hey greatguy5137!

Sorry to hear about the status code error. This Status code usually means that you are unable to download an update from Xbox Live. If you are unable to connect to Xbox Live, I recommend trying a few steps.

Please give the following steps a try:

• Clear Your System Cache 3 times.
    • Press the Guide button on your controller, then select Settings, select System Settings and select Network settings.
    • Select the name of your Wireless Network
    • Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
    • If you are still unable to connect to Xbox Live, turn off your Xbox 360 console and your network hardware ( modem and router).
    • Wait 5 minutes and then turn on your modem and router.
    • Power on your Xbox console.
    • Repeat the Test Xbox Live Connection steps.

If you are still unable to connect to Xbox Live let us know and we will be here to help.

4. zViizionHD Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

Yes, I'm unable to connect to Xbox Live on the 360 through backwards compatibility.
  5. brmoore Win User

XBOX CAN'T UPDATE/CAN'T ACCESS XBOX LIVE. ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Same issue here. Unable to use XBOX Live due to update. Connection test shows connected to the internet but failed connection to XBOX Live. Just tried to play a game and had to download an update for it, no issues. System update popped up, same failed update
    status code.
  6. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Unable to sign into Xbox Live

Hey there!

Sorry to hear that you're still unable to connect to Xbox Live. Let's have you go through the troubleshooting guide for Xbox Live not working and follow
    the steps there. :)

Let us know how it goes!
Thema:

1. Unable to update or connect Xbox 360 to Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Unable update connect

2. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  3. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  4. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  5. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  6. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  7. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  8. Xbox unable to update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox unable to update: Having trouble updating Xbox. Tried different things shown from Google but, not having any luck.. 7f323a5b-d00c-461c-bdc9-706a36e3465e
  9. Unable to find “ease of access” tab on xbox series s after console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find “ease of access” tab on xbox series s after console update: My xbox series s controller is too sensitive after the last update. I’ve tried to follow the instructions to change the sensitivity, but I cannot find the “ease of access” tab. I’ve tried updating...
  10. I am unable to connect to Black Ops 3 servers because the game version won't update. What...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to connect to Black Ops 3 servers because the game version won't update. What...: I've tried reseting and restarting the console, I've tried waiting it out, but nothing works. Im on Xbox Series X btw. 7aa19469-1909-4002-92bb-83d88dc6ae11

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 4476 0000 0080 0300 d000 0185

2. xbox 360 4497 0000

3. 4497 0000 3080 0300 D000 0185